/film/

Thread for the serious discussion of arthouse and classic cinema.

Previously on /film/:

Attached: 812wcGeyF5L._AC_SL1500_~2.jpg (1500x1000, 223.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a4l-_NPRSto
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone watched Corpus Christi? I thought it was very good

Anybody have a magnet link to the bluray rip for this?
Galloposters deserve death
Yes, very good film.

Attached: 71NdfbTGY2L._AC_SY679_.jpg (476x679, 59.33K)

This film would've been a 5/5 if Verice was able to finish it the way he wanted.

Attached: 00000.m2ts_snapshot_01.12.53_[2020.03.05_05.10.12].jpg (1800x1080, 352.74K)

It's low-tier Bresson, don't bother

What is a high tier Bresson then? I have seen the film and liked it but i want to see the bluray rip.

Post alternative kino posters. Pic related is the italian poster for Au Hasard Balthazar

Attached: AU HASARD BALTHAZAR - Italian Poster by G. Di Stefano 2~2.jpg (864x1297, 313.63K)

And the Polish poster

Attached: NA LOS SZCEZCIA BALTAZARZE.jpg (704x1000, 191.52K)

Attached: eisenstein.jpg (912x1050, 304.98K)

Bresson is boring as fuck.

why is balthazar giving me bedroom eyes

Attached: A Touch of Zen (1971).jpg (1280x546, 83.44K)

filtered

I thought Marie committed suicide at the end because her mother says she is gone and never coming back. What do you think?

Attached: images.jpg (1020x1448, 216.07K)

based montage man

Are there any early proponents of Slow Cinema? Stuff like Tarkovsky and Tarr but released before WW2.

I still haven't watched it, but there's Greed by von Stroheim, it's 4 hours long and was released in 1924.

Cure your ADHD
She might have just run away. It's open to interpretation.

Greed is pretty fast-paced, just long as shit

Oh okay, I thought it'd be slow, did you like it?

While I'm sure there are people who might be categorised as progenitors to slow cinema I really feel like slow cinema is a product of a particular moment

He means films that focus on landscape and still scenes.

The greatest Canadian filmmakers are all experimental. I don't know why that is, but I think it is kind of interesting.

Attached: 1553991415953.jpg (2000x2000, 1.78M)

Not really but: Shimizu, Ozu, Antonioni, de Sica, Rossellini, Epstein, Peixoto, Vigo would be considered 'slow' for their time.

Asia timezones can never keep these threads alive. They truly have the worst taste. Every single Asian person I met think Lily Chou Chou and Iwai are the greatest thing ever.

Most movies longer than 90min don't justify their runtime and would benefit greatly from having a few minutes trimmed.

Who are these jokers?
You must love Bresson

Actually I take it back. I liked Trial of Joan of Arc. I forgot about that one.

>I liked Trial of Joan of Arc
Literally his worst film

Cringe

It's still a 5/5, but yes it is tragic

What's the name of that leaf director who diddled kids?

Clockwise from top left: Michael Snow, Joyce Weiland, Arthur Lipsett and Jack Chambers.

You forgot Guy Maddin.

Funny enough, Sally Polley might already in the top 5 greatest Canadian narrative directors which is pretty sad. I do love Exotica but Egoyan is pretty is pretty inconsistent so....

>pic
M. Woes has lost some weight

Snow is a hack, i don't know that fat woman. The rest is good. Guy Maddin and Cronenberg are great too.

What is this?

Don't get the hype for this one. I've seen 5 King Hu films and this is my least favorite by a mile. It doesn't hold my attention and I've seen it twice to make sure.

youtu.be/a4l-_NPRSto

Are George Lucas' student films kino?

Attached: photos.medleyphoto.5242620.jpg (800x1065, 153.48K)

you consider Cronenberg experimental?

Attached: 21a1fcc784c13ebf02680da0f1d81b3e.jpg (800x1136, 99.78K)

Sure he is

El Sur, beautiful movie

You forgot John fawcett

Oh yeah I've seen it. Now I know what you guys are talking about getting it cut short. Didn't recognize the scene and "Verice" threw me off ...

Yeah, have you watched The Spirit of the Beehive? I'm downloading it right now to watch it later.

Not him, but personally I like Spirit and Tree Sun more then El Sur.

Yeah also amazing
El Sur is my favorite but can't go wrong with Erice

>the greatest Canadian filmmakers are experimental
I'm disagreeing with this claim.

Does anyone know when the remaster is coming out?

Attached: Come And See, 1985.jpg (1600x900, 203.4K)

It's already up on Criterion Channel. ;)

It was my favourite but now BALTHAZAR has taken that spot.

Only a person who doesn't understand what makes Bresson great would say this. LES ANGES DU PÉCHÉ is his worst.

El espiritu de la colmena is one of Kurosawa's favorites

I do not care for Dreyer outside of Vampyr, which seems to be his only film to actually explore the potential and limitations of cinema as an art form. All his other films feel like shot theatre plays.

>muh medium specificity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi 20th century person! Do you think writing that doesn't use its typographical element isn't literature but merely a dead orature?

I got Ordet but I haven't had a chance to watch it.

Attached: granny.webm (600x360, 2.93M)

No.

GRANDFATHER CLAUSE HUH
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE HUH
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE HUH
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE HUH
GRANDFATHER CLAUSE HUH

I consumed Black God, White Devil on 2x, with the window set to "always display on top", so I can do stuff in the background while the film is playing.
AT THE SAME TIME, I pirated Bloodstained from zippyshare, downloading it part by part.

So what movie should I consume next? I'm looking for something from South America, without too much violence, if any.

Attached: C8CHd2ZVsAAKVsI[1].jpg (502x375, 41.6K)

Anything by Pedro Costa, Miguel Gomes, or Matias Piñeiro. Little violence in these films, if any at all in Piñeiro's oeuvre.