Wait bros i thought ending it after 1 season was a decision based on artistic integrity by Lindeloff?

cbr.com/hbo-watchmen-viewing-numbers-not-popular/

Wait bros i thought ending it after 1 season was a decision based on artistic integrity by Lindeloff?

Attached: file.png (1440x1407, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iMpIyBpOC4c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_Abdul-Mateen_II
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it can't possibly be less popular than I think though

I actually liked the first half a bit, it just went to complete shit in the flashback episode and when manhattan showed up

Oh fuck, it did even worse?

No shit. No one is even talking about the show. Not even the shills or SJWs.

>as popular AS WE WERE PAID to tell you
fixed that for you

Attached: 7EC63095-9E04-4624-A879-174E973E0E21.jpg (300x168, 6.12K)

This. It still boggles my mind how so much potential could be squandered so badly.

it can't be less popular than zero, that article is lying!

anyone with half a brain knew it wasn't popular... if it was a hit, there would be another season. it was a massive failure.

I saw the first episode and I thought it was a pretty interesting idea but what went wrong? Don’t care about spoilers

lmfao remember how that tripfag copeposted for weeks on every Watchmen thread claiming this shit wasn't cancelled?

in other news: Water is wet.

>Adventures of the world's richest teenager when bros?

Attached: Jolie Hoang-Rappaport 1.jpg (1080x1350, 147.36K)

>cbr
kill yourself faggot

looks like Yas Forums was correct once again

>a decision based on artistic integrity by Lindeloff?

"Oh no, now I'll never get to finish up those dangling plotlines which I totally had a long-term plan for because this time I wasn't just pulling shit out of my ass like with Lost or Prometheus. What a shame no one will see that totally satisfactory ending which I absolutely planned out and wrote already"

Attached: roll.jpg (800x450, 38.53K)

My goodness I am so shocked. Shocked I say. Next you are gonna say the sky is blue.

It probably was Lindelof, not because of artistic integrity but because he wants another instant hit like Lost, HBO is known for continuing support for critically acclaimed shows struggling to find an audience.

7 season and a dildo!

Attached: 1559361340231.jpg (2316x1580, 274.84K)

Miss Me Yet?

Attached: Snyder.jpg (1082x1082, 170.62K)

Only good ep was ep 5.
youtube.com/watch?v=iMpIyBpOC4c

Attached: looking-glass-lead.png (1284x856, 1M)

I'm a big fan of Lost and The Leftovers is one of my favorites shows. But this shit was honestly really half baked. It has that classic Lindeloff "ooooo mysterious shit that doesn't make sense, and then half makes sense later in the series" thing going for it, but the resolutions to pretty much every single story arc is pretty terrible. And Dr. Manhatten looks looks and acts like a class A faggot through the entire thing. There is like 3 episodes of good material spread over 9.

Holy shit, this post literally could have been made by me. And I was about to answer that guys question myself. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

>Only good ep was ep 5.
This
If the entire show had been based mainly around Glass and Irons it would have been much better
Anglea is an unlikable cunt and not in a good way.
Everything with Manhattan was poorly done and the raceshit was really fucking annoying especially if you aren't an ameirfat

>Simpleton populi is too stupid to understand and support intelectual artstic endeavours.

...Am i supposed to be surprised by this? Methinks not, its just continued perpetual dissapointment on humanity.

That woman looks weird

Our culture is in a pretty sick place desu. It's not really even that a series as explicitly anti-white as Watchmen could be financed and platformed by a major company like HBO, but that there's not even the ability to critique it for being anti-white within the mainstream.

It was going along alright when suddenly the show pivots and does a long flashback to show the past of hooded justice who turns out to be our Angela's grandaddy. He was fighting a evil secret society whose descendents turn out to be the police chief and family.

After recovering Angela is told that everything is a plot to get Dr Manhatten. She goes and Cal who - twist - is the Dr in human disguise with suppressed memory's. Apparently he decided to go out with her because he remembered that did so in the future (although that goes against the comics and show says about how things work for him). So anyway he disguises himself as a dead black guy she chooses and the Dr forgets who he is just after setting up the events in the present day.

If you are wondering where all the other characters went, well so was everyone else. From a show with a bit of an ensemble and world building going, suddenly everything that has happened in the last 20 years was basically all about Angela. She is suddenly the centre of the Watchmen world and while other plot lines are desperately dragged together, it is a pretty underwhelming climax.

Felt like a real waste. I quite liked the take on a leftist dystopia that the first few episodes were depicting, it seemed genuinely original. Then it turned to the everything is about Angela show.

every white man turned it off after the first 15 minutes

cares more about niggers than telling a good story

>integrity by Lindeloff

Attached: 1580813408035.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

Reminder that when they said "7 million viewers watched the season so far", they meant "the same one million people watched seven episodes in a row".

>wokemen

Attached: 8FE31EBE-D753-40AD-99E9-B6BA77FF293C.jpg (600x451, 111.38K)

>the world isn't like your twitter bubble
wtf bros

not really. Imagine having an IP handed to you on a silver platter and you fuck it up.

Attached: 1558627683772.png (335x443, 227.2K)

Hilariously, they actually used "popular on Twitter" as promo material, which was also a blatant lie - it wasn't popular on Twitter, either

Attached: 1576046634515.png (814x1430, 767.78K)

Where are the deep pockets investing in this shit? Aren't they mad? At themselves if nothing else.

Watchmen vs. Euphoria was my favorite rivalry

Who would win
>an epic $100 million production based on a decades old franchise with massive CGI and location shoots created by a guy whose done multiple blockbuster movies and series
>a trap who loves being gaped by old men

the answer will shock you!

Attached: f6ff23d2ca9203fef253df34267fd1f4.jpg (750x929, 113.99K)

Euphoria is actual kino even if it isn't your cup of tea for fap material.

I didn't notice because I was too busy furiously jerking off to it

Attached: 0DA6DCC0-7A8C-42C9-9368-4D9C8581B486.jpg (1920x877, 173.72K)

This, it's actually a really good show lol

>I have walked across the surface of the sun. I have witnessed events so tiny and so fast, they could hardly be said to have occurred at all. But you, Adrian, you're just a man. The world's smartest man poses no more threat to me than does its smartest termi- AAAAAAARRRGHHHH LITHIUM MY ONE WEAKNESS I'M DYING

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 193.95K)

Attached: i9e.png (808x344, 477.57K)

>a bunch of random neo-Nazis accomplished more against an immortal god than the smartest man in the world

No he fuckin sucked

Watchmen should have ended with Ozy just chucking a cell phone at him in Antarctica and killing him

>just paint him blue and leave his iris and pupils, it'll be fine. Trust me.

the show was bad, but no need to misremember it and make it worse. The neo nazi's accomplished nothing. Ozy at least fucked him out of existence for a few seconds.

>watchmen sequel
>potential
?

>no need to misremember it and make it worse. The neo nazi's accomplished nothing.
he literally dies lmao

d e d

the neo nazi's had almost nothing to do with that.

nooo he put his essence inside a egg

it was so unpopular that it caused other shows to lose popularity

who the fuck thought this trash was popular

remind me because i couldn’t remember
Why does manhattan came back to earth for the ugliest sheboon on the planet?

Attached: 73C08E0C-EE76-4FB3-A9A1-72C72179DC1D.jpg (694x1067, 120.15K)

>I smell bleach!

Pic on the right is official

Attached: 2009vs2019.png (808x344, 421.84K)

>turn black
>IQ drops

Created by Lindeloff and inspired by the black propaganda of Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Same people who think game of thrones was popular

because since he's experiencing his life all at once all the time, he knew he was going to fall in love with her. So he had to be there to do it.

>10 years has passed
>it looks worse than decade ago

Attached: 0C26D50C-7018-462C-8E2D-C06B5CCF4BE9.jpg (505x380, 60.87K)

reparations

No
God can you imagine how it must feel to be Alan Moore to have work after work of yours trashed by hack after hack only for the mangled retarded bastard of an adaptation to be better known due to corporate distribution burying your own original message.

look at man in high castle

What’s his name Yas Forums?

Attached: 4B431491-82DC-4A11-8359-6847CF938563.jpg (828x825, 35.77K)

dr moustapha

the stupid egghead shape I would probably tolerate but there is ZERO FUCKING REASONS why his eyes aren't completely white.

Dr. Harlem

I believe they just canceled the sfx contracts when it flopped coming out the gate.

Squidward

>Why would I save a world... I no longer have any purple drank in?

Attached: dr detroit.webm (960x540, 3M)

>can see his death coming
>literally does nothing to stop it when he easily can
at the very least they could have come up with some contrivance for why he had to die.

>Why does manhattan came back to earth for the ugliest sheboon on the planet?
Because his prior characterization as a guy who's attracted to jailbait white women was problematic.

Looks like a fucking SyFy original

Attached: rttivf.png (640x480, 269.08K)

Why would I care a single bit how many people watched it?

Alan Moore’s only famous for raping other people’s work in the first place. He rarely wrote something that wasn’t either based on an existing property or a Tarantino level “homage”.

That would mean his eyes are a bright WHITE glow, and on a black DrM thats a no no

Attached: lunchbox-loop.gif (900x568, 305.61K)

Its that pic real? Seriously what's going on?

Attached: esshpvrxuaazjlc.jpg (1000x563, 55.29K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahya_Abdul-Mateen_II