RISE OF SKYWALKER Novelization Reveals how Palpatine's FINAL MOMENTS TO SURVIVE DEATH STAR

>"Falling...Falling...Falling...down a massive shaft, the betrayal sharp and stinging, a figure high above, black clad and helmeted and shrinking fast. His very own apprentice had turned against him, the way he himself had turned against Plagueis...whose secret to immortality he had stolen.

>"Plageuis had not acted fast enough in his own moment of death. But Sidious, sensing the flickering light in his apprentice, had been ready for years. So the falling, dying Emperor called on all the dark power of the Force to thrust his consciousness far, far away, to a secret place he had been preparing. His body was dead, an empty vessel, long before it found the bottom of the shaft, and his mind jolted to a new awareness in a new body -- a painful one, a temporary one.

>"Although the Emperor had planned on Vader's inevitable betrayal, the moment arrived sooner than expected: "The secret place had not completed its preparations. The transfer was imperfect, and the cloned body wasn't enough. Perhaps Plagueis was having the last laugh after all. Maybe his secret remained secret. Because Palpatine was trapped in a broken, dying form."

What the fuck did they mean by this??

Attached: maxresdefault (37).jpg (1280x720, 64.9K)

I'm grateful to the based jews and satacucks for destroying this shit franchise forever.

Fact: all star wars fans are virgins

Attached: 1552852832116.jpg (1080x1331, 91.02K)

Seems pretty straightforward to me. Palpatine was always about cheating death so preparing clone bodies is right up his alley. That the violent and sudden nature of his death meant the transfer was imperfect makes sense.

Attached: 2205051-palps_reborn_tea.jpg (886x1200, 1.08M)

Fuck that, and fuck Disney. The movies are so bad they're not even worth talking about only a few months later.

Long live the Star Wars saga.

Attached: The Star Wars Saga.jpg (1500x938, 216.55K)

>But Sidious, sensing the flickering light in his apprentice, had been ready for years. So the falling, dying Emperor called out "AAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH MAAHHHDEEEEEEEEEEEK!!"

Imagine having to write a novel to retcon your entire franchise. What a fucking disaster Disney has created.

Why didn't they just make the final villain Plageuis? They could've literally just done this exact same thing except with him
oh right
box office draw

>But Sidious, sensing the flickering light in his apprentice, had been ready for years.
>"Although the Emperor had planned on Vader's inevitable betrayal, the moment arrived sooner than expected:
So then he wasn't ready was he? This whole thing is schlock and is an absolute embarrassment. They can try to explain it all they want but it doesn't change the fact that it's a disgrace to the OT and Anakin's redemption.

>MFW DISNEY IS LITERALLY RELEASING POST RELEASE PATCHES TO A FUCKING MOVIE

Attached: 1583160691446.jpg (262x263, 9.04K)

Except he wasn't. He just told Anakin a story to manipulate him.

Darth Plaguesis being anything more than a bunch of bullshit he made up to manipulate Anakin is childish idiocy.

So if he could do it before, why couldn't he do it again? Why couldn't he have warehouses full of clones hidden all over the galaxy and just transfer again when Rey killed him? Why are we supposed to think he's really dead this time? Goddamn. To think I used to call myself a fan of this franchise.

It's a franchise for little children nothing makes sense

Now with this new knowledge in mind...

What ultimately did Rian Johnson mean by this?

Attached: 1570264819513.png (720x1088, 423.91K)

>Because Palpatine was trapped in a broken, dying form
a dying form that survived well enough for over 30 years

>...whose secret to immortality he had stolen.

lmao

Imagine writing a retcon to your billion dollar movie three months after it aired and having it make even less sense. Did he just stop cloning himself? Did he not have yet another secret planet? Could he just not possess a dead guy? Why not make a body where hes ninety feet tall and swarming with midichlorians? When they killed him in the movie why didnt he just possess yet another body

>His very own apprentice had turned against him, the way he himself had turned against Plagueis...whose secret to immortality he had stolen.
who writes this shit holy fuck
im better

do they get lousy writers for these intentionally or does nobody involved care because only idiots would read a novelization of a movie?

>not cloning prime Anakin
>not storing your soul in that superior body
>not literally reclaiming the Empire 20 min after the battle of Endor
So why did he let the Empire destroy itself with all the infighting?
Why did he revealed he was alive when he still wasn't prepared?
Why didn't he transfer his soul into Rey after she stroke him down as he asked for?

This all seems pretty convinient

"I defend the artistic merit of my $200 blockbuster by screeching incoherently on Twitter."

This. It could have gone on for many more decades. But they decided to put a bullet through its head.

>*schlop schlop* yea this is good, makes sense to me! *schlop schlop*

Attached: 1566505217274.png (684x529, 133.56K)

It's written by a feminist romance novelist

i cant believe how low quality it is though
its like a teenager writing and not with any degree of care

Sex gifs

>thrust his consciousness far, far away, to a secret place he had been preparing.
Magick from Harry Potter

>not with any degree of care
Because it doesn't need to be good. It was written to patch the plot holes, not to be a story. And the corporate slave mousecucks will lap it up anyway.

literally a Yas Forums shitpost why do we hate this guy again

darth jar jar binks trilogy when?

based Rian

>muh soi wars lore

who says we hate him?
he basically killed disney

>Maybe his secret remained secret
not "Perhaps his secret endured"? nah why bother just type any old redundant shit

The Force used to be nothing more than simple little tricks like telekinesis-lite and mind manipulation. The most powerful form of it was appearing as a ghost, or being able to sense your destiny and follow it.

Now it's just whatever the fuck they want it to be, and Disney is taking the piss. Now you can mentally teleport across the universe and revive the dead and cast energy storms that destroy star fleets.

That is jsut your headcannon. The real cannon, even from the prequels says that Plagueis existed.

I feel bad for whomever had to write that.

Who gives a shit about disney wars?

The Force was something that was there in the background. Now is literally deus ex machina macguffin that moves the plot.

It's amazing, even the prequels with all the Jedi fanwank never had the force as the literally engine of the plot.

Think that it took many decades to create that cloned body that he was transferred to and it was imperfect. Maybe it wasn't so easy to create clones... wait but now I'm thinking about the fucking clone army... How the fuck was so hard to create a clone of him if there were armies of clones?

Literally since the novelization of EIII and even some of the drafts of the EIII had Plagueis as a real being and even the creator of Anakin.

>we
kill yourself mouse nigger

No.

holy shit let it fucking die already.

>buying EA-style DLC for movies

Attached: old_man_kek.jpg (480x360, 9.83K)

>it took many decades to create that cloned body
So why not start as soon as he "died" the first time? Also you're already putting more thought into it than the writers.

Sigh... Somehow, Palpatine's consciousness has returned to an empty clone vessel he prepared years beforehand.

How was so difficult to create a clone of Sheev and why was it imperfect if Sheev had made a fucking clone of armies?

He only needed to tell the the kaminoans to make hundreds of clones of him and store them secret bases in distans planets.

Star Wars is so fucking lazy and stupid

>why was it imperfect if Sheev had made a fucking clone of armies?
dick didnt work good

A good question... for another time.

Yeah just copy Dark Empire but worse

>Maybe it wasn't so easy to create clones

>Two Snokes ready for deployment floating in a tank a year after Kylo broke that flesh puppet.

That's right. They had at least 3 Snokes. Palps could've just went into a replacement body and have a new young body cloned andy try at any later date.
But no. He had to sperg at Fortnite.

If only he have prepared 2 clones

this is all so fucking retarted. the fact that people get paid well to make this trash is disheartening to say the least

>we want the sauron/voldemort audience

Rey was a botched clone. It's probably in some Disney book somewhere that makes Chewie look like a pedophile or something.

You can almost heat the writer giggling as he writes this.

Maybe those other Snoke clones weren't finished. They didn't look finish to me.

Plantain's character was always extreme arrogance. As soon as he was called Emperor and Anakin turned, he thought he won the star wars.
"Your overconfidence is your weakness" - General George Washington.

She, Rae Carson.

Literal Harry Potter magic

How though? It took like five years to make enough clones to conquer a fucking galaxy

Why even make 2 replacements a years after original had died? Why have those replacements? Was Snoke prone to lose balance and stumble into the blender inexplicably installed in his throne room's floor, sending golden, sorry aurpylean khalat flitter in all directions? Did they have another one shipped in every time this happened?

Attached: main-qimg-04c8e8f1a0e21fcb6b455e5b963b2e0b.jpg (3220x3848, 2.45M)

no alec guinness?

Cancelled for blackface

Notice how the guy is talking about having a pay off for the villain, but Rian is talking about explaining their origin. These are two different things.

Yes, Palpatine was a complete mystery in the OT just like Snoke. But it didn't matter because he had a clear purpose in the story. He was a key element to the father/son drama between Luke and Vader (aka the whole point of the fucking trilogy). It wouldn't have worked without him. And his death was a huge pay off to their arc.

Snoke had no such significance. He was there to yell at Kylo and then die. His death didn't even mean anything for any of the characters. He had zero pay off.
That's the real problem with Snoke. Not surface level shit like "booo they never explain him boo my cool Snoke theory got bamboozled".

Attached: hea deya.png (747x800, 689.65K)

Huh did people really not get that his body was a clone in the movie?
I mean, the movie is fucking shit and unsalvageable, no matter what you retcon, but that was pretty obvious.
Shit I can't believe they literally had to spell it out for the monkey niggers that couldn't understand that.

ALL OF THIS WAS TOTALLY PLANNED U GUISE

Attached: 5t3gv1f2hm741.jpg (900x559, 96.05K)

Swear to fucking god, why the fuck do they even bother?! That gaggle of faggots writing the nuWars books aren't even writing, they are just filling in plot holes.

Star Wars has been dying for 5 years. A bullet is too quick. I would describe it as being stoned to death.

Sidious origin didn't matter in the OT because we didn't actually know what happened before ANH. The mysterious origin of Snoke makes no sense in the sequels as we know the OT and their victory. There's no explanation about this new empire out of nowhere and it's a glaring plot hole that they never fixed because this trilogy is a reboot not a real sequel.