It always seemed strange to me that some people assumed Agent Smith was lying to Cypher about his deal to get plugged...

It always seemed strange to me that some people assumed Agent Smith was lying to Cypher about his deal to get plugged back in

Why would the machines feel the need to lie?

Attached: DEBB60AF-0AD2-4B37-BD21-D70F546A73D4.jpg (515x250, 27.34K)

Smoothbrains equate "bad guy" with "lies all the time no matter what".

Literally why Lucas had Yoda confirm Vader wasn’t lying about being Luke’s father

It’s forgivable that kids assume bad guys must be lying but adults that still think like that are retarded

>adults that still think like that are retarded
Reminder that the concept of "human brains as processors" was scrapped by the producers in favor of "humans are batteries" because they didn't think the audience would be able to understand using human brains as processors.

Probably as the machines appear to show human-like emotions at times in the movie, such as anger, frustration, sadism, and I'm sure some others. There is somewhat of an 'evil' aspect to how the machine's emotions and behaviours are shown.
I also thought that it was unlikely the machines would feel safe allowing someone who had taken the redpill, to revert back to the matrix.

how did Cypher enter the Matrix alone? don't you need an operator to hook you up and pull you out?

"processor" was not a very common term in the 90s

The Matrix was a metaphor for Plato's cave, and leaving it was attaining knowledge of the true world. So no, you can't go back into the Matrix, just how you can't return to ignorance once you've achieved enlightenment. Smith lied so he could get Cypher to betray his friends. He lied because he needed to

>"processor" was not a very common term in the 90s
"Computer" was, though.

The machines have the ability to kill anybody plugged into the matrix instantly though

>how did Cypher enter the Matrix alone? don't you need an operator to hook you up and pull you out?
You only need that if you're illegally hijacking a signal. If the machines are cool with you, they can just open the front door and let you in.

>illegally hijacking

Did the machines have laws?

As I understood it, Cypher would have been wiped clean when rejoining the Matrix. So I don't see why Smith would have lied here.

No, they send Agents after you that will kill you in battle. You can delay them if your skills are good, but ultimately they will kill you. It is not instantkill though.

If you intrude the signal they will hunt you like an immune system.

>Did the machines have laws?
Humans aren't allowed to leave the pods.

To be fair, I'd have to ask someone else to confirm some space Hitler in a mask and a laser sword was really my dad too.

>No, they send Agents after you that will kill you in battle. You can delay them if your skills are good, but ultimately they will kill you. It is not instantkill though.
I think user means how people that haven't been unplugged can get hijacked and killed by agents.

>The Matrix is bloat
What do?

Even if you had space powers to know it was true?

Yes, that’s exactly what I mean

It’s why they have to red pill people without drawing attention, otherwise they’d just get turned into agents and killed beforehand

Why waste resources on reconnecting a single body? Cypher had zero leverage over the machines, so why would the machines fulfill their end of the deal?

>Have to reprogram everyone's experiences in the matrix just to make cypher powerful.
One guy isn't worth the effort, especially when it had potential to fuck up other people. There's no reason not to back on their deal.

>give us the key to taking down our mortal enemies
>what about my reasonable easily fulfilled request?
>ok

why would they lie? fuck he even asked to be mind wiped.

This.

So what if he gave them what they want and they don't do their part. Who would he complain to?

To be frank I think Cypher knew this possibility, he was just taking a bet, anything to escape that world.

Why would you assume the machines are able to reset or fake memory, if they were capable of doing so there wouldnt have been mass riots in earlier versions of the matrix

If they can’t do basic resets then wouldn’t Neo find it weird when his “dream” about getting arrested at work by agents is then brought up around the water cooler at work by his colleagues?

No "cpu" was. Some boomers still call a PC "CPU".

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN CAGE

Attached: neetlife.jpg (500x666, 65.38K)

Niggas, the fucking bluepill that morpheous had was a reset what the hell are you talking about. Smith was just gonna give him the blue pill and go back to normal, goddamn brothas

I don't remember voting for them!

No the blue pill isn't anything. There's no need to reset because he hasn't been redpilled.

The sentinels that arrive at the end were meant to take him and Morpheus. They were waiting nearby and Smith orders them to get to Morpheus when he learns Cypher failed.

Since the final stretch of the movie plays out almost in real time, they might not know Morpheus got out. Notice how they rush to the chair - perhaps it was not to kill Neo.

The deeper question is even if you know with certainty that the machines will uphold their end of the bargain is it even something you want? By his own words Cypher doesnt want to remember anything. Are you even you at this point? If somehow you get a perfect copy of yourself the moment you are copied the other you is not really you anymore its a whole new entity. Getting your memory wiped irreversibly is akin to getting killed.

he literally requests a memory wipe though

what's a computer?

Attached: what's a computer.jpg (1920x802, 746.63K)

He lied because he chose to.
I think that's what the machines thought. They might just as well kill him and pretend some random guy in the matrix was cipher in the past. That's the same outcome, but with less effort. Thats the calculation you'd expect from a machine.

Machines Fulfill their promises

>Morpheus contacts Neo, confirming him as a suspected 'One.'
>Fly a machine to his pod, unplug him and kill him
>Series never happens, machines continue on as usual

you're acting like neo isn't still in the matrix when he "gets out"

>Why would the machines feel the need to lie?
To reach the end of a task. Logic.

Intel inside

Double Matrix is not a thing

What will the 4th be about then?

So why didn't the agents just spawn as neo as soon as they new he was the next target? They could have right? Or did they gamble because they thought they could flip him for info on zion and morpheus?

still cant believe this was the horse guy from the sopranos

Fuck, I want steak on tap for life. HNNG.

Attached: CS.jpg (670x283, 87.82K)

Cypher wasn't that retarded, I think it is possible that this has happened before with people returning to the machines or being plugged in again. So that's why he is trusting, yeah there is the possibility they'd just liquefy him or whatever but that just discourages would be traitors.

They put a bug in him in the hopes they could track him to Morpheus, he was redpilled less than an hour after they took the bug out so they probably didn’t realise

The machines actually don't lie. Hell, the architect experiences the machine version of being offended when Neo suggests he's capable of lying

Machines consider "lying" to be a human trait which is why they don't do it

Indeed, the only programs who ever lie are the ones aligned with the humans (like the Oracle)

When they're training Neo they explain that the Agents take over "people who are dependent on the simulation"

Even if Neo hasn't had the pill yet, his mind is already rejecting the matrix and thus he can't be taken over by an agent

Machines pride themselves on being “above” Human shortcomings, in the comics or other short stories it’s shown they’re very honest and loyal to deals.

Yeah, but they also say anyone who is still hardwired can become one.

yes it is dumb ass, it's the whole point of the movie

Well he was going to do it because the "real" world is just another layer of simulation.

Think about it.
>Architect show Neo all previous "Neos" comforting him.
>they all look the same
If the real world is not simulation every Neo will be different person
>what if Humans are clones
If this was the case the genetic material that produce Neo was going to incinerator long long time ago.

The Matrix is a like a first floor maze in multilayer dungeon. "Real World" is just second floor. A well designed dungeon is not one that cannot be escaped. It is one that will take so long no one will live to see the end.

>if anyone is still in the machine why will agents hunt Neo
Agents are Ai with limited knowledge. They are programed to do their job and nothing more. They think if they don't do their job the matrix will collapse because they are programed to think this way. How well they do its irrelevant. They are just the the doorman to level 2.

From a purely objective standpoint, mindwiping Cypher and plugging him back into the Matrix would be easy and more cost-effective than killing him. The sticking point is the making him "rich/famous". There is no need for them to hold up that end of the bargain. Once cypher is mindwiped, they can make him anything.

It would be a funny karmic punishment if cypher became a homeless man, stuck with this constant sense that there was something wrong with the world but he himself was the reason that he could no longer see what it was.

It's a drink I order at my local bar.
>I'll take a double matrix
Decent cocktail for 4 bucks.

>Do you think that's veal you are eating..?
Mr. Smith. We have a deal. Unlimited cunny in the exchange for zion's codes. Happy hunting friend.

Why was the AI incapable of fully cooking the steak? Is this scene supposed to make us think the matrix will never get real life quite right?

Attached: Thinking_Face_Emoji_large.png (480x480, 101.43K)

>Architect show Neo all previous "Neos" comforting him.
>they all look the same
That's not what that scene is....it's showing how he can predict human emotional reactions, so he knows what Neo is feeling even if Neo isn't showing it. When they talk about Neo's predecessors they don't literally mean they were all Neo or even looked like him.

>Well he was going to do it because the "real" world is just another layer of simulation.
Yes and no. The "real" world is a simulation in the sense that machines expect humans to reject the matrix and one human specifically to come along that is perfectly tapped into their network, so they plan for that. The "real" world is also a simulation in the sense that the machines themselves are trapped on earth. The canon machine explanation for the Human-AI war makes that very clear. A human race so advanced they can build a race of AI, can block out the sun planet-wide....wouldn't that race be capable of space travel and colonization? So there are multiple levels here:

>1: Humans in the matrix
>2: Humans out of the matrix (still under the machine plan)
>3: The machines, and the One(s)
>4: 99% of the human race, living on the Moon/Mars, looking back at earth and thinking "well that was a fuckup, let's not do that again"

Anything above medium rare is basically eating a leather glove. Might as well order a hamburger with no bun and no seasoning.
Do you Enjoy putting ketchup on everything you eat or are you 9 years old?