Ay yoog, lemme bust out da time wizahd

>ay yoog, lemme bust out da time wizahd
>he can turn da game in my favor anytime i play him since this game has no roolz!

Attached: w.jpg (412x600, 46.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JHrynLSZ2qc
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Just realising 20 years after the fact that the series doesn't follow the rules of the card game

Attached: 1530742100798.gif (245x176, 547.64K)

>non-targeting destruction in your path
Yeah I'm thinking time wizard is based.

It'd be extremely boring if it actually did

Duelist kingdom was written in manga form before the konami game.

And how does that conflict with my post exactly?

It took you 20 year to realize it you braindead zoomer retard lmao

My years spent replacing actual social interaction with Yas Forums has rendered me in the sad state of viewing anything that isn't my exact opinion as a personal attack, thus I respond with seething rage. My apologies.

>be me, satoshi san
>52 year old lifer at kaibacorp
>work from 9am til whenever boss leaves, usually around 11pm
>boss is teenager who is hellbent on getting revenge on a hobbit with starfish shaped haircut at a children's card game
>most night have to accompany boss to corporate dinners/drinking sessions where he sips hojicha and broods while we are forced to drink copious amount of sake
>get home at 4am
>wife is asleep and has been spending too much time at her personal masseuse lately
>two daughters, sachiko and machiko, just see me as an atm
>considering killing myself in the suicide woods next month

Attached: KaibaCorp.png (1024x768, 782.28K)

*Uses it against Yugi and makes DM fucking stronger*

>Tag Duel event in Duel Links
>Drop a huge monster your opponent has no chance of killing
>They set something
>Now it's Joey's turn
>Drops Time Wizard and calls it wrong because he sees no other way of clearing your opponent's field

>yugioh and beyblade were produced solely to sell shit to kids
>tfw your childhood nostalgia consists of nothing of soulless capitalism and exploitation by corporations

>Gives Joey a card that only buffs his trump card
Was Yugi a bad friend?

Attached: DarkSage-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png (400x586, 457.03K)

Yugioh was not created to sell shit

Well at least you didn't get dismissed like 90% of the staff because of their inability to translate their knowledge of military weapons and government regulations to a children's card game.

i will commit seppuku soon

At least they were trying to sell you fun.

Christ almighty this is one of the most awful boss monsters I've ever seen.
At least gate guardian can kill most other boss monsters in a vacuum. This dude needs so many moving pieces just to get you a spell card.

I never understood Yugioh, although to be fair I didn't really watch it. Can't Kaiba just buy the company that makes these cards? Can't they just make him some kind of 1/1 god card that makes him instantly win. Like the card is "draw and activate this card and you win".

t. Joey

I imagine the card company is probably the only one with more money than Kaiba.

this is what i thought too but from my memories of the shwo i thought pegasus became a good guy who gave up after he lost to yugi, i would think he would give up on maintenance of the game and would be open to giving it to kaiba who was passionate about it

Maybe he could but he wouldn't do that because he still cares about winning fairly
Kaiba is the typical honorable rival trope just cranked to 11 and more ridiculous than average
Also he just didn't want anybody else to have Blue Eyes because that's his waifu

Summoning God is not a very honorable rival thing to do. Nor threatening suicide if you lose

After that episode where he threatened to kill himself if Yugi beat him at Duelist Kingdom he lost his honor to me.

>pegasus became a good guy who gave up after he lost to yugi
I thought he died or was that just manga only

maybe he did desu i cant remember its been so long lol. the few fights i remember most from the bits i watched is the sea battle with mako, the zombie battle, and the perfume girl battle with joey for some reason

The only joke I still laugh at from the abridged series is whenever they refer to the ancient dueling game with occult powers that actually hurts people and kills others as a "children's card game."

Attached: 1582801481568.jpg (1200x680, 89.94K)

wasnt he desperate to save his brother or some shit at the time though? he couldnt afford to lose to yugi

He died in the manga but just lost his eye in the anime. Early Yugioh in manga form was really violent and mean-spirited so they cleaned it all up as the anime was debuting.

Not really. As long as they're not writing the duels out to be like 1 turn win tryhard tourney fag duels it could work.

only the first season was retarded with the rules. later seasons still had some liberties, but they followed the card game way more

Bandit Keith also killed himself
The anime literally saved that piece of shit of a manga

manga yugi constantly dooms misguided teens who are bullies into the shadow realm for eternity

Attached: 123443217.jpg (397x369, 27.92K)

The manga is also incredibly rushed. Say what you want about filler, but immediately going from Battle City to that god awful arc about Egyptian D&D seems really jarring to me.

AMATERASU !

Attached: 1512543195161.jpg (425x340, 13.65K)

This is how everything after Duel Monsters goes

in America.

>Childhood is idolizing Yu-Gi-Oh because of the animu
>adulthood is realizing Magic The Gathering EDH is a lot closer to what animu yu-gi-oh was like

They still only use 4000 life points though.

Can one of you plz make a Naruto thread ?

>He's not a monster

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 123.95K)

I binged every episode of yugioh duel monsters. It's s terrible anime with incoherent rules. Every duel is the same.

>duel starts
>Yugi is losing
>"I got to be believe in the heart of the cards"
>Yugi's friends cheer him
>Gets the perfect card to counteract whatever his opponent played.

I do love the Egyptian god cards though. It's extremely hype when they get summoned. And Kaiba is easily the best character.

You have shit taste.

I like the original manga that wasn't even about the stupid card game

Wasn't Takahashis main influences violent 80s stuff like Hellraiser?

what a digital dummy!

Don't forget that he has the same ATK as Magician of Black Chaos which is easier to summon despite being a ritual monster.

You people are plebs. The anime is interior to the manga in terms of art, direction and pacing.

Attached: exodia btfo.jpg (1920x1080, 109.19K)

Better than the pilot he burned alive for an dramatic entry.

Was it Duelist Kingdom when Yugi shoots some shit in the sky, letting it come crashing down on the monsters on the opponent's side of the field, winning the duel this way?
>pls no bully havent seen this show in years

No.

Yes. It was a monster card with weird stats that was hiding his opponent's monsters in the shadows.

The ass pull to beat all ass pulls

>be flyboy
>train with the air force for years
>fight through the ranks for promotion
>become certified
>fight a few conflicts
>need a new job
>see an ad for Kaiba Corp
>"Oh sweet, do I get to fly Mr. Seto around?"

>Duel Links
Yikes bro

Yugi shoots the Castle of Dark Illusions' flotation ring, which causes it to crash to the ground, annihilating all of Panik's monsters.

Attached: 1156220.jpg (308x450, 28K)

yes
his opponent was a full defense coward who played everything behind a barrier and had a floating castle over them that boosted their defense even more. Yugi pulled out a catapult monster that launched another one of his monsters into the castle's flotation ring, destroying it and causing it to fall on the monsters below, who couldn't avoid it as they were trapped by the barrier.
It makes NO remote sense in the context of the card game rules.

>It makes NO remote sense in the context of the card game rules.
But it sure was cool.

>Joey's dad drove their family into poverty because of his gambling addiction
>most of Joey's cards are gambling cards
What did they mean by this?

It's kino, you wouldn't understand.

>Dubfags
Disgusting
Enjoy your censored trash with garbage music.

Thanks, I will. Enjoy your virginity.

This thread actually makes me want to (re)watch this, since I was more of a Pokemonfag and just casually watched Yu-Gi-Oh episodes here and there before school. I'll definitely go sub though, since
>4kids
I don't hate dubs on principle, even though they generally are inferior, but no point in intentionally going back to a totally fucking butchered dub like this one was.

Pretty much sums up the entire differences.
youtube.com/watch?v=JHrynLSZ2qc

Compare the fucking soundtrack for starters, then the dub adding shitty quips and jokes for whats a fairly serious scene, only thing its missing is all the censorship of violence and death.
Censorship not just in the plot mind you but in the animation too, they edited out like every scene of Celtic Guardian beheading other monsters.

the Beyblade anime and the one about the marbles in the action figure shooting down the track were kino though

The absolute most kino moment in the whole fucking show. This is an indisputable fact.
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis

Whats the best card you've ever owned? This piece of shit for me

Attached: XYZ Dragon Cannon.png (421x614, 389.69K)

This boy

Attached: 51EGMqpY0UL._AC_SY400_.jpg (278x400, 30.09K)

Keeeeeek

Yes yes well done Joey well done Joey, however...

Attached: Yugioh188.jpg (994x744, 173.6K)

My younger brother loved the card game. He was a bit older at the time and knew how to play it. He said whenever there'd be a tournament locally, there'd always be a bunch of little kids who thought it just like the show and they could just put down cards and say they did whatever they wanted.
I wound up watching reruns of the show a few years later and honestly, that looks like a way more fun way to play the game than how it's actually played.

>my younger brother
>he was a bit older at the time

Attached: Tristan.gif (360x450, 32.01K)

He appears in GX as an entirely good character, he still runs his company and makes all the new cards.

This is why I prefer GX where the protagonist is so insanely hilariously overpowered he doesn't need to think for 5 minutes about his friends to draw the right card, he just pulls out a new monster that he's never played before to win every duel. His deck must be like 150 cards by the end.

Older than the normal age you'd play the game, which is my mind is something like 10 or so.

That's what made Duelist Kingdom so kino, there was no fucking rules. Yugi cucked Weevil and Panik so hard in the most round-about ways, Mai was coating her cards in like 30 different perfumes yet could still tell them apart like she's part bloodhound, and Kaiba was an action hero. It was so fucking cash.

>be Donald Trump level rich
>can make or buy every single card in existence
>pioneer virtual technology that brings the game to life
>have ties to the ancient Egyptian past on top of that
>get BTFO by some crybaby manlet with schizophrenia repeatedly until you threaten to kill yourself
name a bigger cuck in all of anime

his brother was kidnapped retard if he didnt win the duel his brother wouldve been trapped forever
and he couldnt just deploy a SWAT team like in a normal kidnapping, this was a paranormal kidnapping (pegasus took his soul)

>believing in the cards 100% of the time yields the card you need

Attached: 1536531793801.png (230x230, 67.29K)

get topdecked shitter

Trump isn't even that rich.

Yeah the cards going on sale was a coincidence

Don't forget Pokemon and transformers

The game was created after the fact and without much thought to capitalize on the popularity of the manga/anime.

GX? Dude's deck wasn't overpowered at all and if anything he needed to draw the right cards more than anyone. It was fun to watch though, he had the funnest deck because of so many fusions and combinations. At least until Neos shit.

>this was a paranormal kidnapping (pegasus took his soul)
Except Kaiba doesn't believe in that shit.

He started off with no magic or trap card at all. Time Wizard was given to him by Yugi and all those other gamble cards where added way later, so you can't really make this some Freud interpretation.

There was this kid at my local comic book store who played elemental heroes and had all the fusions and shit back in the GX days right before 5D. He'd cycle through like 3 or 4 fusions on the first turn(something right out of the anime) to bring out the big stick fusion then you'd just go Torrential Tribute or Dark Hole and he'd be left with no hand or monsters kek, still remember his pissed off face.
His was probably the only elemental heroes deck I ever saw win some matches at a local tournament.

Are you talking about Pegasus or Kaiba?