Their language is just a simpler and more comfier version of german

Attached: 1920px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png (1920x1396, 4.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/fL6T67uMc2W
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj-sound
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Don't care
Didn''t ask
Plus my waifu doesn't speak either

Attached: 515a51b57be229972666fd50e1f97fdd.jpg (480x492, 33.31K)

It's literally just Danish pronounced like West Swedish.

I dunno what German has to do with it, we don't understand you guys.

Most of the syntax and many of the words are literally the same.

It's almost like.... the languages are related somehow....

As if this was somehow unique for Norwegian?

And our grammar is probably closer to English desu.

Modern English is just a creole language of old english and norse, with a bunch of french loanwords.

>Modern English is just a creole language of old english and norse, with a bunch of french loanwords.
Yup that sums it up pretty neatly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

English syntax isn't nearly as close to german as norwegian ist.

What does Norwegian sound to someone like you who isnt a native speaker?

That's the only problem I currently face while learning Norwegian. Sometimes I really can't hear the ending of a word (which is kinda crucial).

I can't really hear the difference between the definitiv plural and just the definitive.

>Most of the syntax
I've studied german and you're high

German syntax doesn't come close to the similarities out languages have with english synmtax.

Brudi wieso

Because I had to learn it in school and no, I don't remember shit from it.

Because fuck kasus, that's why.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh excuse me did you forget somebody?

Plattdeutsch or frisian?

I think it sounds like this:
voca.ro/fL6T67uMc2W

Very cheery, like western Swedish. But also kinda like you're, like our mountain dialects.

platduits is easier for germans, frisian is easier for anglos

Very good intonation, but needs practice with skj - kj sounds. 8.5 / 10 points.

I guess old english was more related to frisian than low german? What would you imagine is easier for a norwegian? I think its sad that frisian is a dying language desu.

The trøndersk dialect is more masculine though

frisian is similar to danish so probably frisian

>Very good intonation
Yeah I love that aspect to Norwegian, love listening to people like Ylvis, it sounds like they're singing. ^-^
>but needs practice with skj - kj sounds
Meh, was it the kjempegrejt thing? How is it supposed to sound?

Anyway, I can bet that you would never pull off a Swedish "sj" sound :D

>The trøndersk dialect is more masculine though
I really dunno much about Norwegian dialects. I've almost only been to the Oslofjord area and I feel like most Norwegians on TV sound like this too.

>was it the kjempegrejt thing?
Yeah.

>How is it supposed to sound?
Kj is more like a hybrid between tj and sch. Not as hard as tjenare, but more similar to that.

>Anyway, I can bet that you would never pull off a Swedish "sj" sound :D
My swedish ex from back in the day told me that what norwegians struggle the most with is actually the ln sound, like in måln. Because we don't have anything similar. At least here on the east/southeast/Oslo area, the L is very thick.

>Because we don't have anything similar.
Weird, you don't have that anywhere?
>At least here on the east/southeast/Oslo area, the L is very thick.
It used to be like that in most Swedish dialects. But since German immigrants in our cities influenced the language, they became viewed as "non standard". So today, thick L's are considered "ugly". Really dumb.

Where was your gf from? If she was a northerner then she would've pronounced sj more lik you do. Otherwise I'm surprised she didn't bring it up. It's a sound that only exists in Swedish, literally no other existing language has it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sj-sound

Anyway, what do you think about Skavland? Do you cringe when he speaks "svorsk" or is it half-decent?

I speak German, English and Norwegian. English and Norwegian is similiar grammar wise, German and Norwegian is very similiar in vocabulary. Dutch or Norwegian is probably the two easiest languages for a German to learn. Danish would be hard because of the horrbile mismatch between the written and the oral language. Swedish is harder than Norwegian when it comes to grammar.

Skavlan should hang himself.

The pronounciation sounds very clear and I like the way it is intonated. It's probably the easiest scnadinavian language to learn and understand (Swedish is less regular and Danish is just incomprehensible).