Looking back why did people call the early 2010s a new golden age of animation...

Looking back why did people call the early 2010s a new golden age of animation? Everything is worse then I remember looking back at the dawn of Cal Arts bean smiles

Attached: 60776B33-8530-412B-83A5-2E0EC5A005EF.jpg (967x1200, 212.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRLPdgcGPRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Early Adventure Time, Regular Show, season 1 Gravity Falls, Symbionic Titan, etc. were leagues better than most of the shit that came out during the late 2000s

because at the time we were coming off a brief era of absolutely no new cartoons. Lest you forget even Cartoon Network had started airing live-action content.

That doesn’t make it good though. Being better shouldn’t be celebrated when the bar is that low

I remember Chowder and Flapjack being good.

Based and true. Those shows don't even have the strict CALARTS style though.

I have no fucking clue. I always hated how this shit looked.

They were. But they were some of the few good cartoons airing at the time

>Muh CalArts
The majority of the early 2010s looked different from each other, take CN for example
>Adventure Time
>Regular Show
>Generator Rex
>Symbionic Titan
>Robotomy
>Gumball
>Problem Solverz
>SMFA
All of these had their own identity and artstyle.

It combines a lot of different art styles!

you know if less producers and studios imitated the same bean mouth style they saw their peers do, there would have been a hell of a lot less people whining about "calarts style". personally, flat goanimate family guy style is the real cartoon deep end

Attached: bordertown-580x326.jpg (580x326, 49.41K)

Everything made by the Party is made by machines, remember.

Live action content and cheap Canadian flash cartoons.

I suppose it's deliberate that her torso and legs don't line up right.

>A combination of fake anime leftovers from the 2000s AND cal arts bean smiles
Oh how spoiled we were

>Primary colors
>Points to a girl wearing pink and purple

>Looking back why did people call the early 2010s a new golden age of animation?
Because they were trying to sell you some shitty products.

FPBP. Those early 20120 shows were really fascinating and great before they became super stagnant only a couple of years later. All the best 2010s shows were really like 2010-2013 LOL.

Flapjack is responsible for the 2010 boom.
>Several former storyboard artists and production crew members who worked on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack have gone on to create their own series, including Pendleton Ward (a former writer and storyboard artist who went on to create Adventure Time),[5] J. G. Quintel (a former creative director and storyboard artist who went on to create Regular Show),[6] Alex Hirsch (a former writer and storyboard artist who went on to create Gravity Falls),[7] and Patrick McHale (a former writer and storyboard artist who went on to create Over the Garden Wall).[8]

Why did they all stagnate after good beginnings?

> Forgetting OtGW
It is amazing how everything started going downhill after it aired though.

Attached: MFW I Gotta Kill Another Kid.jpg (1280x720, 35.99K)

>line art depth
what the fuck does that even mean and why does it matter?
>the character is 2D
all cartoons are.
>don't worry about hands
no one in the animation industry ever did. that's why cartoon characters have 4 fingers and the focus is on the upper torso. same deal with feet.
>parallel lines
how unreasonable to nitpick this, not even when the character is standing straight.
>friendly poses
context is everything. a proper pose for each scenario.
>primary colors
I have an animated example here, the color palette goes from shades of brown to more vivid colors because it reflects what's happening in the animation. Cheetara goes form an office cubicle to CEO and everything gradually becomes more colorful and it ends on a rainbow. it almost like there's a theme, you know?
>generic smile
>no sharp angles
this is what it's all about, isn't it?
first of all, there is no wrong way to draw a smile, be it a half-circle or a bean mouth, if you can tell what it is then you didn't do it wrong. second, I can't off the top of my head remember a single cartoon style prior to the 2000's that ever had excessive sharp angles. looney tunes, hanna barbera, disney, don bluth, nothing. why? because nothing in nature has a straight line or a sharp corner, it's high time someone told japan that human beings don't have pointy chins.

these are all basic minutia of animation. there's no such thing as calarts style, just retards who insist it's real

Attached: 1579624724670.webm (1020x574, 2.22M)

Their fluid intelligence peaked, and they haven't been working diligently enough to build up their crystallized intelligence.

now people are saying the streaming wars will be the new golden age
but im jaded

I know this is bait but if you don't know what line weight is then you're too ignorant and retarded to be able to discuss art styles as a whole.

You should be. Unlike previously shows will no longer be judged by ratings but instead by internet discussion. This will result in lots of AstroTurfing and shows being removed never to be seen again

does it matter in animation where the only way to notice it would be watching it frame by frame?

someone hasn't seen Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=rRLPdgcGPRg

otgw felt more like a proof of concept that american tv productions can emulate the animation and aesthetics of a ghibli cartoon

>no wide theatrical release
>worldwide gross $214,180
guess nobody did

fucking this. complain about calarts all you want but stuff like this is truly awful

>guess nobody did
Too far. That movie is a treasure.