What do you miss most about the '00s convention scene, Yas Forums?

What do you miss most about the '00s convention scene, Yas Forums?

Attached: Final Fantasy XXL.jpg (700x532, 81.11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ougWHLT_95A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No whores.

That I never attended them

>fat people
gross

I get that they were always commercial ventures but the huge influx of big commercial sponsors around 2013-14 killed everything. Everything's a lot more contrived and cynical now.

I've attended big conventions twice and I have no idea how people enjoy them. You pay money and wait in a queue to get into an over priced shop.

Smaller conventions are considerably better as they put on actual events and you aren't swimming in a sea of people

This

Everything didn't have to be cloaked in 12 layers of meta-irony and people could just happily be dweebs.

I hated kids like this high school, they're the reason I stopped watching anime.

Damn orange shirt bitch has some huge tits.

Physical fatness week.

Felt more genuine, less transactional. Sure, we’d consider a lot of it to be cringeworthy now, but the enthusiasm was real and permeated everything from the vendors to the attendees.

Yeah, pretty much this.

unsealed grey bodypaint

There was purity to the events, you could talk to almost anyone about comics or pop culture in general. The artists weren't pretentious and would value criticism.

I didn't get into cons until 2011 and my first experience was with an ex-friend who just brought me there to help him find a girlfriend. It left a sour taste in my mouth but I met some great people who genuinely love anime/vidya/comics/cartoons and aren't doing it just to become a meme.

There's a ton of small cons in my area. It's usually the same ~50 people every time. No drama just convention fuckery. It's great.

I was 10. So I was happy on my bike and my dog who wasn't dead yet.

youtube.com/watch?v=ougWHLT_95A

Came to post this. And I'm not even just talking about women, also manwhores.

not much. those cons were sweaty teens and the people who prey on them.

smaller cons are still good, but there's less gross fucking behavior. Yas Forums can kick and scream about sjws and cancel culture, but cons in the 2000s were full of truly disgusting shit.

The fact that no one was cosplaying for clout. It was just a bunch of dorks doing things they liked. When people took pics it was for themselves usually idk the whole professional cosplay comm made it all feel a little less fun and made fandom space kinda serious. I like good cosplay but I hate the constant drama of known cosplayers in communities. I also liked how cringey horror stories were spread from person to person like modern myth. It all felt like the lame wild Wild West and I miss it

Hey I was at this con

You think there’s less disgusting shit /predators but having been to many recent cons I can tell u it’s unfortunately the exact same except now they stealth in groups of non creeps . Pedos and creeps still frequent these things but now it’s harder to prove cuz usually they befriend well to do people in the community that defend them

Patreon and LOL SO IRONIC Twitch streamers not ruining everything

People like this didn't bother me. Being a britbonger, growing up I felt that most Americans were fat and that corn syrup and sugary bread diet made it hard not to be. What prevented me from getting into the medium, for ages, was the saturation of weebs, high school shows and make your own manga books.

Insecure pseudo-autistic girls with fat titties flopping around before they realized they could be paid to pretend to like things instead

i hate this about the post-internet world in general if I'm being honest.

Why

>What do you miss most about the '00s convention scene, Yas Forums?
It was mostly small and everyone almost knows each other
what i dont miss is the smell, It was actually worse back then

Because she's fucking fat as fuck.

>tfw you let your pseudo-autistic fat tittied gf slip away
Fucking bitch bought a real guitar just to cosplay Azuma Genkaku from deadman wonderland and we never wound up going to a con, and she never really bothered to learn how to play that guitar.
Never wore underwear either.
I miss her bruhs

>datfilename