ATLA ending was great

>Muh asspull
>Muh deus ex machina
Nope

Attached: Energy bending foreshadowed.png (1280x1853, 2.31M)

Avatar always left a bad taste in my mouth with it’s fundamentally Middle Eastern philosophy with a shallow paint job of Buddhism

Attached: 2E3DBE54-11C8-44DD-B423-78693B9AB405.jpg (723x989, 156.4K)

Honestly asspull or not, it really doesn't matter if the actual overall narrative is good and satisfying

>westerners fetishize exotic religions and use them to spice up their creative works
In other news, water is wet.

>dude you saw the lion turtle in the library episode
>dude just because spirit bending was never mentioned in the actual series and there was no lead up to it and was it pulled out of nowhere in the final moments of the final fight doesn't mean that it was an asspull

Attached: 1308353660218.jpg (250x250, 10.36K)

"They appeared twice on background drawings, you should have inferred from those drawings that they're all-powerful creatures capable of taking bending away!"

>SHAKE PATTY FRIES GAS LONG AGO THE FOUR NATIONS LIVED TOGETHER IN HARMONY
Get a better culture and philosophy then white bois

Not just westerners. The directors of neon genesis evangelion used Christianity because it was foreign

Attached: 81JK08Pw4XL._SY445_.jpg (310x445, 33.61K)

NGE and ATLA are both really good, so maybe there’s something to it

I guarantee that if Aang had straight up killed Ozai Yas Forums would've hated it more, the asspull was necessary

Why is everyone over thinking how aang should have ended Ozai. Just have Aang trap Ozai's spirit in the spirit world.

Boom easy and not an ads pull

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (254x180, 7.16K)

too bad all of the Christian imagery meant literally nothing, at least ATLA tried

>Just have Aang trap Ozai's spirit in the spirit world.
That would've been more an asspull since they never established that Aang could do that, whilst Ty Lee was taking bending away long before the LionTurtle

I still remember Evafags claiming all that imagery was deep and symbolic

It was established Aang can enter the spirit world, It was established that spirits can come to material world, it was established that spirits can take people from one world into another. All aang would have to do.l is convince a spirit to take Ozai.

Connecting the elements of the story (which are about transcendence and world-ending events) to religious lore is basic but not downright meaningless.

You know, in actual Buddhist philosophy, Aang would have killed the Fire Lord quickly and mercifully. Plenty of Buddhists were warriors, it doesn't disallow bloodshed.

>all of the Christian imagery meant literally nothing
I mean, if you wanna get down to it, the robots and the aliens didn’t mean anything either, really. And it’s mostly Kabbalistic imagery, I don’t think it serves any specific purpose, it’s more about evoking a sense of awe and mystery.

How is sending his spirit to the afterlife not the same as killing him?

No difference. But it would be a way for Alta to getaway with killing a guy on scene.

I don’t have a problem myself with how the Aang vs Ozai fight was settled but I get why people do.
I personally love Sozin’s Comet because it does exactly what I think any good finale should do, and that’s celebrate all the stuff that made the show good and turn it up to 11.
The finale has the best action in the whole show, it’s got character drama, it’s got humor, it’s got romance and worldbuilding and they got a proper orchestra for the score, so it has the best music. It just makes me happy for a solid hour and a half.

Good thing none of that applies to Aang as he wasn't a Buddhist. Ozai attempted to justify the nomad genocide by saying the air nation was too weak to exist. Aang would've proved him right had he abandoned air nomad ideals and killed him.

Didn't the creators want one more season but Nick told them to wrap things up?

I loved his struggle on the turtles back with the other avatars. This was really nice.

So what?

Nah, it was always supposed to three seasons. Aaron Ehasz speculated on idea he might have had for season 4 but it was never realistically on the table.
The show’s about Aang mastering the four elements and ending the Hundred Year War. Having another season after that is just dragging the show out.

I wish avatar kuruk was more interesting, he had a cool hat

Didn’t Aang’s teacher go on a fire nation killing spree?

>LALALALALALLA I DON'T LISTEN TO REALITY OBEY OBEY BOEY AND CONSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME
Is this slave day or something? This board doesn't even discuss anything, we just have to suffer from those fanatics making recruiting threads all day long.

They probably should have laid in on a bit thicker in the Library episode. Maybe not directly say Spirit Bending but have Spirit or something tempt ang with the knowledge of additional bending/powers

>Aaron Ehasz speculated on idea he might have had for season 4 but it was never realistically on the table.
Plus, Bryan made an Instargram (I think) post debunking the whole thing

Energy bending was a can of worms that ultimately hurt the entire series more than it helped. Same goes with blood bending.

>Same goes with blood bending.
I was with you until this