ULTIMATUM COMING TO THE MCU

>>Even with the Coronavirus Pandemic keeping people on lockdown, the future of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is still being charted; and now one piece of it has been revealed. Much like we learned about Eternals long before it was announced, and the solo Hawkeye series, things are starting to come to light about what might be the next big MCU event.

>>Story and plot details are scarce right now, but Marvel Studios has begun early development on Ultimatum. While the villain group ULTIMATUM has been rumored to play a role in the upcoming The Falcon and The Winter Soldier series on Disney+, this Ultimatum sounds much bigger than them.

>>Specifically, it appears to be a modified version of the Marvel Ultimate storyline of Ultimatum, although with tweaks needed to adapt it to the existing Marvel Cinematic Universe.

>>For those unfamiliar with the Ultimate comics storyline of Ultimatum, it was an epic event that involved the Fantastic Four and X-Men, including Doctor Doom manipulating events from the background to kick the whole thing off. Namor even played a part. The story dealt with the deaths of Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, Magneto going full evil maniac over the deaths of his children, and the Fantastic Four, X-Men, and other Marvel heroes uniting to defeat him.

Attached: Ultimatum.png (615x401, 426.73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mcucosmic.com/2020/04/27/marvel-studios-is-developing-ultimatum/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>>Obviously, as said above, the story would need tweaks to be adapted to the MCU, but most of the comic storylines they’ve adapted have been tweaked without many problems. Hulk took the Silver Surfer herald role to announced “Thanos is coming” in Avengers: Infinity War, for example.

>>But the big thing is an event like this could be a perfect way for Marvel Studios to not repeat the past with their newly acquired Fox characters, perhaps even a way to really kick off the First Family and the Mutants. It’s something that Fox never did with their characters, and it would be a great way to kick off that new era of the MCU.

mcucosmic.com/2020/04/27/marvel-studios-is-developing-ultimatum/

so are we going to see stranges brain explode and see wasp get eaten?

Unless it's nothing like the comic I can't see how that could possibly be true.

Attached: confused cheese.jpg (720x720, 192.97K)

I hope it's a 3 part saga of movies.

Captain Marvel 2
Ultimatum
and Ultimatum 2

Fucking kill me. That is the worst comic book story ever written, it destroyed Ultimate Marvel.

Attached: peace out.gif (478x474, 807.49K)

The similarities will begin and end with "Magneto and Doctor Doom team up to fuck up the Earth", which is a pretty neat hook.

I mean considering how they handled Civil War and loosely adapting/combining other arcs I doubt it'll be similar at all.

Below is everything that will be used from the story in the movie

>The basic concept (Magneto uses Thor's hammer to fuck with Earth and cause catastrophes).
>The tsunami hitting New York.
>Spider-Man's subplot, complete with Jameson's change of heart.

That's it.

>>The people responding to the tweet saying they have to go read it

Attached: 1587957984683.jpg (393x391, 48.37K)

As long as they cut out the absolute buttfucking of the X-Men and all the weird cannibalism it might be alright.

>>When parents find their kids reading the comics based off the movie.

Attached: When it happens.gif (308x306, 766.75K)

they did that with Civil War, so I don't see why they couldn't do it here

lmao

Hulk took the Silver Surfer herald role to announced “Thanos is coming” in Avengers: Infinity War, for example
Huh?

Hulk was the one who crashed into the sanctum to warn dr strange in infinity war. In the original book that was silver surfer

In the comics, it's Silver Surfer who crash-lands into Doctor Strange's house yelling "Thanos is coming!"

In the movies it's Banner.

If the rumors are true that Feige hates Loeb, I think he'd avoid making it like the book.

but why though?

Attached: 158028267359.gif (300x300, 755.27K)

>>Infinity War got a massive response cause we killed a lot of characters
>>LET'S DO THAT AGAIN!

I know right? It's a really weird choice. If they wanted to do anything Ulitimate, it should've been Cataclysm.

Attached: DIG015390_2._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg (640x972, 109.51K)

I would actually be excited if the first instance of Magneto in the MCU was pic related

Attached: RCO023.jpg (1600x1230, 620.18K)

who cares, i just want Flag-Smasher's ULTIMATUM

Just like the good old days after the original Civil War event :^)

Interesting. I never read any plots with Thanos. I thought the writer was misremebering Galactus.

Nice

Attached: 1587939002925.png (495x90, 91K)

Please no Blob eating Wasp.

Civil War was an alright movie and only used the vague premise of the comic

.......I'm sorry what? You're serious right now? WHY?! Great, DC should come out with a Cry Fro Justice film too while we're at it.

Someone want to refresh my memory about every stupid decision made with Ultimatum? Because I blocked out most of it, and only remember Blob eating Wasp, Pym blowing up, and Magneto being a complete dick

Attached: What the fuck.jpg (1200x2000, 200.98K)

Civil War and it's sequels made everyone in 616 unlikeable, but the movie was okay. Still, it's an odd choice since even the premise of Ultimatum on paper isn't as interesting as Civil War.

Most of the characters that died, died completely off screen. Some characters were clearly alive but then were listed as KIA. Thor's Ultimate Hammer does not look like Mjolnir, and that whole revelation about Mutants being an experiment means nothing because Mags dies immediately after hearing it. There's no payoff.

I doubt they'll hate it as much. Most of them probably don't know about the Ultimate Universe and how this ruined it.

Most normies see every graphic novel or collection as an elseworlds piece.