Why does all the Internet's attention go to that 90s X-Men cartoon? Even as a kid I preferred X-Men Evolution

Why does all the Internet's attention go to that 90s X-Men cartoon? Even as a kid I preferred X-Men Evolution

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1400x700, 179.04K)

Yup

Attached: XmenZeo copy.jpg (2502x1377, 1018.85K)

X-men the animated series had more soul and was better for the stories.

all evolution had going for it was waifu bait and turning rogue into an emo

Attached: wolverine.jpg (469x408, 40.56K)

Obligatory

Attached: ant4m9y1yrjy.png (907x781, 1.16M)

Because the current nostalgia wave is favoring 90's kids and their nostalgia. So, 90's X-Men, B:TAS, Gargoyles, Darkwing Duck, etc.

Give a few years and you'll see more nostalgia wank for Evolution.

>and was better for the stories.

It was a convoluted mess.

As a kid I vastly preferred Evo, even was involved with the fanfic scene (sadly) in middle school, but when I rewatched both shows as an adult I just found something lacking.

TAS was much more solid and timeless, while Evo just kinda felt like a teen drama with very little plot progression for most of it, and some cringy humor. It was VERY 00s in a bad way, I guess, and the passage of time (and growing up) made me realize it.

X-men the animated series was trash, the animation was terrible, the dialogue was ridiculous, the voice acting was shitty and the story was a mess.

X-men evolution is one of the best superhero cartoons ever and superior to this meme show in every way.

Kitty was pure waifu material

Attached: Kitty color.png (4154x1785, 1.7M)

I imagine because for most people its 2and or 3rd string X-men.
90s kids grew up with TAS.
2000s kids had the movies.
Nostalgia is more about what had the biggest impact first, this was the first impression for very few people.
And nobody remembers WatX despite it being pretty good despite Wankerine.

X-Men TAS was heavily focused around the comics and retelling those stories, the cast of characters was way bigger and you got to see a hell of a lot more of the X-Men franchise than you did in Evolution. The writing was a roller coaster, sometimes it was shit, and sometimes it was great, whereas Evolution was pretty consistently good with some slight shittiness here and there. Some people don't like the main X group to be kids, and prefer it when they're the adults and teachers to the newer ones, which is where X-Men TAS comes in. It's apples and oranges.

Because you were a kid when it aired and with few exceptions everyone prefers whatever version of a show aired when they were a kid.
Besides that reason, other reasons I prefer the '90s one
>closest to the comics
>adapted all the classic Claremont stuff
>memorable voice acting
>realistic art style and anatomy

Because not every mom feeded their kids with s oy milk

Based

I was so pissed off when I rewatched WatX last year because it had the potential to be GOAT - serious issue material, long-running plots, solid gambits that don't go Weissman-overboard, really digging deep into the mythos, reasonably comcis-accurate but still some changes to keep it fresh, a unique overarching story...

But then like a quarter of the episodes were just Wolverine-wank and so few of the characters ended up mattering... Maybe with 1-2 more seasons they could have really done something great but as it stands it's a lot of good with a lot of palm-to-the-forehead.

And vastly better animation. Hell even 90s Spider-Man had better & smoother animation then 90s X-Men.

>Even as a kid I preferred X-Men Evolution

....Why?

>>realistic art style and anatomy
It's a fucking cartoon

Don't tell me you prefer Evolution's attempt at "character design". I've seen more attractive characters in a Klasky Csupo cartoon.

why is darkseid going to rape rouge

>90s X-Men artstyle gave the impression that it was a Hanna Barbera-esque show with limited animation
>The Apocalypse Arc
>Rogue was pretty cool

I'm pretty sure that's Apocalypse and not Darkseid

Rouge's design made me erect

Attached: Rouge color.png (4481x1868, 2M)

I am so sick of hearing about Rogue and Kitty in this show.

Those fugly noses ruin all the appeal.

ok then why is apocalypse about to rape rouge

He's a villain, those types usually go for the most sadistic option

Who the fuck commissioned this bizarre crossover? And why ZEO of all shows, it was neither contemporary with Evolution nor the most well known.

me

Because 30 year-old boomers, you should know better.

...Why?

Because it's hot

No, I get that, and honestly I agree, this is working for me, just - why Zeo of all the PR shows?

Evolution sucked for like the first 2 seasons. It was basically a shitty teen drama.

Because that and Time Force had hottest girls

Attached: Jubilee color.png (4492x1800, 1.75M)