Smoking is bad and tobacco corporations are bad...

smoking is bad and tobacco corporations are bad. Just because a fat rich liberal was hypocritical about it doesn't mean that tobacco corporations are good.

Attached: south-park-s07e13c05-backward-hick-state-16x9.jpg (960x540, 69.93K)

But WHY didn’t he go to his vacation house in Mexico?

why should we blame them for others poor decisions

We've had this thread before.

And now we'll have it again cuck

We know. Matt and Trey are idiots.

Matt&Trey just love cigarettes. They think it is cool and mature. Kinda like the Goth kids. It is why they got so triggered over vaping last season.

Are you just shitposting or do you really think that was the point of the episode?

>provides a product that people want
>has been upfront about the risks for decades and if you don't know already by now you're dumb
Where's the issue?

alcoholism is terrible but alcohol is not bad.
if you remove every cigarette company people will just roll their own tobacco without filters, hurting their lungs more just like the drinkers who gave themselves severe methanol poisoning all throughout the prohibition due to nonexistent quality checks.
It's funny to me that sometimes the same people will put theirselves on the line crying out that weed should be legal to smoke, only to also suggest tobacco should be made inaccessible because they dont personally like it.

I smoked for a couple months, and stopped without any 'quitting' stage because i don't like the image of being a smoker around people in my life. However, if spend a lot of time outdoors i smoke a cigar or something, maybe most of one pack of cigarettes.

I think there's a class-based image of 'the smoker' that causes people not to believe they should be given the chance think for themselves. I agree totally to all the surgeon general warnings, and all the anti-smoking propaganda, and all the lobbying and corp. restrictions tobacco companies should face, but when it comes to putting dead fucking babies and tumors on packs of cigarettes, or taxing them out to the point where people will turn to something worse, it seems like you just dont like the people who smoke, rather than trying to improve their lives

authoritarianism is bad

Some problems, particularly ones caused by the natural tendency of the free market to cut costs and/or increase profits, can only be solved by the authorities.

The tobacco has lied shamelessly, they are morally bankrupt.

My father died of lung cancer. It was horrible torture for him. Defending tobacco is wrong.

>and then these fucks complain about SU

Tobacco is the only pop roduct that cannot be used safely. Slow suicide

Your father made his choice every time he lit a cigarette, I’m sorry he died but he knew the risks and chose to do this anyway

Fuck off to your Steven thread then.

The point was showing the hypocrisy of it by switching how these two industries are portrayed.

>I’m sorry he died but he knew the risks
Maybe his Dad did, maybe he didn't. Back in the day, cigs were advertised as hip, cool and even good for you. Lots of disreputable doctors were paid sums to say that they weren't a health concern at all, simply delicious and satisfying.
Many lawyers were paid ridiculous sums to defend the virtues of smoking.
That's a bit different than the public using a product they KNOW is bad for them.

We don't care about your soi boy show

Sugar and corn lobbyists did the same thing, pushing all the blame to fats instead of sugar.
And lets not get into the artificial food additives market. The FDA rejected aspartame outright as a food additive, but the guy who owned it, Donald Rumsfeld (yes that DR) was good pals with Reagan and had him overturn their decision.

OK, commie.

>OP Can't enjoy the taste of a full flavored Marlboro Red 100 after a long shift at the lumber yard on his drive home back to his family
I'm sorry, user, truthfully

would you fight to eliminate soft drinks for knowing how many people die of obesity every year?
I'm not even arguing we shouldn't have fast food places stop selling 55oz drinks, or have manufacturers reduce sugar, that makes sense. Im talking about defending the existence of soft drinks as something you can even buy at all

If soft drink companies were putting additives into their drinks to make them addictive, I sure would.
Cigs were bad enough when they were just pushing nicotine, then they had to get all diabolical with chemistry.

Tobacco companies aren't some evil Captain Planet super villains. Everyone is fully aware of the dangers of smoking, and they are free to make that choice on their own. Christ vaping is arguably more dangerous these days because it's unregulated and used by children

The doctor comes into the room with the X-rays and shakes his head sadly. You're glad you smoked.

>Everyone is fully aware of the dangers of smoking
Now.
It took a long and fraught court battle to get to where we are now, with them fessing up.

Child, please.

the point is that people, when presented with all relevant information, should be able to choose what they want to do instead of being told.

They're evil because they consistently lied to the public for decades. We know the dangers of smoking despite the tobacco companies misleading the public

>Everyone is fully aware of the dangers of smoking, and they are free to make that choice on their own.

i hate using the word privilege but you have absolutely no idea how difficult it was for society to reign in tobacco companies

and to see you accept that we were always so reasonable, for you to believe that the standard we have now is the way it always has been as if many people didn't die preventable deaths during the intervening time

it hurts, man

Unfortunately we live in a world that coddles and tries to save idiots. Now we have reached a tipping point with idiot population, with the results you can see in the last Presidential election.

but soft drink companies literally did put additives into their drinks, it's been a meme everywhere that Coca-Cola used to use cocaine traces in their drinks, and I've bought sodas in Central America where the FDA and other establishments don't exist, and companies there will absolutely put in obscene amounts of sugar and caffiene.

But, they don't do that anymore because we have a regulatory system here, just like we have a regulatory system for tobacco. And yet people still CHOOSE to binge unhealthily on products that are fine to consume in moderation. Tobacco companies used to get away with a lot, just like Cola companies and oil companies and fucking banana companies. But we have a regulatory system, and if you need to fight something, fight against the lobbyists not the product itself