Star Wars Cartoons and Comics

It feels like we are witnessing not only a return to form, but some of the best Star Wars content of all time. Easily worth the not so great arcs leading up to it

What does everyone think? Any chance we will get a glimpse of Anakin during the events of 66?

What other upcoming content are you looking forward to?

Attached: 1587321159975.png (2715x1357, 3.07M)

Mara Jade IS canon

Attached: 3j6vnyd330d01.png (1053x1239, 2.39M)

Daily reminder the PT era was too complex and big to be contained within one trilogy that is way we have clone wars. It expands on the lore and give intrigue.

Meanwhile the ST is a nonsensical mess that feels dated and out of place.

Attached: 56582d725901b5fcb79fed28194c5d25025cb9a9r1-640-478v2_uhq.jpg (640x478, 62.32K)

You are right that the PT was full of intrigue compared to the ST, but that openness of the ST is why I think it lends itself to having a strong surrounding EU even moreso. What we know about the era from the new movies is a light foundation for the authors to form

This. There is a reason every book in this era is so much better than the movies that surround it

The ST era is boring, though. That's the problem. The PT was poorly executed but there was actually an interesting setting and good lore for authors to play with. The only ST-era book I've been able to finish was Bloodline. Resistance also struggled to find a way to make the era interesting.

It's boring right now because it's underutilized. I think after another few more years of lore and expanding things, it will feel like a much different era. Especially since what we HAVE seen in the era so far is incredibly restrictive since they didn't want a book to contridict any of the upcoming movies.

Fuck waifufags, fuck Disney's extended canon, fuck the ST and fuck EA.

Attached: GM Luke.jpg (600x849, 61.15K)

>fuck Disney's extended canon, fuck the ST
How are you guys not over it yet? I was in the same boat for maybe the first 3 years but after a while you realize it's all the same stuff. Especially comparing the EU to canon.

(OP)
I need to know when in the fuck Kix gets kidnapped.
So Kix was featured as a main character in the first episode of the Bad Batch. And obviously given the Padme Pregnancy thing the Bad Batch takes at most a few months to a few weeks before ROTS. Kix gets kidnapped when he attempts to figure out what really happened to Fives and Tup, but judging from the fact that he's just sorta "there" in the Bad Batch, he doesn't seem to be actively working towards anything just yet, and he certainly hasn't confided in Rex about anything. Yet obviously since he was caught that means that he must've been somewhere with his research to a point where he could be tracked, but since that shit takes time and that's the one thing no one has, he probably had to have gotten busy literally just after the Bad Batch arc concluded. It'd make sense if he got going because Echo came back, but as far as I can tell they never even interacted with Echo since he went off to join the Bad Batch like 5 minutes after he was rescued. Even after this, it's weird that Rex wouldn't have brought up Kix's disappearance, even though Kix obviously never told him shit about what he discovered since Rex is still chipped.
I swear the padme scene was neat and all but it existing really is a reminder that the Bad Batch wasn't meant to be a final season arc, which if it wasn't would explain why Kix wasn't up to anything.

>It's boring right now because it's underutilized.
It's boring right now because there's no hook. There's nothing there to really build on. It has a weak foundation, that's why everyone has struggled to find a way to make it interesting.

I disagree. Wannabe-empire terrorist organization vs government that is too disorganized to properly take care of them is a good hook with a lot of potential. Hell, we see that potentially tapped into in Bloodlines.

This. It's just boring as fuck. The First Order is neither interesting nor menacing.

Why would it have to come up? Is Rex supposed to immediately tell Ahsoka where all of his men are, who's died, etc?

What openness? The Sequel trilogy's conflict is only about a year long with an incredibly front-loaded first week. Even with movie contradiction concerns being gone, there's not a lot of room for additional material within its borders.

>Hell, we see that potentially tapped into in Bloodlines.
Yes, but the political intrigue aspect of it only lasts a short time before the First Order become open Empire LARPers.

>before the First Order become open Empire LARPers.
I like that too though. That's actually their best aspect. They are like the empire but with none of the strong leadership or organization. That's why we see them do shit like needlessly slaughter villagers, stuff that the empire would never do unless they had an actual reason. It's the difference between the factions that makes them so interesting.

Attached: Journey to Star Wars_ The Rise Of Skywalker - Allegiance - Journey to Star Wars_ The Rise Of Skywalker - Allegiance Issue #1 - 7~2.jpg (1857x1848, 1.13M)

When does the show starts to be actual good? Watching in Chronological Order S01E14 and while decent is not everything that you guys try to hype.

Guess Season 3? Since S2 is all about Bounty Hunters.

It gets progressively better as it goes, but personally I think 4 is where it really hits it's stride. Once maul comes back.

It's quite literally
Season 7 > 6 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2 > 1

Just be patient.

>I like that too though. That's actually their best aspect.
We're gonna have to agree to disagree there, bud. I just don't find the First Order interesting.

MEGA for season 7 of TCW?

>Stuff the Empire would never do unless they had an actual reason
Gonna be honest man, the Empire had no shortage of middle management level officers who committed war crimes just to get their rocks off.

Fair, I won't try to convince you of something that is completely subjective.

Maybe, but those were the unhinged exceptions rather than the standard. Meanwhile the first order just straightup kidnaps children as part of their operating procedure

How do I like TCW? I'm trying to watch it but season 1 is hard to get through. Can I skip season 1, or a majority of it's episodes?

Yes. I'd say anything with one star is skippable (though there are some good episodes you would be missing)

Definitely watch anything 2 or 3 stars.
Never follow the other guide that will definitely be posted. Only follow this one.

Attached: jvdf0y44t48x.png (788x2068, 1.09M)

Is there a guide like this but with each episode listed in order?

>capture of Nute Gunray is one star
Why am I not surprised, it was such a bore to watch.

Its just parroting off what we've already seen, but worse especially when a good portion of the EU was bloated and bad already. The EU did at the end of the day have better stories than what Disney told, but that was mostly in the PT and TOR era.

So far Siri Tachi and Mara Jade(face it she's gone) have been wiped out, who's next?

Mara Jade is the only character I'd put money on definitely coming back.
>Strong female character
>Has a following comparable to Thrawn
>Will please EU babies while also softening the feeling of Luke having not accomplished anything by 7

Not to mention pic related which is just so fucking obvious with those gloves

Attached: Star Wars (2020) - Star Wars (2020) Issue #2 - 24.jpg (1988x3056, 587.8K)

I'm gonna laugh so hard if it's not Mara Jade