Spider-Man 1994

Is it actually good?

Attached: 1EB51144-F771-4FB6-A5EA-AE8E9021CB54.png (300x225, 142.94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thewatchcartoononline.tv/anime/spider-man-animated-series-1994
youtube.com/watch?v=s_85l8sBlPk
youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Took some liberty with the story, and due to censoring, almost no violence.
But otherwise, it's peak Marvel animated adaptation.

It's better than any of the movies, and really only Spectacular rivals it as a decent modern Spidey toon.

The problems it has are in the production aspect.

One of the few adaptations where spider-man is spider-MAN.

Best superhero cartoon

Part of it is nostalgia. The animation can be bad in places. But its strengths are a solid Spider-Man and good depiction of his bad guys. And the huge story arcs going on whole seasons were really fun. Great guest stars too. Maybe it doesn't nail the everyday life like Spectacular Spider-Man. Between it and X-Men it is the best part of 90s cartoons.

Incredible Hulk started dark then did a 180. Fantastic Four was really cheesy bad in places. Iron Man had the worst plot and animation. Silver Surfer cartoon was alright but ended abruptly.

>Got kino arcs

Attached: 180AE5A8-FF3A-4AE4-BFA9-974BD8A1ACF9.png (1322x891, 1.59M)

It was a good superhero cartoon but an excellent horror cartoon.

It was fine for its era, but expect a lot of recycled animation. The inner monologue idea was a pretty cool take and very comic booky. It was also nice to have a Spider-Man cartoon where he's an ADULT for the whole story, unlike today, where he must forever be a fucking high school kid.

Attached: Felicia's ASS.png (2032x1170, 3.73M)

Yes, not great but damn good.

Like Bat TAS with Mr Freeze it chose 1 specific character to genuinely improve upon the comic version.

Alistair Smythe.

Comic version was just a generic evil scientist out for revenge for his generic evil scientist dad and having a petty tyrant workshop in his lab killing defenseless scientist he forced to work for him while they are chained to chairs.

TAS was much more sympathetic. His dad was a genuinely decent person who appeared to be killed while pressured into doing questionable stuff (capturing spider-man) in order to get funding to help Alistair with his disability by Osborn & secretly Kingpin behind Norman.
Alistair then works for Kingpin to get Revenge on Osborn, JJJ & Spider-Man who he feels caused the death of his dad.

The transformation into the Ultimate Slayer is eventually forced onto him (unlike the comics) when he tries to do the right thing and betray the Kingpin.
His father is revealed to be alive and so his quest for revenge is over but his dad is still in a coma and so he still is pushed to desperate criminal measures to save Spencer.

Attached: 1562050377965.png (1079x824, 741.07K)

thewatchcartoononline.tv/anime/spider-man-animated-series-1994

If only the pacing wasn’t so fast.

it was okay but i always had an issue with it i think the pacing was awful

At the time, yeah, but it has aged like milk.

Holy fuck that cgi

>College Peter has to deal with real world problems
>serialized story that's fast paced and doesn't blueball you with a mystery box like cartoons do now
>frequent status quo changes
>plays with lore in exciting ways
It's fantastic.

Why did they give Felicia Hardy/Black Cat powers?

Attached: 66279F40-31A6-409E-A344-961B71D26520.png (600x375, 180.83K)

How's its sequel series?

Attached: YKWAoHEgbGKzrSz-800x450-noPad.jpg (608x229, 46.11K)

If you accept some recycled animation and some really corny acting/dialogue it's pretty damn good. Both this and Batman: TAS really helped break the mold on how ambition a network kids cartoon could flex.

Basically they adapted Adam Warlock's original story of being on a parallel earth where animals evolved and dominated over humans.

Theme song is amazing though, far better than Batman Beyond's
youtube.com/watch?v=s_85l8sBlPk

spiderman more like spiderchad

Good lord, when Parker is angry, he’s fucking PISSED. Love the overacting in that voice.

YOU'LL PAY NORMAN!! YOU'LL PAY!!

I was so hyped for some parts as a kid, like when many characters were transported to another world by Madam Web's master. Too bad all of it was a letdown.

Has the most superior Spidey voice.

I remember only seeing the first episode from a Spiderman marathon VHS my dad made for me, and thinking it was the coolest shit ever. But they never played it, never marketed it. Real bullshit.

I mean he really put emotion into this scene

youtu.be/TWRjsqoSWTI

Beyond's was a copycat of Rob Zombie's More Human Than Human. Unlimited is my favorite Spidey theme.

I didn't like the idea of the entire series being based on Planet Furry

I think it could have been really cool if it was a show with Peter having new experiences every three episodes or some shit but that's just me. High Evolutionary and Wundagore always turn me off.

The show had a great style, great intro, great VA, the new suit was badass, etc but I had too much Counter-Earth. The pilot is still a pretty cool episode.

Fox Kids was pretty weird that period (NASCAR Racers, Beast Machines, Unlimited, Avengers UTS, Cramp Twins, Sherlock Holmes in the 22nd Century, Space Goofs). Escaflowne and Cybersix felt out of place. None of it had the hype anymore.

The writers or Kingpin?

It has plenty of quirks due to censoring and lower budgets, but overall it's pretty great and covered a lot of storylines from the comics.

Can't wait for the upcoming Marvel Legends figures from the show, even if we're just getting a couple so far