Nowadays a well-liked episode among Simpsons fans for the ending scene in particular...

>Nowadays a well-liked episode among Simpsons fans for the ending scene in particular, And Maggie Makes Three was not very enthusiastically received when it aired in early 1995. The first episode written by newly-hired Jennifer Crittenden, the show's first female writer (if Mimi Pond is discounted), it was panned for generally having sloppy construction and disregarding continuity with previous flashback episodes I Married Marge and Lisa's First Word, as well as being overall more wacky than its predecessors. Some reviews below:

>I'm not usually one to dump on OFF, but last night's episode was a real disappointment. While it must be hard for the writers to contain the overpowering urge to play up Maggie's mind-boggling cuteness, I think they went a bit overboard. I say it's the tackiest episode ever. Not a real laugh grabber either.

>First they did a great flashback episode about Homer and Marge meeting; then a very good one about Bart as an infant; then a fairly good one about Lisa as an infant; now a truly awful one about Maggie as an infant. I'm going to start a collection so the writers can BUY an original damn idea! GRADE: F.

>This whole season, there has been at least one continuity error per episode, but this one was the worst, with at least six that I can think of offhand. I laugh, but then I'm ashamed to have been sucked in when the jokes are so weak.

>Tonight's episode pales next to the four other flashback episodes OFF have done...except for Dr. Hibbert's hair, there wasn't enough in the episode to give you a flavor of the times that they are describing.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 55.01K)

>the show's first female writer (if Mimi Pond is discounted)
Why discounting that one?

>if Mimi Pond is discounted
why is she discounted???

So that we can call Jennifer Crittenden the first female writer on the Simpsons.

Wasn't retained on the writing staff because Sam Simon had...issues.

every time I read posts made by Simpsons fans back in the nineties I can't help but feel like the Comic Book Guy stereotype wasn't completely unjustified

>This whole season, there has been at least one continuity error per episode, but this one was the worst

I fucking hate deep lore fags.

Didn't Mike Scully say they never worried much about continuity and would readily discard it so a joke or the plot would work?

Details?

>This whole season, there has been at least one continuity error per episode

Attached: qzrvj5q96ciy.jpg (500x375, 32.28K)

Were these cherry-picked?

She wrote the Christmas special but Sam Simon had gotten a divorce recently so he was so mad at women that he banned the show from having any female writers. So there weren't any until Jennifer Crittenden was picked up by Dave Mirkin after Simon was no longer actively involved with the show.

I mean, the picky usenet fandom is brought up a lot in the classic season commentaries. This seems par for the course for fan reviews of the time.

It is pretty sloppy and one could blame that on Ms. Crittenden's inexperience--she was only 23 and had never written any full length TV script before.

Also if you haven't seen her Twitter, don't. I'm not kidding.

It honestly isn't a very funny episode for being in season 6.

Are we grading on a curve because the writer had a vagina?

Homie the Clown is my personal favorite of Season 6.

this doesnt seem true

A vaginal curve.

LOLI NIPPLES
I SEE LOLI NIPPLES
I SEE TODDLERCON NIPPLES

okay we get it you're aroused

I wonder how many of those Usenet posters still watch the Simpsons. Some of them deserve the 2010's seasons.

Some must have died from autistic rage with the joke in Homer the Great about the Power Plant's parking lot being right next to Homer's house.

> OFF

Holy shit, I totally forgot about this acronym. It's been at least 15 years

We know that tranny nigger Cordless does.

What does it stand for?

or that gag where moe's is on the same block as the Simpsons house

Isn't that in a much later episode?

Is there like, an essential Simpsons list I can see? I’ve seen less than five episodes in my life, and I know a majority of it sucks, but nobody can agree upon when it truly goes to shit. Is there a best of the best list anybody can share?

Just watch the first nine seasons. Nearly everything from 2-9 are some of the best comedy television ever made.

Our Favorite Family