>2020
>Maul is the best character and the only reason to keep following Star Wars
If you told me that 15 years ago, I wouldn't believe you.

Attached: Maul_SWDL.png (640x1055, 412.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkkF6Zz67TE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He was the only thing I liked in Phantom Menace.

Attached: Maul.png (990x1521, 1.93M)

>Ray Park tearing up Kenobi packages on instagram

He was the only thing I liked in Solo.

Attached: images (2).jpg (600x308, 11.05K)

He knew since savage found him.
Everything he did was to be able to stop Anakin and get his revenge on Kenobi.
Holy shit he actually was the antihero.

That niggas dead

Attached: MaulKenobi.gif (500x288, 3.21M)

Attached: rayparkKENOBI.jpg (807x580, 72.07K)

Is Maul just another case of Boba Fett, where someone is given more importance than needed just because of aesthetics?

>>Maul is the best character and the only reason to keep following Star Wars
He's been dead for four years or something like that, are you stupid?

This was kino and the best part of Rebels.

yes

Yeah but I'd say he's more interesting than Fett ever was because Maul still loses all the time. He's possibly the most tragic character in SW.

The only problem with Maul in TPM is he's just a piece of scary concept art that stands around for two hours, kills one of the good guys and dies very quickly. On top of that, everyone in 1999 thought he was going to be the big baddie of the new trilogy and there was a lot of mystery about him.

He was Steppenwolf before Steppenwolf. The ultimate example of a big problem in the era of cgi movies post 2000's: Looks really cool, but there's nothing to it.

It tuns out when your give a character to writers and you actually give them something interesting to do, something interesting to say, they're actually a good character you get invested in.

Fuck yeah.
youtube.com/watch?v=UkkF6Zz67TE

>Maul's character arc is better than Luke's
I honestly can't believe how things turned out

>a character died
>no stories about him set before said death can be told
We're in the middle of a show detailing his role in the twilight of the Republic and no canonical material delved into his time as the boss of the Crimson Dawn. The argument that there is no point in working with a character prequel-wise is part of the dumb reason why Ahsoka is running around after fucking Endor now.

Best boy. I love him so much

Attached: maul my heart.jpg (335x298, 89.42K)

When reality checks.

Has Luke ever really had a great arc after RotJ in Legends?

He was cool as fuck even in Episode 1. Everyone always wanted more of Maul.

>The only problem with Maul in TPM is he's just a piece of scary concept art that stands around for two hours, kills one of the good guys and dies very quickly
The worst part is every villain in the prequels was this except for Palpatine and Vader. The entire trilogy was wasted potential. Fuck, General Grievous existed for all of what, 15 minutes in just the movies, before Obi-Wan rekt him?

>Sheev tortured him like hell and then blamed Jedi for it

>The argument that there is no point in working with a character prequel-wise
I said that it was stupid to keep up with SW just for Maul, not that you can't do anything with a character before he dies.
That's the entire fucking setting of the prequels.

They gave Dooku a bit more character than that in AoTC. We know he trained Qui-Gon and was possibly an influence on him. Still died off way too quicky.

TCW's treatment of Dooku was always one of my biggest problems with the show too. Conceptually, the character is pure gold, and all they ever did with him is having him be a generic bad guy.

I really don't care about him, to be honest. TCW did what it could to make a resurrected walking lightsaber into a character, but naturally that required stapling an entire personality and purpose that was foreign to it, and it never really got around the clumsy stupidity of it all. The whole thing has been like a skin graft that never healed all the way. It was a fundamentally dumb idea.

>>He mad cuz Gravity and being cut in half is nonsense in the star wars universe.

HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CUT IN HALF DOWN THE MIDDLE OF HIS HEAD K

What the fuck are you even trying to say

Those who think gravity and lightsaber wounds mean anything think hes dead still

Oh, you're retarded.
Got it.

Also...I just wanna say it's not the screentime the characters have that's the problem, it's what's not done with it. Vader appeared in 77 and ESB for like less than 15 minutes total. He has a half hour in the whole OT and a big portion of that is on the second Death Star.

>If you told me that 15 years ago, I wouldn't believe you.
I would, Maul was always a real G.