I enjoyed it...

I enjoyed it, reminded me of a fusion of so many innovative styles from The Lego Movie to The Book of Life to Captain Underpants. Plus Maya Rudolph was inspired.

Attached: images.jpg (455x674, 76.44K)

Story was a mess. The trailer made the movie seem more coherent than it actually was. I never heard of the book, so going by the trailer, I thought the story was this:

A bunch of kids send their abusive parents away to a deadly trip. The parents hire a nanny to watch the children and then when their parents die on the trip, social services comes in to take the children. But the kids and the nanny have bonded, so they run away and half the movie is them on the run from "the law" (social services) and it was going to be a quirky family road trip escape-from-the-law movie. That's what I thought when I saw them flying all around the world in the trailer.

Instead, it was 80 different plots with a bunch of side characters who didn't matter and social services shows up for 15 minutes and then, uh. The family loves each other in the end, but they loved each other at the beginning, so I don't know.

True, plus that thing where the Nanny thinks the kid betrayed her on purpose did annoy me, even if she admitted they were just fooling around with the audience.

So Willoughbys have big families right? Wouldn’t an aunt or uncle notice that their brother treats his kids like trash?

They have a big ancestry but they seem to be the only living ones left.

>Parents call each other "Father" and "Mother" even though they hate being parents.

Wouldn't it make more sense if they called each other Husband or Wife or Honey and Sweetie or something like that?

I think it's trying to pay homage to whatever cartoon came out in the mid-20th century, hence why it has the feel of a Rankin Bass production with a thousand times the budget.

>The Willoughby's chase out potential buyers of the house using traps
>Then a group of people appear whom their traps don't work on: The Perfect Family!
>The Perfect Family is defeated 90 seconds later

It had lightning fast pacing to say the least.

Watched it blind with my young nephew. It's pretty colorful with a charming disposition despite the sad subject matter that reminds me of Lemony Snickets in a way. The murder plot felt like a child friendly Horrible Bosses and instantly made me more interested. I'd give it a 6 to 7 out of 10.

Really neat visual style for messy story with weak characters. Is anyone here actually familiar with the source material? How does it compare to this new adaptation?

Attached: The-Willoughbys-Lois-Lowry.jpg (1575x2325, 3.33M)

>NETFLIX
>A Netflix Film

Attached: Plankton loses his patience.png (499x338, 312.91K)

I can agree with assessment, I also think it had a lot of concepts that were either morbid or quirky and got me interested but I could never fully get into the movie because everything felt so surface-level character wise. It felt like it was just stringing together ideas and hoping it would come together to make a fun end result without putting the work in to build a decent foundation first

I wanna believe Kris Pearn made the mistake of sticking too closely to the original book, but again, I don't know if that Lowry's story had the same character development issues. I need a reader's insight in this thread.

Attached: Willoughby 'stache.jpg (380x469, 29.17K)

>dead thread, again
Damn. Yas Forums really is boring and predictable, huh?

Eh, the movie was good enough to be good rather than excellent to the point of being drowned in controversy and debate. I'm just grateful.

Well, here’s a controversial take: Why the FUCK was Ricky Gervais in this movie?!

Uh, he got jealous of the cat from Coraline?

He was Cast as the cat because the people in charge thought he was the best actor for the role... also Gervais looks like a fat cat

>also Gervais looks like a fat cat
Methinks SOMEBODY didn't like being called a fat pussy in the golden globes

Attached: images (1).jpg (469x654, 22.29K)

Wasn't he an executive producer for the film?

Attached: fuckin asshole.jpg (840x559, 65.55K)

This movie got any waifus? Klaus did.

Attached: Alva.jpg (2048x1107, 2M)

Linda is better

Good joke, mate. Is... is she seriously the only option??

Attached: eggman kek.gif (190x192, 199.41K)

What does "executive producer" even MEAN? Seems like a pretty broad term for such a highly-viewed position. Some EPs clearly have little to no influence on the projects they're involved with.

Barnaby bump

Attached: Barnaby Twins (by Craig Kellman).jpg (1000x647, 105.67K)

wtf I love Craig Kellman now

Attached: tampon.jpg (1000x643, 182.8K)

Jesus, why is Yas Forums so fucking BORING?

Slight spoilers but can girls even grow facial hair as a family trait? It was weirdly cute nonetheless.

Attached: Screenshot_20200424-212902_Netflix~2.jpg (436x531, 42.04K)

You’ve never seen a chick with a mustache?

I'm sure some can.

Also, feel free to discuss spoilers. The movie's been out for almost three days now, and anyone willing to read through this thread probably won't be affected by such discussion.

Attached: Mabel mustache.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Can't say how common it is, but it happens.

dude,a lot of chicks wax their upper lip, thet dont even get that much thou

it was pretty good, I tought it was a foreign movie given how animation is nowadays
also the nanny was super hot

Attached: Phil.jpg (456x417, 71.74K)

Yea, you never heard of the bearded lady? Or like another user said, some women wax their upper lip. Hell, there was a lunch lady in my elementary school with a neckbeard. She'd shave it once in a while.

Attached: Annalisa-Hackleman-e1520243642424.jpg (1097x720, 45.32K)