You know as time goes on, I begin to side with Trask more and more about the "mutant problem"...

You know as time goes on, I begin to side with Trask more and more about the "mutant problem". At the end of the day mutants are just assholes with a HUGE ego, a science experiment Celestials tinkered with, and they have the gall to self-proclaim as the next step in human evolution when we all know that's a lie. Hell every future with mutants is a hellscape.

On a similar topic; what the fuck was Trask and the US government thinking with the Sentinel program? I get it, giant robots are cool, but billion dollar giant plastic automatons aren't exactly practical in an urban setting.

Attached: Sentinels.jpg (1576x2361, 1.08M)

The efficiency of Sentinels always baffled me, their design, idea, numbers etc always struck me as disposable mook tier

>Hell every future with mutants is a hellscape.

How many futures aren't hellscapes, period?

At best they manage to be basically as bad as present day, only different

Attached: 1651561616.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Granted the concept, like a lot of things, originally was built on "this is cool" over "does this make sense?". I guess the initial design was to maximize firepower and physical strength considering how versatile mutants are. But time and again their size has proven to be counterproductive, and more expensive. Moreover, where is the Sentinel program strictly a mutant deterrent? Didn't Stark make his own Sentinels once?
2099 is a relatively stable future......kind of. Well compared to mutant futures it is.

Attached: Sentinel X-Men.jpg (1200x750, 343.42K)

I’ve always felt that X-Men was wasted as a brand, and much as I liked the costumes and such, I could never immerse myself because the Mutant Allegory is horseshit and Muties are a danger to humanity.

I feel like modern comics has them as disposable mooks but they felt more scary when Claremont used them. They always seemed to be in fewer numbers and needed group tactics to take them down.

Attached: wolvfuturepast.jpg (620x295, 184.78K)

I'm going to get so much shit for saying this but I prefer the X-Men living in their own little bubble universe away from other Marvel IPs. That, and I wish a few characters from X-Men weren't mutants thus associated with them. There are days were I wish Wolverine was simply an escaped government experiment.

Attached: Wolverine.png (576x720, 288.86K)

>I'm going to get so much shit for saying this but I prefer the X-Men living in their own little bubble universe away from other Marvel IPs
Get in shit for it? Someone says this everytime someone brings up X-Men. Honestly it is a very widely held opinion.

In fact: I am gonna get in more shit by saying that X-Men should be in the Marvel universe. The biggest problem they have is that they made more sense in the Claremont era than they do now. When the Marvel universe felt smaller, mutants worked. The reason why mutants don't work now is there are far too many shit superheroes that have been made and bloated the whole Marvel universe.

>There are days were I wish Wolverine was simply an escaped government experiment.
This has less to do with bubble universe and far more to do with the runaway popularity of a character leading to him being overexposed. Wolverine as part of a team for a few mini series back in the day was great.

Attached: Marvel (1).jpg (1920x1080, 1.76M)

I agree, but not because
>Muh ‘Vengers not hater why it b like dat for Muh Muggas
It’s because the line cannot progress with other superheroes. The X-Men won’t be able to get the public’s trust of 100 other super teams exist and aren’t a danger to their well-being.

Either way, my problems with the X-Men are different. They want to both have their cake and eat it too. Your characters can’t be overpowered supermodels yet be allegories for ghettoniggers. You cannot be the next step of human evolution and then have fucking Glob Herman demand equal rights and campaign for the right to have more Glob Hermans. For me, it should’ve been a clear story about nuclear/atomic fears filtered through themes of the Ubermensch.

Well that, and its kind of hard to justify X-Men as misfits anymore

>2099 is
a Cyberpunk hellscape
>Mutant Futures
You mean the ones that are about hunting down mutants?
>where is the Sentinel program strictly a mutant deterrent?
That's what Trask built them for/used them as

I don’t see why they should be. The entire concept’s wasted on bland bullshit. At this point I may just keep my ideas and create my own thing to pass the time.

You have to remember it was originally 5 characters at a school, and they pretty much were superhero misfits. Well that, and arguably a Doom Patrol ripoff but that's another topic entirely. As time went on mutants got more freakish, while also growing in number thus watering down the concept

Claremont’s Allegory fucked up the whole thing, but he wrote some good stuff that the title improved, the 90s turned them into superstars, and then Morrison came and just nuked them.

>Claremont’s Allegory fucked up the whole thing
The allergory existed since their conception.

>They want to both have their cake and eat it too. Your characters can’t be overpowered supermodels yet be allegories for ghettoniggers.
You seem to miss the part where it is a superhero comic.

Nope. It was a case of nuclear fear, not “Muh niggers”. Because sure, when I look at a hot redhead who can move things with her mind, I’m reminded of “oppressed minorities”.

>I-it’s supposed to be bad
Great argument there. It could’ve been a superhero comic with a more fitting approach to the core concept.

So like, finding a way to cure mutants or killing them? Because they manifest at like puberty and I would feel bad about killing a kid

I sympathise with him wanting mutants curbed.
Where he lost me however is the Sentinel program. In an effort to curb one problem, you end up damning ALL LIFE ON EARTH in the bad future, and the mutants were the LAST REMAINING SURVIVORS in that scenario.

>I-it’s supposed to be bad
That is a complete strawman and you know it.

Honestly, we have this same discussion every time the X-men are brought up and honestly it is pathetic. It is the equivalent of "why doesn't someone just kill the Joker" shit. It is a meta narrative and not indicative of the stories themselves.

Pic related is X-Men 14. The allegory was there.

Attached: uq3653lxedt41.png (470x435, 401.38K)

>in your efforts to genocide one race, you end up genociding your own
its like irony or something

If anything, the Ninja Turtles do the "shunned by humanity for being different" story better, because well, they're freaks of nature.

The whole point of the X-Men is to show the best in mutants, not necessarily be a representation of all mutants. Most mutants are normal people, some mutants are shunned like the Morlocks. Other mutants are hunted and killed for being different. So your whole idea that they "have their cake and eat it" is really bizarre. Yeah, X-Men are meant to be the best trained, good looking heroes saving the day. But they aren't all mutants.

>On a similar topic; what the fuck was Trask and the US government thinking with the Sentinel program? I get it, giant robots are cool, but billion dollar giant plastic automatons aren't exactly practical in an urban setting.

I'm betting MCU Sentinels will be much different

Can we talk about how this was one of the best depictions of "emotionless killer machines" in fiction?
Seriously, these guys were fucking scary and awesome.

Attached: 1_98.jpg (350x290, 23.74K)

It's partly because we see how efficient they are

Faceless unrelenting terminators are them at their best. Useless paper weights to get chewed up by Wolverine or pic related are why they have become pathetic.

(Actually I blame the cartoon for making them both kinda weak and a joke.)

Attached: ace-of-spades-thumbnail.jpg (544x363, 46.56K)

Something about the voice of them in the cartoons makes them less scary and more silly.

Did Ultron ever improve or take advantage of the Master Mold design?

What’s the difference between a born mutant and someone like Spiderman who mutated later in life?
The whole mutant racism thing is retarded

that actually would be interesting. which is why it will never happen unfortunately.

People are retarded in real life. And all major heroes have had PR problems (FF, Avengers, Spider-Man). Also, not everyone gets bitten by a radioactive spider. Your kids could be born mutants.