Why don't they just give him subtitles?

Why don't they just give him subtitles?

Attached: Y does Ducktales2017 hate Donald.jpg (222x246, 20.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cQXYBvtT_Hc
youtube.com/watch?v=CN666q3ptAU
youtu.be/KgNeD5R5tCs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The writers never liked Donald.

I don't watch nuducktales is this a fucking meme or is it true?
90s ducktales straight up had him fuck off to the navy which actually makes sense in universe

90's Disney removed him because they were overprotective of their old characters and didn't want to use them for anything.

That would be pretty funny to be fair
It's debatable if they actually don't like him or are just really fucking bad at writing for him

I stopped watching this after like the first 8 episodes, but I knew that at one point donald gets a normal voice.

But I recently saw a clip of donald and goofy and donald still had the normal voice. what the fuck, was that really a permanent change? That's fucking stupid.

They think it's so clever because every other duck speaks normally on duckburg and Donald sounds like a retard, so to them it's like fixing a wrong

>was that really a permanent change
no, context matters

Why do people think the writers hate donald? Genuine question.

Also wouldn't giving subtitles to donald kinda ruin him. In universe characters have a hard time understanding him. So giving you all of his dialogue without effort seems like a waste.

They could do a "Ling-Ling" move where half his dialogued is badly subtitled and he complains about it.

That is actually a great idea. They should have gyro build a device that just puts permeate subtitles floating around Donald so the other characters can understand him. And Donald just keeps freaking out and trying to swat them away.

Does he even need them? He sounds just fine in 3 Cabs.

That Face when you grew up with Re-runs of Donald Cartoons and VHS Donald Duck Shorts collections, and perfectly understand what he's saying.

On that note the voice actor is some times saying gibberish. Who's the Voice Actor for him right now? I have not bothered to see the cast.

Attached: 1579231321213.jpg (491x488, 18.55K)

New clip out

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cQXYBvtT_Hc

They already do if you turn on the closed captioning.

No, it wasn't permanent, it just happens twice. The first time it's because Gyro can't stand Donald's voice and gives him a device that makes him sound normal, but he coughs it up and it gets destroyed by the end of the ep.

The Goofy / him one he's made a wish on a genie lamp for a 'normal' life, which in turn gives him a normal voice. It also goes away after he undoes the wish.

My biggest issue with it is that Donald LIKES it when it happens. I don't get why Donald is ashamed of his own voice and doesn't take pride in it, in cases where he's forced to speak normal I think he should be furious at the change.

>bickering while tied up
>daisy seemed to understand him
Good start.

I don't know if it's true or not. But it's obvious that they hate the original series. Ducktales is one part gravity falls clone and one part spite.

I am surprised daisy is actually understand what he saying in his voice even if we don't understand

Imagine Donald doing this:
youtube.com/watch?v=CN666q3ptAU

I mean, wasn't it revealed that his anger stems from his fear that the world doesn't understand him, literally and figuratively? If thats the case then I can understand why he enjoys being able to speak normally, because it's basically negating an aspect of himself he doesn't like.

That and “the world is out to get him” because of his bad luck.

>they hate the original series
Are you severely retarded or blind

He's European. They're disabled by default.

They said they didn't like certain aspects at least like Webby's original version or Doofus

>2 aspects
>out of how many
Thank you for proving my point.
Honestly

youtu.be/KgNeD5R5tCs

1948 called to tell you idiots that you're overthinking it. Also, Donald was always the foil to the Boys and Uncle Scrooge in the comics.

Donald's speech in this universe is a legitimate disability and one much more intrusive in everyday life than Della's leg (replaced with a more versatile, superior one).

Problem is that Della's leg situation is shown in an empowering light, whereas Don's vocal struggles are played for laughs.

>Donald was always the foil to the Boys and Uncle Scrooge in the comics.

In the best of Barks' stories (which gave the character its comic book fame) Don most frequently brings it on himself, and when it's pure bad luck, he actively gives his all to fight against it. The issue many have with DT is that he's so passive if not downright resigned to the shit that happens to him, making him border on pathetic pushover territory, and that's just not Donald.

I've seen it mentioned that Donald is weaker in energy in this show that he'd be better if he was more lively. Which the show actually has the energetic duck in the form of Dewey. Yet he's easily the worst triplet. The show really fails even when it does the desired thing.

>give him subtitles

Attached: Donald and Lena.gif (600x338, 986.24K)

I dont get why have donald if you dont do him any good. It is because of his sister and he is just a prop?