What happened with the next generation of cartoons?

Hazbin, Satina, Infinity Train, Casagrandes, The Owl House, the frog girl show, are all turning out disappointments.
Did the networks collude together to make potato mush and not actually have to compete anymore?
I feel like this decade is going to make the 10's look like some kind of golden age in comparison.

Pic related but I wish I was in the land of Ooo.

Attached: 1587206691383.jpg (500x283, 30.49K)

Because in the past, kids actually watched cartoons, and they were virtually the center of child media consumption. While there was a lot of crap that came out of this, some of which tried way too hard to pander to their preconceptions of kids (though most of this was pushed by corporate executives), some artists were genuinely inspired to use the constraints imposed by children's animation to tell meaningful stories. Cartoons back then had soul, as their creators had full knowledge that they were essentially shaping kids' childhoods.

With the rise of YouTube and the internet as a whole, children's animation isn't this epicenter of childhood anymore. This also coincides with the decline of cable TV in general. So instead of getting passionate people, you get the dregs and the sediment who use it to espouse their agendas and indulge in their Peter Pan complex. It's not that passionate people don't exist, it's that whatever's left (whatever hasn't moved to greener pastures) is suffering from television's death crunch as executives desperate try squeezing blood out of this stone of an expiring medium. This is why so many cartoons are either reboots (PPG 2016, Thundercats, ect.), spinoffs (Casagrandes, Camp Koral), or riding existing trends (Owl House and the loreshit craze that AT and GF popularized). Experiments just aren't cost-effective anymore.

On the flipside, maybe this will be the decade when online animation really takes off and things that aren't family guy or spongebob clones can actually sprout

And AT is way more fucking awful than any of those shows are, fuck Ooo

Owl house and frog girl show are legit the best shows to come out in years and hazbin was a fantastic pilot, youre full of shit OP.

Attached: 7D4BB66C-EBC4-4123-8DF1-15D65A13C340.jpg (525x469, 65.02K)

>He is basing his expectations on the corporate advertised shows like the Disney Channel GF ripoffs and Casagrandes
This is the hugest wake up call to stop being a basic bitch and look up the good recent cartoons that haven't been advertised by corporate to you as much. You'll realize the best stuff is almost always those

>Owl house and frog girl show are legit the best shows to come out in years

Attached: k ped.gif (220x163, 40.09K)

The thing is that a lot of the modern cartoons look incestuous.

For all the talk about diversity, it's like they are made by members of the same circle and cult.

Netflix actually has a bit more of variety, but they try to pass of their cartoons as anime.

Attached: IMG_20200422_234639.png (640x480, 322.34K)

Television animation was only good from the late 70s to early 2000s in Japan or late 80s to mid 2000s in America. It is in France that we must place our hopes.

Attached: Laughs in french.gif (500x432, 2M)

I agree with the frog girl show, but not so much Owl House

Only the frog show. Owl House is a blunder - a flop.

Making a pilot script called cavitys user. Look forward to seeing it on YouTube in like 5 years and quickly getting swept under the rug for rebeca sugars newest cartoon transitioning bull

>Transitioning Bull
Like a cow gets into bullfighting? Because I’d watch that shit

That goes hand in hand with both the networks becoming risk-averse and just less people entering the industry in general. Zoomers are growing up in a turbulent economy and have both lived through the great recession and will be the ones most affected if we lapse into a depression. You really think there's gonna be many in this environment that say "hey! i want to make a cartoon!" instead of getting a well paying job?

So basically what we're left with are the sheltered trust fund detritus who constantly asspat each other and consider the homogeneous, derivative shit they create to be valid artistic expression.

A lot of cartoons are woke trash and try too hard to be ‘deep’

Adventure Time was never good.

> pretends to be a bull all the way to the championships
> final fighter is a bullfighter mariachi style, really tall menacing motherfucker kind of like darkwing duck / ow mariachi reaper ass looking motherfucker under so much cloth deco you can't see his face
> turns out to also be a cow pretending

Attached: repper.png (599x717, 906.38K)

What a twist!

the new generation is something you've imagined
There is and was no new generation. You don't like these recent shows (shit taste), and that's fine, doesn't make any previous period in time a golden age. Don't turn everything into a sweeping generalization and autistically attempt to categorize everything you see.

Also goddamn, get out more, hazbin and satina are one episode youtube animations, of which there are many. And there's more than 4 tv cartoons.

Imagine if you actually just went to watch something else instead of making this post,

>The thing is that a lot of the modern cartoons look incestuous
Blind retard

owl house is only half way through its first season.
wait til the end and then we'll talk

You don't need to finish the full show to know if it's good. Only to know if it's bad. Even if the next 10 episodes are garbage the good 10 episodes will still be here. And even if the current 10 episodes are bad the next 10 might be good.

Owl House, is good and no later episodes can change that.

Why?

Frog show is only discussed for waifu bait
Like it or not Owl House is more successful right now even if it's the lesser show, if not only for how hard Disney shilled it. Not the first time this has happened

I spend more time watching older shit already desu. Way better.

You're a meanie!

Attached: 1585570274722.gif (640x360, 1.67M)

you are fucking retarded.

Attached: what trolls think is happening.jpg (640x960, 235.89K)

Infinity train is good tho

This, it isn’t perfect in some ways but it is certainly refreshing in its topic and very different from the other new series

Cartoonists today are really insecure over the fact that they're making childrens entertainment, making potato mush is more "mature" than making stuff that's actually cartoony (it's why TTG! is the CN's biggest hit)

Several of those are only one episode.

And Amphibia's fun.

Is it just a meme on this board to not like Amphibia? It's genuinely one of my favorite shows. I love the characters and I love Anne's character development. It's a very character-driven show as opposed to a lore-driven show, but the characters are so good that I think it definitely succeeds.

Attached: 0_Mzk4BmAlB9AbMmu7.jpg (640x358, 52.33K)

>hazbin was a fantastic pilot
I disagree. Having everyone swear at random doesn't make something funny or good, or even mature.

Describe Anne's character development.
>well she was selfish but now she's not selfish no more
That's not character development. She goes back to being selfish each episode.