Superman Lives

>Superman doesn't fly
>Does not have a cape
>Brainiac breaking the necks of polar bears
>Ends with Superman vs a giant fucking spider
Would it have been good?

Attached: superman lives giant spider 3b.jpg (808x561, 146.32K)

I would liked to have seen Cage playing that complete weirdo Clark Kent they were talking about.

Attached: Superman Lives.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

>>Ends with Superman vs a giant fucking spider
I have really never understood why people get hung up on this. Superman in TAS fought a robot T-Rex in the 4th episode. Robot / Giant beasties are hardly a bizarre choice for comics.

No, next question.

It's not so much the giant spider itself as it's Jon Peters' autistic obsession with the concept. Kevin Smith mentioned that one of the immediate questions he got after talking to Peters was wheter or not he mentioned the spider, something he appearently talked about so often everyone around him got sick of it.

Yes, If only for the insanity of it.

Attached: Superman Lives.jpg (648x460, 97.62K)

Attached: supermanlives2.jpg (527x911, 125.52K)

How bad would this have looked in 1997?

Allegedly no costume at all, or at least a super subdued one. So no, it wouldn't have been good.

Attached: NvToEL1g.png (728x410, 433.25K)

Attached: Nic Cage Superman.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Attached: bQ.jpg (1518x935, 342.92K)

>>Does not have a cape

No

Attached: Nic Cage Superman2.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

Attached: JzZNDqC.jpg (1069x713, 188.62K)

Attached: Brainiac skullship.jpg (500x389, 57.14K)

Attached: fghjkl.jpg (1920x1080, 356.96K)

It could of have been The Batman & Robin of Superman films

That makes me uncomfortable

This is just Berserk, innit?

That does not look like a spider to me.

Didn't he also drive a car instead of being able to fly?

Well it is a thanagarian snare beast.

at best like Jurassic Park at worst like Trolls

Depends in the budget, really.

Superman being attacked by a polar bear when he first gets to the fortress of solitude could have been a good scene. It helps anchor the setting in a living world, and having him treat it like a misbehaving house pet would be both cute, and a good display of his character and powers.

Attached: superman stained glass.jpg (644x890, 78.12K)

I am very much okay with non flying. Frankly, I've always thought flight was a stupid superpower due to the complete lack of apparent mechanism.

Bla bla suspension of disbelief, but at least come up with something. Anti-gravity organ, cape is sufficiently advanced harness, something.

And then he went on to make wild wild west, which had a giant metal spider. He really, really wanted a spider

>Anti-gravity organ
That's essentially the explanation, yeah.

Is that for real? Cause I can live with that.

And just to clarify, I don't need a detailed Minovsky Particle tier thesis on how a story element functions, just don't get lazy and say "just cuz".