Goth Girls anyone?

Goth Girls anyone?

youtube.com/watch?v=1P_BlUY2eF4

Attached: tumblr_obai7ipNod1ttyv8ao1_1280.png (768x846, 383.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_emo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_pop
its-not-its.info/
youtube.com/watch?v=vQDduSL15nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z5Zr76S86Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=LgXBhnZGlLk
youtu.be/79bCezrqtYs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Romantic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Goth suck. Punks rule.

Attached: Tasha_Punk_Girl.jpg (436x360, 45.07K)

>dark-skinned goths
MY ULTIMATE WEAKNESS

What's the difference between emo and goth again?

"Goth" is embracing the beauty in darkness and the macabre, "Emo" is just being overwhelmed by by it and crying out for help, yearning for empathy and validation.

and Punk is just acknowledging- not really the darkness of the world, but everything wrong with the "establishment" and actively trying to piss any figures of authority off with loud music and weird, subversive aesthetics.

Attached: Lydia jersey.jpg (446x696, 123.75K)

pretty well said.

Attached: 1579738340923.jpg (641x811, 87.13K)

Goth came from punk, all trad goths are also honorary punks.

They both have punk as their common ancestor, but goth came from the post punk UK scene, while emo came from the DC hardcore scene.

>"Emo" is just being overwhelmed by by it and crying out for help, yearning for empathy and validation.

Does that only apply to shitty emo pop, or emocore, screamo, midwest emo, etc.?

Attached: vlcsnap-2020-03-25-22h28m44s237.png (1280x720, 999.29K)

What about Scene? Where does that fall in?

Mall Goths.

I don't know what the fuck ANY of that shit is.
>Midwest Emo
Did you make that one up?

Not all emo is emo pop as known by the likes of Say Anything, The Get Up Kids, '00s Jimmy Eat World, My Chemical Romance, Remo Drive, Taking Back Sunday, Jack's Mannequin, Saves the Day, etc.

Midwest Emo sounds like American Football, The Brave Little Abacus, Sunny Day Real Estate, Cap'n Jazz, The Newfound Interest in Connecticut, Mineral, Penfold, The Van Pelt, etc.

Modern emo sounds like Brand New, The Hotelier, Cloud Nothings, On the Might of Princes, Fine Before You Came, Dogleg, A Bunny's Caravan, Desaparecidos, Tigers Jaw, Moving Mountains, Ling Tosite Sigure, etc.

Emoviolence sounds like Orchid, Jeromes Dream, Lord Snow, Frail Hands, Ostraca, Love Lost but Not Forgotten, etc.

Screamo sounds like Gospel (the band), City of Caterpillar, pg.99, Envy, Portraits of Past, Funeral Diner, Off Minor, Corea, Touche Amore, La Quiete, Circle Takes the Square, Daitro, Sed Non Satiata, etc.

Old emo sounds like Rites of Spring, Jawbreaker, Moss Icon, I Hate Myself, Hot Water Music, Lync, Dag Nasty, Embrace, Samiam, etc.

I agree that emo kids and scene kids are annoying, but not giving real emo music a chance because of them, is like missing out gothic rock, deathrock, and darkwave based on mall goths.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midwest_emo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screamo

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_pop

Attached: 817BBC2D-DE93-4913-8D03-2E4B2A0BAF27.jpg (500x500, 253.25K)

>"Goth" is embracing the beauty in darkness and the macabre
Could of said it better myself.

>"Goth" is embracing the beauty in darkness and the macabre
Does anyone know of any goth scientists in media? I mean besides Abby Scutio. It just occurred to me how incredibly potent and fitting such a combination is, and it's doing it for me.

Also, post more Lydia.

>Could of

School has failed you. Read more gothic literature.

Lisbeth Salander, kind of.

>Couldn't have*
>insult instead of correcting

Yas Forums(nel) is a shell of it's former self indeed.

Dark-skinned goths in voodoo inspired outfit is probably my biggest fetish.

Attached: Dg3ld_RUEAAuxJ7.jpg (1024x512, 79.12K)

Stealing this thread

Attached: tumblr_myjus3XTAr1qhe18go1_500.gif (500x314, 961.47K)

>a shell of it's former self

I hope that was intentional.

its-not-its.info/

Do you beat off to the original performances of I Put a Spell on You?

>I hope that was intentional.
Youll never now.

Attached: 526467EF-A785-4A77-A8F0-054000121F2D.png (1241x1600, 881.54K)

i dont like it.

The hell was this scene? Did the animators desperately need to have a wank? Goddamn.

No

Attached: 165393.jpg (864x1296, 627.67K)

Be cool, be punk, do crimes.

Scene is like punk but the only person you want to piss off is your parents.

They needed to beat off to Wanda.

Ok
youtube.com/watch?v=vQDduSL15nQ
youtube.com/watch?v=z5Zr76S86Gw
youtube.com/watch?v=LgXBhnZGlLk

Attached: dcrpwxd-c77f95fa-e208-4f70-ab11-cd67dcebb97a.png (680x790, 174.54K)

unf

my mojo is raising

Attached: 572CD164-8BDE-41B3-BD44-E1ECA04070BE.png (1600x826, 449.62K)

Gonna steal this meme.

Attached: steal this.jpg (688x1000, 526.13K)

Attached: 541C7884-62E4-4621-9673-A5A117905D9C.png (1574x1600, 1.08M)

Goth: Darkness makes me happy
Emo: Darkness makes me sad
Punk: Darkness makes me angry
Prep: Darkness makes me turn on the lights.

Schiz: Darkness makes me happy, then sad, becoming angry to turn on the lights.

Attached: showtime!.jpg (648x800, 241.64K)

Attached: lyds bathing suit.png (732x934, 158.8K)

Lydia was my first crush as a wee lad. The animated show stuck we me more apart from the movie it was based on.

Attached: Lydia-lydia-deetz-33429316-500-532.jpg (500x532, 46.47K)

>all these definitions
Try and define me!
>Byronic Characters are my favourite archetype
>like the "vest/voat/waistoat" attire that you'd find during the Victorian Era
>find corsets, opera gloves and such hot and beautiful
>always have been serious/reserved/melancholic
>have a deep seated theological dread and fear, which means that I find Occult stuff interesting
>studying physics so the difference between the physical and metaphysical wrecks my brain making me unsure of what I even believe in and making Occultism even more 'taboo'
>same fear makes me find stuff like sacrifices, rituals, demons, succubi and the rest incredibly hot, which extends to a general fetish for punks, goths, priestessess, corrupted nuns, whatever
>generally just like all the Gothic aesthetics and enjoy Gothic Sci-Fi like WH40K more than something purely Sci-Fi like Trek
Yeah I know, blogpost but I can't categorize myself. I've always been a fan of burlesques and cabarets, and it slowly extended to all of that since as long as I can remember. It's why I got into Doom as a kid; he was both high tech and a sorcrerer. I mention it because I don't really like fantasy, at least the usual stuff. I like Gothic stuff but I don't feel "Gothic" enough because I also have other interests and styles I like. But I have this autism that makes me want to put everything in neat little boxes with cohesion instead of random things I "like".

Attached: 1473657326572.png (500x500, 41.57K)

Great post, but the pepe made me hide it.

Whi is this blackie wearing European clothing and is in some place with GrecoRoman architecture? Why do they keep stealing everything? Stick with your mudhuts and voodoo. Don't blend genres.

But user, it's a BatPepe, surely it's different.

The second artwork for a game called Smite. It's a buyable skin.

Pepes and Wojaks are creative dead ends.

>brave little abacus
Afternoon fellow Yas Forumstant. Or should I call you a /mew/tant? Also you forgot Empire! Empire!, and Merchant Ships.

Frankly I've stopped trying to figure out all the different tribes, there's just too damn many of them, goths a goth as far as I'm concerned.

Attached: 1542401557588.png (4000x4000, 3.99M)

I was just rattling bands off my head. I also left out other well known Yas Forums emo choices like Snowing.

Goth subculture peaked from the early 80's to about early 2000's. It's not dead, per se, but most original Goths either moved on to something else or became soccer moms.

Emo started in the mid 80's as Emotional Hardcore, but the modern iteration everyone knows started around 2002 to 2010.

youtu.be/79bCezrqtYs

You ever listen to I Kill Giants? They did covers of some avatar songs. Unfortunately they broke up years ago.
And Adam from Brave Little Abacus' newish band is pretty good, used to be friends with him on FB few years back before I closed my account. Also go checkout Skatune Network, dude does ska-punk covers of a lot of midwest emo stuff.

Emos cut themselves and goths cut down the Western Roman Empire

It's a reaction pic user, Jesus.
>Great post
Give me an answer and stop being a hardass.
I don't know, I just feel as if I'm too all over the place and don't have a certain and set "feel".

A romanticist mish mash of the other ideologies that are mainly in it for the aesthetics

Attached: Wallpaper_Zoe.jpg (1920x1080, 260.68K)

I liked I Kill Giants' self titled album.

Just call yourself a New Romantic.

Who gives a shit? Just do what you wanna do and stop trying to live your life according to some arbitrary category.

Huh.
It's not about that. It's that I'm stretching myself too thin with being interested in things and whatnot in various genres instead of focusing on a few core things.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Romantic