Differences between each Flash

Who is your favorite flash and why? What are the core differences in personality between someone like Bart and someone like Wally?

Attached: 462345345345.jpg (1920x1080, 336.51K)

Wally by far. He's funny, optimistic but serious when he has to be, and a hell of a lot more capable than any of the other speedsters.

Barry’s a bitch

Jay Garrick = Silent Generation Flash, more of your typical boy scout. Sees the world in black and white. The slowest Flash.

Barry Allen = Straight edge protector, a little bit looser in regards to good and evil. Boomer Flash. More evidence based approach to convicting criminals. second fastest.

Wally West = Millennial flash. Optimistic, almost naive. Truly believes in redemption even for the worst. Would rather talk than fight. Fastest Flash.

Bart = Zoomer Flash. Unpredictable, maybe a bit unstable. Doesn't really like to take things too seriously light hearted and good natured, but no humility. Maybe a bit spoiled. Mediocre speed.

Wally - He has the best ass

Max Mercury

Attached: 10F4E475-4CAF-42B7-B50C-41F8B9803AD7.jpg (1608x1957, 695.25K)

Attached: E921E612-CD89-40F2-9306-BA496AEF2421.jpg (2560x1965, 2.05M)

Barry "Kill Your Local Drug Dealer" Allen
xTHE FLASHx

It's because of his skis.

Attached: RCO019-1.jpg (430x620, 161.57K)

Got a Flash question: When did Captain Boomerang get phased out of the Rogues? I know he died in Idenity Crisis and his son was around afterwards, even took his place on the Suicide Squad. Ever since Nu52 and Rebirth, it seems that Digger is a Suicide Squad member more so. I know its because of the film, but honestly I want Digger to pop up in more Flash books.

Jay is the nice
Barry is the smart one. well now he's the screw up.
Wally has the power creep
Bart for comedy
Wallace is still in development

they thought boomerangs were teh suck. Geoff Johns brought him back during Brightest Day. Hopefully they tone down the "oh no! ANOTHER evil speedster" conga line and let Digger out of the swkad for a hot minute

barry bad
wally good

Attached: 68ADB92C-F107-4CB1-9CA3-ADBDFE010BE7.jpg (600x361, 116.76K)

Attached: 251936F2-0A2A-4637-9C61-FD92741E6AE3.jpg (1280x1842, 266.55K)

Where the fuck is Johnny?

That was the post Flash Rebirth Family Line Up and Johnny was still dead

Attached: DDA47BBD-6095-4978-B188-48C2CFEECAED.jpg (458x472, 65.01K)

God Flash comics are so fucking lame. Constantly people running toward the camera. How many of these frootloops do we need? Uh oh, a really bad guy showed up, better try really hard and run even faster!
Who reads this crap?

Attached: 2B6DFD78-28BB-4995-8118-6448D55EA104.jpg (1987x2612, 1.32M)

Attached: 7B69D5CC-9708-40F4-8FB2-87621CA58063.jpg (694x782, 157.58K)

Now that's funny

when isn't johnny dead

Attached: C1C7DB43-3FFF-4175-875E-3503D0037CF1.jpg (2048x1325, 582.8K)

Barry's unironically a nerd and a loser.

Attached: 10A90F48-B61D-4F92-9F07-C50901D67767.jpg (550x692, 115.45K)

How does Reverse Flash rank up against the rest?

Attached: 65E7E519-A56A-4650-969D-02EFAE230009.jpg (900x621, 495.4K)

Attached: mommy.jpg (1988x3056, 708.23K)

Which one?

Boomer stopped being a Flash villain primarily in Ostrander's Suicide Squad. He's been primarily an Suicide Squad character since then who cameos in The Flash. Boomerang basically made no appearances in Wally's entire run, for instance.

I'm not much of a Flashfag, so I don't really know the differences between them.

People with daddy issues.

Because their dads ran out on them?

Thawne is a psychotic Flash fanboy who wanted to take The Flash's life, failed, so became his archnemesis and dedicates his life to ruining The Flash's life.

Zolomon was genuinely Wally's friend and ally but had some lingering trauma and mental health instability. A bunch of bad shit happened to him and he asked Wally to use time travel to undo it. Wally declined, Zolomon got time powers that replicate superspeed, and he now dedicates his life to putting Wally through enough bad shit (like Zolomon experience) until Wally "learns" to do the right thing and use his powers the way Zolomon wants, making him a better hero in Zolomon's mind.

Some of that shit has changed recently but that's the basic premise of both.

Thawne is THE fastest, faster than Barry and maybe faster than Wally, but that matchup's close. Hunter pre-52 was the actual most fast thing with an absolute hold on speed because he could control his placement in time, it took Wally combining the speed force of all other speedsters he could get ahold of just to stand a fighting chance. As overpowered as hero speedsters are, their rival speedsters are even stronger. Except maybe Inertia, he had to rely on smarts to do in Bart.

Thawne and Barry are equal. According to Williamson Barry has a slight lead.

Given Flash Forward Wally's now the fastest in the multiverse even when you discount the new Manhattan powers.

So how do they both measure up to their respective Flashes? I had heard once that RF isn't fast, but instead makes everything around him slow, but idk if that's still true.

>The slowest Flash.
Unless he's having a monologue thinking about his wife. Then he's the fastest.

Thawne and Barry are generally evenly matched.

Zolomon trounces Wally effortlessly. Wally always needs a power up or a plot contrivance to even match up to Zolomon. Though Wililamson really fucked up Zolomon and Flash Forward has really fucked up Wally so comparing them now is a bit weird.

That's Zolomon. The other one, Thawne, is fast like Flashes and is typically faster than Barry because he can leech off other speedsters' speed and thus increase his own. I think Wally learned that trick too though so I dunno if it works on him.

Barry and Thawne are usually equally fast unless one of them is feeling motivated, then that one's faster at the moment.

Really? I always thought Thawne was the slightly faster one. I'll chalk it up to Thawne being faster but Barry having the potential to be faster than him when he's at his most determined.

the faster one is whoever the writer decides, numbnuts. this ain't a video game

Fair enough, I guess.

>Thawne, is fast like Flashes and is typically faster than Barry because he can leech off other speedsters' speed and thus increase his own

This is not something Thawne has ever done.

I think he's talking about the speed forces. Speaking of, if one force has a negative then what about the rest? Is there a weak/negative strength force and such or is Thawne's unique because he sort of created it?

No clue. I hope not because all of them are stupid. The speed force itself is kind of stupid but it was one off and wasn't so bad at first but has gotten worse with each new writer using it.

It's a bit ironic that the Zoomer Flash isn't the fastest one.

New to the Flash: how did Jay, Barry, Wally and Bart each get their powers?

>Black Wally
nope

Jay inhaled some hard water fumes in his college lab, got super powers.

Barry was in his lab late and got hit by lightning, which caused some chemicals to splash on him, and the combo gave him powers.

Barry was showing Wally the "place where The Flash got his powers" and literally the exact same thing happened to Wally.

Barry's son Don was, at one point, Barry's sperm. Barry's sperm has super speed, so Don had superspeed. Bart was once Don's sperm. Don's sperm had superspeed, so Bart has superspeed.

Impulse comics were more fun than Flash ones

Yeah but the Flash ones were more interesting and well written. You win some you lose some when you make those tonal shifts.

>Barry's sperm has super speed
Must be one hell of a sperm race

>Asian girl gets the spotlight and powers
>Asian boy gets depowered and spends is days playing videogames
Godammit

Attached: 1446566453634.jpg (498x654, 226.86K)

Impulse and Green Lantern were the only DC books I read in the 90s besides Kingdom Come

He was going to become the new Turtle too iirc.

Possibly the worst collection of origins ever assembled

Could happen in 5G, was teased in Doomsday Clock

That is if 5G is even still happening, all we had were rumors and now it seems like it's either scrapped or scaled back.