Iron Man TAS was the best of the Marvel 1990s animated series

Iron Man TAS was the best of the Marvel 1990s animated series.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: Iron Man TAS.jpg (1280x720, 96.53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE
youtube.com/watch?v=0ubd0PjEw18
youtube.com/watch?v=BdddGIwANDE
youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ
drg4.dancemania-ex.com/eSurf19.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6mRLTt_kip8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was pretty slow and boring compared to Spider-Man but it was way more manly.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y63i2NR9-LE

>Marvel 1990s animated series.
Name five.

The first season was almost unwatchable, but season 2 was actually good and frequently slept on.
The Incredible Hulk cartoon was also really good, and season 2 of Fantastic Four was solid.

Spider-man was better.

Spider-Man
X-Men
Incredible Hulk
Iron Man
Fantastic Four

Season 2 would’ve been even better if they just cut all the heroes out except Rhodes and Tony.
The show doesn’t get enough credit for how cool their Mandarin take is, he was a badass villain.

>Season 2 would’ve been even better if they just cut all the heroes out except Rhodes and Tony.

I thought they did cut them out, it was just down to Tony, Rhodey, and Julia in the second season.

Always thought it was weird how they had Spider-Woman and a bunch of other randoms in it as main characters. What was up with that?

Spider-Man TAS exists

X-Men, Hulk, and Spider-Man were both better.

That was Force Works. Tony was a member at the time.

X men and Spider-Man exist.

This show got me into Marvel and solidified Iron Man as my favorite hero

Force Works but with Hawkeye and War Machine instead of US Agent or Wonderman.

Hulk & FF S2 were also fantastic

Loads of guest stars

X-Men and Spider-Man were top tier though.

Not bad.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-11-21-00h36m10s991.png (640x480, 323.02K)

>Always thought it was weird how they had Spider-Woman and a bunch of other randoms in it as main characters. What was up with that?
It was conceived of as an Avengers cartoon but since many of the "classic" Avengers characters like Thor and Cap were considered old-fashioned and lame in the 90s they revamped Avengers West coast into "Force Works" and tried to make it "cool".

Lack of coordination between the cartoon writers and comics writers resulted in different lineups, since the cartoon was in production far longer than the comics.

that explains a lot.

I didn't like season 1 but 2 is pretty awesome, i liked that there's an arc for Tony's self destructiveness, Rhodey and his fears and the Mandarin getting his powers back. Only complaint is I wish they kept Ed Gilbert as Mandarin for season 2, i thought his voice was more interesting for the role than Robert Ito.

It's funny how the first season was basically just a generic cartoon. You could have changed out a lot of names and it would have worked the same. The second season had people who knew more about the comics take over, and it shows.

The best Marvel TAS in the 90s was Spider-Man. Even with all the shit they had to put up with the channel they made a great run.

The same could be said about the Fantasic Four first and second seasons

All I want to know is what the FUCK did they do with Scarlet Witch? Even the MCU version is more accurate.

Attached: Scarlet_Witch_IM.jpg (250x190, 12.66K)

Iron Man
Fantastic Four
X-Men
Spider-Man
Spider-Man Unlimited
Avengers
Silver Surfer
Incredible Hulk

and kinda, sorta Ultraforce

Iron man TAS was one of the worst ones.
You know what was the best one?
Silver Surfer
youtube.com/watch?v=0ubd0PjEw18

Attached: silver-surfer.jpg (1200x680, 54.56K)

>It was conceived of as an Avengers cartoon but since many of the "classic" Avengers characters like Thor and Cap were considered old-fashioned and lame in the 90s they revamped Avengers West coast into "Force Works" and tried to make it "cool".

Thor and Cap weren't on Avengers West Coast though, and the membership of AWC just transfered over to Force Works. I think it's more of a license thing, like if you have Iron Man and a "Force Works" comic it won't get tangled with a Captain America and Avengers license that could be at Saban or something.

I wished they continued that, the bankruptcy really fucked everything up.

Honestly? I really prefer the season 1 FF intro theme to the season 2 FF intro.

There actually was a Force Works comic, and the characters from the cartoon match up with the comic. Mind you, Force Works' backstory was basically "the Avengers West Coast were shut down for being too dysfunctional, but Iron Man decided to make his own Avengers-esque team to fight major disasters", so...

>Thor and Cap weren't on Avengers West Coast though
No idiot, they were lame, hence the cartoon went the West Coast route with a few tweaks

You've got that a bit backwards.

The sequence of events started with the cartoon initiative. It was obvious how they would adapt their most popular properties since they were already popular, so they just did the X-Men and Spider-Man like they were in the comics. However when it came to making an Avengers-title cartoon they ran into a problem. A lot of the higher-ups at Marvel and especially the Marvel Entertainment folks making the cartoons had zero faith in any of the Avengers comics (Avengers, AWC, Cap, Thor, etc). They thought they were all "old-fashioned" and "corny" characters that kids didn't care about compared to the young hip X-Men and Spider-Man titles.

So they made a plan. They would transform one of the Avengers teams into a cool, edgy new team in the same way that Marvel had transformed the failing New Mutants into X-Force. And like with that they chose the secondary West Coast book so they could still publish a title named Avengers to keep the brand name going. They even directly aped X-Force in preliminary naming the new team "Force Works".

This was all WAY before the actual Force Works COMIC. In fact, the order to quickly change up the comic to provide synergy came down from up high in 1993 with little forewarning to the creative teams, even though the first episodes of the cartoon wouldn't air until 1994.

Roy Thomas who had been writing Avengers West Coast for a while by then with his wife Dann was asked to wrap up all his storylines by issue 100, then 101 would be a crossover with the X-Men and 102 would be a lead-in to the new comic. And it's super awkward because 102 comes RIGHT out of fucking nowhere with DnA writing and all this conflict out of left field causing Tony to disband the AWC and renaming them. And it also introduces Scarlet Witch's cartoon design early so kids won't be confused, again with no explanation.

IRL, West Coast Avengers was one of Marvel's lower selling titles, they relaunched it with a 1990s makeover as Force Works, with Iron Man as the headline character. Along with War Machine's solo book, Marvel were trying to make Iron Man into a franchise group of books.

Attached: RCO002_1467971140.jpg (1600x1247, 681.61K)

>There actually was a Force Works comic,

The comic came out first because of the much shorter production time, but Force Works was created for the cartoon first, then implemented into the comics for synergy.

>All I want to know is what the FUCK did they do with Scarlet Witch?
Like a lot of Marvel heroines, Wanda got redesigned in the early 1990s. The trends of the time were for Jim Lee or Rob Liefeld inspired tacticool uniforms, or for attempts to reach peak possible sexiness, like Black Cat and Invisible Woman. Somehow they chose neither of those, and instead decided Wanda should look like this. If this user is right, the look may have been created for the cartoon first. The comics eventually tried to do what they could with it, and let her grow her hair longer again, but changed the costume in 1995, possibly because the second season of Iron Man was dropping Force Works from the show.

The cartoon doesn't explain her or her powers, and often used her as a comedy character where the joke is that she's foreign.

Attached: scarlet witch 1 1993.jpg (1821x2800, 919.91K)

You are wrong, Iron Man TAS is the best animated series period.

>Best TAS of the 90's
>Marvel

Good save...

Attached: Bateyes.jpg (592x327, 49.97K)

>The cartoon doesn't explain her or her powers, and often used her as a comedy character where the joke is that she's foreign.

Oh God she's Starfire

youtube.com/watch?v=BdddGIwANDE

>blocks your path

Attached: image.jpg (780x438, 85.34K)

Wanda changed her look at around the final issue of Avengers West Coast #102, this would've been in 1993 but probably close to when the show was being worked on.

Attached: RCO003_1578462393.jpg (1600x1230, 733.16K)

>Fantastic 4

The Intro was fucking amazing, if the most campy shit ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=XggH5-vLlUQ

It's really fun to go back and enjoy all the pre MCU Iron Man stuff back nobody liked him.

The costume first appeared in a solo story in Marvel Comics Presents #143-144, both issues cover-dated December 1993. Avengers West Coast #102 and Scarlet Witch #1 were both cover-dated January 1994.

Attached: RCO002_1467438169.jpg (1053x1600, 174.28K)

I never even noticed the bull-shit rules when it was running. The thing about punching meant he actually used his fucking webbing.

T, Zoomer who doesn't know how she used to be.

I liked how shows that got more than 25 episodes got endings when they were trying to make their bullshit points. At least you know what would have happened in Spider-Man Unlimited, and can imagine that the Silver Surfer-verse re-Big Banged into the next Marvel continuity to come out after it.

I

AM

IRON MAN

I

AMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

IROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

No, season 2 was you fucking drongo

Wow...

>The costume first appeared in a solo story in Marvel Comics Presents #143-144, both issues cover-dated December 1993. Avengers West Coast #102 and Scarlet Witch #1 were both cover-dated January 1994.

So all those comics were out in November-December 1993. The cover date isn't when the comic is out, it's to tell the seller when to take the comic off the stands. How long does it take to make a comic, like two or three months? They probably designed it back in like August or something.

I just think that Surfer restored his universe to be the one you see in those Fox Kids commercials with Hank Hill.

Still, the plan they had was that they were going to introduce their version of the Fantastic Four, and reveal that the Surfer and Galactus were responsible for the Fantastic Four's creation this time around.

drg4.dancemania-ex.com/eSurf19.html

>Reed then explains the Fantastic Four's origin, how they went into space and were exposed to cosmic rays that turned them into something—forgive the obvious descriptor—fantastic. Ben Grimm became a rocky, superstrong Thing. Reed's body became completely malleable. Sue could turn invisible or create force fields. Johnny could fly and ignite becoming the Human Torch.

>Surfer replies that what they were exposed to was residue of the power cosmic from a battle between Galactus and himself.

>Nova notes that this means the Surfer created the Fantastic Four.

It's more that she's weird and has an accent, but they did have an actual alien on the team they could have done all this with.

Pre-production on the Force Works cartoon began in late 1992, so Wanda's new look was almost certainly tossed into the comics at the drop of a hat to prepare for it.

From a 1993 Marvel Age issue, it shows that the costume was originally going to keep her legs covered.

Attached: RCO004_1469444741.jpg (1013x1600, 701.77K)

The wording in that text piece is amazing.

> forgetting based silver surfer

She was never this weird in the comics.
youtube.com/watch?v=6mRLTt_kip8

The Hulk exists

If you look at the timing for the release of the comic and the cartoon you can see it's impossible for the toon to be based on the comics.

He asked for five. But the Silver Surfer show was pretty good. I like their Thanos.