How's Your Webcomic? #638

THREAD QUESTION: What are the Gods like in your comic? Is there any?
Alt Question: Comment on the last webcomic you read.

>/hyw/ CONTACT SHEET - add your webcomic site, contact information, etc
docs.google.com/document/d/1uwfOSHXfrgvcf--PkPz9jXL6p5RqIsrYvXYwgQpgT3k/edit

> DRAWING PRACTICE and TUTORIALS
ctrlpaint.com
drawabox.com/
line-of-action.com/
quickposes.com/en

> STOCK IMAGES and REFERENCE
People: deviantart.com/senshistock/gallery/
Scenery: shutterstock.com/
Character Design: pinterest.com/characterdesigh/

> FONTS
Blambot: blambot.com/
Create your own: calligraphr.com/en/

> WEBSITE
Easy to use tumblr webcomic theme: tumblr.com/theme/39018
Dos and Don'ts for starting a site: pastebin.com/raw/kNR2W5mV (embed)
Promoting your comic: miss-melee.tumblr.com/post/143483233951/a-guide-to-zero-cost-webcomic-promotion
this is a secret message. If you read it first, you are amazing and I owe you any drawing.

> ART and WRITING RESOURCES
makingcomics.com/
mediafire.com/folder/9pf1nwwa92lbp/Comics_for_making_Comics
archive.org/details/RobertMcKeeStorypdf/
courses.cs.washington.edu/courses/cse456/07su/administrative/invisible_ink_part_1.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_2.pdf
.../invisible_ink_part_3.pdf
pastebin.com/BSVaT7uQ (embed)
> PODCASTS and VIDEOS
chrisoatley.com/all-podcasts/
Basically how creativity works: youtube.com/watch?v=Pb5oIIPO62g
Terrible Writing Advice: youtube.com/channel/UC3ogrx6d9oohf6D42G44j1A

> Brush Packs
CSP: mega.nz/#F!5xlV2IzJ!bg8BZB-oYaVrmD31S3fJHw

previous thread:

Attached: 1583846633535.jpg (250x242, 33.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-righteous-maniacs/list?title_no=394476
tapas.io/episode/1041278
youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
webtoons.com/en/challenge/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury/list?title_no=303092
webtoons.com/en/challenge/omnifighters/introduction/viewer?title_no=189548&episode_no=1
tapas.io/series/Squires-for-Hire
squiresforhire.tumblr.com/
m.tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger
tapas.io/episode/1684296
capeworldcomics.com/
tapas.io/series/Sol_comic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/sol/list?title_no=375625
tapas.io/episode/1684487
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Page 17-18 is out, also I made some minor changes to page 16.
webtoons.com/en/challenge/the-righteous-maniacs/list?title_no=394476

Attached: Thumbnail 11.jpg (269x222, 24.63K)

>What are the Gods like in your comic? Is there any?
At the moment I haven't created any, but all of them would be obviously OP, some would be decent dudes who have good hearts, others would abuse their powers and make everyone around them fear them. A lot of the bad gods would probably have some seriously high bounties on their heads too.

tapas.io/episode/1041278
Gods are probably somewhere.
And I really don't remember when I last read someone else's. A friend of mine has an upcomig webcomic I intend to read, but it has been in development hell for five years.

I'd tally up what goes on a page. Then try to draw a prototype as fast as humanly possible. Spend at most a minute, don't erase, never look back. Fast, FAST!
When the prototype is done you can refine it into a clearer story board or whatever you choose call it.

I’ve always want to do a series of one-offs of raccoons trying to become a holiday’s mascot.

Attached: 091337D8-04D3-43C1-85AE-A05241E33540.jpg (989x1280, 352.42K)

Yes.

Yeah, boy. That's what it is...for now.

Thanks, I put a lot of thought on chapter's names.

So, you're moving to Oz? Great. You better start getting used to vegemite asap.
I have a friend moving over there in a few months as well, hit me up on discord and ask away if you feel like it.
Also, learn their anthem, highly recommended
youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s

You should schedule your updates weekly, burning out your backlog on daily basis won't do you any favors.
Plus your thumbnails don't make any sense, at least for me and can be uninsteresting for potential readers. I should know.

Attached: The plot thickens.jpg (680x2345, 256.01K)

All the pagan gods are part of the comic. Characters only are able to really interact with them if they are hallucinating, on drugs or in the middle of an epic jam solo. So far only Lugh the Irih god of music has shown up, when Servius was tripping on mushrooms. More gods will come. I want things to be like the Iliad.
webtoons.com/en/challenge/oi-tales-of-bardic-fury/list?title_no=303092

Attached: 21_22.jpg (800x616, 921.88K)

I still think Abby is the best idea on this thread.

Though Swords is probably the best comic

who's Abby?

In GWAG, there are a lot of gods because most of the religions were and are true, but in a weird way. I snipped off a few branches here and there, such as the apocalypse.

>What are the Gods like in your comic?
I feel very strongly about God being simultaneously ambiguous and everywhere, especially in fiction. In the Concord Initiative, God has been most notably perceived as a Father and Daughter, known as The Diad. Cosmologically, The Father shields mortals from the worst of the pitiless universe, and The Daughter sacrifices herself to bless mortals with her blood. Like a lot of the Concord Initiative, it’s sort of an Alt History. Osvaldo and Dauntina are in many ways a gender bent Catholicism.

The core dogmatic elements remain the same: that, unthinkably, God willingly chose to die for lowly, pathetic mortals, to share in the unjust misery of mortal life, and to illustrate that people did not need to live in selfish terror of suffering. The victory over death is the same—that the fear of death does not need to be the cornerstone of mortal life. Even Dauntina, the Sister of Men, suffers and dies for eternity, and Her endless pain and inevitable death are made precious, sacred, and meaningful.

As in Catholicism, the core of Osvaldic faith is Sacrifice. Like the sacrifice of Osvaldo to take the brunt of the universe’s merciless cruelty, to protect His daughter and mortals, and like the sacrifice of Dauntina, to give up Her divinity and immortality and seemingly debase herself by submitting to pain and death.

God, Faith, and Religion are at the core of The Concord Initiative, and while I am much more sympathetic of organized religion and religion in general, I can confidently say there is nothing didactic or proselytizing about the Concord Initiative.

Attached: A6AF2C7B-0234-46AF-A88B-93448247C9B7.png (940x940, 670.67K)

Omnifighters takes place in a utopian world, in this world superpowered beings called Omnifighters and regular humans live together in a mostly peaceful society. Everything seems to be going well at first but as the story goes on more chaos starts emerging, will Wendy and her friends become victorious against all the looming threats?

webtoons.com/en/challenge/omnifighters/introduction/viewer?title_no=189548&episode_no=1

Attached: Arridelle drinking v2 DA M.png (900x900, 629.28K)

Haven't really decided if I want gods in my fantasy setting yet. At the very least the kingdom the story takes place in was founded by a circle of legendary knights who are basically deified by its citizens. I've only come up with a couple of names so fair, St. Briar and St. Sibyl. I don't think religion will come up very much in the story but the characters will say things like "Sweet St. Sibyl! What's going on here?!"

Also new page is up! God damn I missed writing these two together. I always get to draw the best expressions on Beatrice when Morgan's around.

tapas.io/series/Squires-for-Hire
squiresforhire.tumblr.com/

Attached: Page 37.jpg (940x1367, 488.25K)

Mobile Shill Posting
m.tapas.io/series/Tad-Danger-Substitute-Ranger

There are mostly characters trying to be gods, rather than traditional gods.
There is a plotline I have later involving the Toxic Triumvirate, a trio of poisonous elder gods that are summoned from the Nuke-ronomicon. Sinfection, god of disease, Blasvenomous, god of natural poisons, and Herecidic, god of pollution.
Pic related is Sinfection.

Attached: 20200314_120710.jpg (3264x2448, 2.86M)

How can I use my comic as a chance to get a job? I'd like to work on a game dev studio or something similar, the problem is I don't have much options in where I live and basically (speaking of comics) I'm on my own. My only "tools" rn are twitter and this thread.

Attached: me.png (512x512, 24.3K)

NekomaT.A. mostly has Eldritch, Lovecraftian entities and ancient horrors that sort of exist outside of the universe and in other spaces.

Verboten probably has a more traditional setup. The first Civilization in the universe was a pantheon of Gods. The main villain is actually an entity from the very first universe, who sort of became the God of Time and Space.

Attached: 1583531578505.jpg (810x1115, 605.55K)

New Stardust, now with Aztec star demons!

Check it out on our new and improved website or tapas!

tapas.io/episode/1684296

capeworldcomics.com/

Attached: 10 preview.png (1138x638, 242.68K)

I might myself on the docs now, if its okay guys.

Attached: 282cac7861277938428d5e83707491e8.png (600x910, 745.14K)

I love this, just read the whole thing

Speaking of infections, I am concepting a new Kaiju that I might use. Its name is Blight Blood Cell. It's a massive T Cell that sees the entire world as an infection to be eliminated.
I wanted it to be more than a blob monster so I included a halo and cadeceus spikes to make it creepier.

Attached: 20200314_125227.jpg (3264x2448, 2.81M)

Yooo thanks bruh,I hope you like what I got in store. I just finished writing out the scripts for the rest of the chapter, I'm excited for where this is heading.

Any chance for old-school Star Trek energy gods to show up in Nekoma T.A. ? Also, how goes the catfight entry?

>You should schedule your updates weekly, burning out your backlog on daily basis won't do you any favors.
>Plus your thumbnails don't make any sense, at least for me and can be uninsteresting for potential readers. I should know.

Interesting, I see. Thanks

In issue 4 of Admiral pizza three giant creatures hijack oil tankers across the world to ignite ww3. Eons ago during the fall of Atlantis the 3 creatures where created as bio weapons. Superior genes create superior ambition. After Atlantis sank they commanded and controlled the survivors to worship them as gods. They forced them to mine radioactive ore to feed them. They would nap, and centuries later awake and repeat the process. One day they awoke..the people worshipping them..long gone. The place was trashed..a mutated man with the ability to speak with animals tells them the tale of a devastating weapon..with an immense nuclear glow..the creatures want that power..

Attached: AP4PG21.png (1200x1950, 1.85M)

> What are the Gods like in your comic? Is there any?

I’m not sure at the moment about gods in this comic but demons do exist. They hail from the infernal nether, a dimension where demons and ghouls call home.

Or something like that.

Attached: 58E4A3F0-2E51-4817-8D3D-85A976A88881.png (2150x3329, 3.15M)

Coping with the coronavirus sports suspension

Attached: Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 12.03.50 PM.png (501x800, 251.48K)

That reminds me, how y’all guys doing with the whole virus situation? My college recently wanted to try out online classes in case things get worse.

Everything shut down for two weeks, so I'm doing nothing but drawing.

All the schools in my area among other places have been shut down, but thankfully there isn't an abundance of confirmed cases here at the moment. Hoping for the best!

Also I really like your lineart. Very clean!

Thank you!, still trying to get the rest done by Sunday I guess but I don’t too well lately.

Gotta catch up on assignments and doing art on the side. I don’t mind but I feel bored for some reason.

She has time powers?

Attached: 1467395596308.png (1000x1194, 905.21K)

I really like the idea of starting off well into the hero's career, so the story can get straight to the adventures. Origin comes later.

>I don’t mind but I feel bored for some reason.
I bet normalfags must be out of their minds rn

If she does, she sure picked a bad time to travel to haha!

cover of next kitty jenkins book

Attached: ENDOFPUFULL.jpg (2203x3106, 1.9M)

>Deepest lore with all the pics
>That extra Rau bullying

Imagine I posted the ultrakek Priest pic, I'm at work now.

>Kitty Jenkins
>Apocalypse Meow
>memetard Eva reference
... I hate you and everything you stand for.

"Apocalypse Meow" was the english title for Motofumi Kobayashi's "Cat Shit One" manga, published by ADV back in the day. Flipped and all.

Smart writing. More people should do this.

>Ben 10 but a girl is the best idea
>Swords is the best comic

Attached: You idiot.jpg (460x366, 22.66K)

Lots of people do
Ty!
I should probably change the name then

Armeowgeddon
Ragnyarok
Purrdition

My story will have gods but they haven't been introduced yet.
tapas.io/series/Sol_comic
webtoons.com/en/challenge/sol/list?title_no=375625

Attached: Sol.png (3000x3000, 2.26M)

Nah, keep the name if it feels good. Change it if a lawyer shows up, which is unlikely as ADV ceased to exist over a decade ago and the manga only had a very small print run.

Its a fun read

Holy shit

'nother panel wip
Robot girl who likes going to the arcade.

Attached: file.png (861x521, 293.61K)

Side note, are arcades still a thing today?

Ratnorak was the planned name of the original concept but it's not about rats anymore and is going to be more like purrvana
>Purrgatory

Has she played this?

Attached: Admiralpizzathearcadegameadd.png (1290x1950, 1.81M)

Barcades are

Never underestimate the power of sword puns

This girl. Basically Ben ten but as a 13 year old.

Attached: D423C32A-C2C6-4F8E-91A7-9263E8D97122.png (2150x3329, 3.27M)

page 3/17 finished a couple days ago.

dispite being called "Satan" he's the closest thing to god that the devils moon universe has. He just judges and chooses which afterlife people get. world eater would be closer to what we call Satan or the ruler of hell but only because he's the biggest baddest demon in that realm.

Attached: unknown-1.png (662x950, 267.26K)

This is just Gwen 10?

Have you considered turning down the brightness and saturation just a tad? It's unironically hard to look at.

Mine's just low-key christian, but there's plenty of powerful fairies calling themselves gods a la Gargoyles.

Only with monster girls yea... (this is why I label it a fan comic honestly)

I would love that. which holiday?

Reposting Namini, one of the protagonists of my next comic. Lacks the star embroidery in her clothes but whatever.

I like this style. Racoons are coote.

I have high hopes for vegemite honestly, feels like something I could like.
I leave on september/october, although the visa process could means a destination change in the last second.

No satan? Or Anti-god.

Love the Aztec demon design.

Attached: penta namini.png (548x875, 409.3K)

Oh and, IM SHILLING

tapas.io/episode/1684487

Attached: 27.png (918x1263, 1023.85K)

Gods are beings from the astral unconscious. All the gods that ever were and will be exist in the astral unconscious repeating their stories and blending with one another. The gods that materialize within the physical universe are vectors for their true enormity.

This can lead to gods with similar stories temporarily merging with each other as Pele did with the Inuit goddess Sedna. They were both goddesses exiled from their families, and their collective sorrow drove Pele to run off into space and cry when they seperated. This caused the birth of one of her daughters, Kai.

Gods are also aware of each other. They experience the thoughts and feelings of similar gods as dreams or vague memories. Part of why Pele chose to focus on her earth incarnation is because she knew how alien races conceived of her and didn't like it--as a tyrant star chained by dyson ring for instance.

Gods can also suffer radical, sometimes VERY radical, changes in personality. Zeus can go from being a pure avenger of justice to a complete monster of a tyrant in a blink of an eye. Because of the potential danger of such a switch in personality, many gods manifest by combining with a human mind as what happened with the Thor of the 1940's did as well as Kyarr and Kyaung. The human mind provides a source of stability and prevents personality drifting

No reason why you can't kick Ben 10 to the curb and call it your own. It's not like Ben 10 was original. It was Dial H with Green Lantern's origin and the RV from the live action Shazam show.

Attached: Kamalani Ahi.png (580x1170, 490.42K)

She likes just her face and knees tanned.

>he reads censored Squires for Hire and not the nudist version

hmm interesting. it's hard to see a drippy humanoid as a leukocyte. I would expect it to be more like a giant nudibranch or something

it's made up
but anyway I already can't leave the house due to crime, so no change.

This is amazing and looks super cool except the weird little Wooldor nose on the critter