ITT: Straight-to-video sequels that are actually decent

>ITT: Straight-to-video sequels that are actually decent

I watched this with my sister's kids the other day and I was kinda surprised by how nice it was. The Lion King, Lilo and Stitch, and Aladdin ones weren't too bad either.

Attached: 101d2.jpg (359x334, 50.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dz6Qi5Y210A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Peter Pan 2, Cinderella 3, Bambi 2

It probably helps that the original was so boring basically anything can pass as better

Also I'm pretty sure it had some of the same writers as the television show

Most of Disney's direct-to-video sequels that I've seen felt tolerable enough to me. However, I really grew to dislike the constant theme of "the original movie's main character has a kid who wants something different".

Bambi 2's animation looked nice and it had some sweet character moments. I liked how Cinderella 3 used a time-travel fix-it scheme (I'm a huge sucker for those), did a redemption arc for a villain (I love that plot element as well), and fleshed out some characters that were a bit shallow in the original movie.

Attached: Cinderella III A Twist In Time (2007).jpg (1904x1072, 233.66K)

King of thieves is kino, return of jafar not so much.

Cinderella 3 is unironically great.

Attached: Rescuers-down-under-disneyscreencaps.com-3995.jpg (1808x1080, 324.87K)

Aladdin and the King of Thieves is straight to video kino.

>great songs
>great visuals
>great plot
>Iago got to have a leading role without being tied to Jafar

Great movie.

Attached: 4B080DFE67874BDAA0A192D0050F6128.png (852x613, 394.11K)

That one doesn't really count. It was part of the WDAS line-up and it got a theatrical release; OP asked for direct-to-video movies.

Attached: bambi 2.jpg (1280x720, 94.57K)

Every part of Lilo and Stitch including tv series was at least good and enjoyable.
Cindrella 3 is great, also have good songs.

The only outright bad disney direct to video sequels are cinderella 2, mulan 2, and little mermaid 2.

the rest are totally fine if not outright good

debate me

Whats your take on notre dame 2

Decent, or unoffensive and forgettable.

There's really only several categories of Straight-to-video sequels for Disney:

>1: They're finally getting married (or) the kids of the original characters learn the same lesson their parents did. (See: Lion King 2, Little Mermaid 2, Peter Pan 2, Hunchback 2, Lady and the Tramp 2)

>2: It's a midquel or prequel that happens adjacent to the plot of the original movie and doesn't really change our perceptive of the protagonists. (Bambi 2, Fox and Hound 2, Ariel's Beginning, Tarzan 2, Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas)

>3: It's the first five episodes of a proposed TV show that got cobbled it together to make a movie. It's got TV stakes and TV budget. (Atlantis: Milo's Return, Hercules: Zero to Hero, Mighty Ducks the Movie: The First Face-Off)

>4: "more stuff just happens" that don't involve the kids of the protagonists but it's the original cast back and doing stuff. (Cinderella II and III, Leroy & Stitch, Brother Bear 2, Mulan 2, Tarzan and Jane)

Admittedly 1 and 4 are very similar.

Much worse than the original but also barely long enough to even count as a movie. I think it's watchable but I honestly forgot it existed until literally right now. I suppose it probably counts as one of the shitty ones.

I actually in hindsight appreciate that instead of limiting itself to unambitious filler, it went balls out with everything. It's a totally different tone from the original, yet comes out oddly entertaining, and as has been pointed out in this thread, did actually flesh out characters.

It's also a fun finale to the series starting with the movie and moving on to the show (I consider RoJ less a movie than the show's pilot) that puts its own spin on The Last Crusade, brings back Robin Williams, and even has some decent songs.

Let's pretend it never happened.

what about brother bear 2

*Return to Never Land, Cinderella III, Bambi II

Attached: Pacha pissed.jpg (1920x1080, 116.24K)

Disney direct-to-DVD sequels are either great or terrible. Also, Kronk’s gf was cute.

Attached: steamy baking.webm (1280x720, 257.32K)

L-lewd...

Do the toy story short films count?
They were kinda fun.

My nigga. Lady and the Tramp 2 was also underrated.

*Lady and the Tramp II

Why does Lilo and Stitch 2 get left out a lot when it comes to discussing the Direct to DvD sequels?
It was intended for theatre release but it still counts right?

>It was intended for theatre release
It was?

Attached: 320F09CE-9481-4DEC-9648-70E5103275CF.png (1440x1080, 1.92M)

Not that user, but I both liked and disliked it. It had some good character moments that I enjoyed, but it also had a plot/ending that seemed a bit strange to me.

Attached: she wants the bear dick.jpg (1280x720, 151.08K)

>she wants the bear dick
Did... did she really?

Sorry, it’s been a while since I saw Brother Bear 2.

Attached: A1D80615-6BD5-4B05-8023-7673B38B2401.jpg (1024x768, 108.8K)

she lets herself be turned into a bear too so yes she wants it

She got it that bad, huh?

Attached: A4482AA5-6BBD-4E74-94FD-5E489433A32F.gif (334x446, 1.51M)

More Disney sequels were supposed to come out to theaters like Return to Never Land and Jungle Book 2 did, but the latter being a flop had Disney scrap that idea.

Yeah. There's this human guy who got turned into a bear and then he meets this human girl who used to like him years ago back when they were both just children, and then they discover they still have feelings for one another even though the guy is now a bear, and in the end she decides to get herself turned into a bear too so that they can be together. Does it count as bestiality, or is it okay if both of them got turned into bears? I just don't know how to feel about it.

Attached: bb2.jpg (1280x720, 94.08K)

>why the fuck does the guy don't turn into a guy again

He did get offered the chance to turn back into a human in both movies. But he decided to stay as a bear so that he could take care of the little bear cub he had accidentally orphaned.
It's a weird choice though. Choosing to stay as a bear affects the remaining decades of his life, whereas the bear cub would've grown up and been able to take care of himself in just a couple of years. The guy could've just stayed as a human and taken the cub as a pet or something.

Attached: hug.jpg (1280x720, 117.33K)

oldest recorded bear was around 40

I don't know if Kenai was gonna have a human or bear lifespan, but either way, apparently he felt that protecting a bear cub for a couple of years was worth losing his humanity for the rest of his life. Nevermind that Koda was more competent at living in the wilderness than Kenai was, which makes me wonder if he even needed protection.

>it went balls out with everything
I think it's interesting and kind of bold that it retconned the first movie's ending. Because of time-travel shenanigans, Cinderella and the prince didn't get together the way they originally did in the first movie. They get asked
>Would you like me to return you to your former lives?
but they have no knowledge of the original timeline, so they reject the offer to undo everything that happened.

Attached: c3.jpg (1904x1072, 234.26K)

It was very surprising and bold. I liked it.

>my sister's kids
So this is the new cuck meme? Not funny.

Speaking of "main character has a kid who wants something different" movies, I remember liking pic related as a kid, but I haven't seen it in years and don't want to track it down, can anyone say if it's actually decent or not?

Attached: Balto-ii-wolf-quest.jpg (1215x1733, 302.81K)

Why does everything have to be a meme? Interacting with family members is normal and it's perfectly plausible that OP really did sit down and watch some Disney movies with his nieces/nephews.

Cinderella is cute! CUTE!

Attached: 1492482750416.jpg (1330x748, 98.21K)

songs are good, plot is mediocre compared to the first movie but not that bad. I give it a 6/10, it's okay but kind of forgettable.
also there's a third movie, it's garbage. only waifufags will touch this shit because of the big tits goose and the dog that looks exactly like the girl wolf from the second movie.

Attached: 44.jpg (500x750, 85.82K)

cute feet

Attached: Dwight White.jpg (284x284, 9.16K)

C3 was just plain great.

>whereas the bear cub would've grown up and been able to take care of himself in just a couple of years
They're bears not reptiles. The people who run Bearizona make it pretty clear to visitors that bears don't run on instinct and have to be raised to fend for themselves by parents or keepers.

>C3
Lazy zoomer.

Ok, boomer

Hurry up and post the sexy goose already

Seconding, I wanna see what this user’s talking about

I was not prepared for MILF Wendy in Return to Neverland. UNF!

Attached: wendy-peter-pan-in-return-to-neverland-31580051-1208-966.png.cf.png (500x399, 188.74K)

That gerbil was a wake up call to many young women.

My favorite aladdin movie. Robin Williams was a class act as usual and the songs are entertaining as fuck.

Koda was raising Kenai more than Kenai actually managed to raise Koda, though. Kenai didn't know how to live as a bear until Koda taught him stuff, one of his first actions as a bear was getting himself into a trap, and he failed to sense an armed human nearby more than once before Koda did. And the only reason Koda even got targeted by hunters was because of his association with Kenai. Plus the adult bears all liked Koda, and they wouldn't have threatened to kill him like real bears do to cubs sometimes.
The movies made it look like Koda would've handled himself fine alone, or maybe as human Kenai's temporary pet.

Balto 2 was shit, but I thought Balto 3 was an improvement. And not because of goose tits.
It pissed me off that Balto 2 made it look like Balto was a loner outcast again and the first movie's events apparently didn't matter. The movie also featured this "ooooh isn't this mystical" bullshit that IMO got just annoying and didn't really work in the setting.
While Balto 2 revolved around Balto's wolf heritage and spiritual elements, Balto 3 was more grounded; it was about his dog heritage and his place in the human community. It made the point that Balto had earned everyone's respect, but he kept his distance as his own choice rather than because people or other dogs didn't want him around. That fixed things somewhat (although it still doesn't mean the movie was good or anything).

Still, here are the infamous goose tits for the anons who asked to see those.

Attached: goose tits.webm (600x336, 2.89M)

Absolute bottom of the pile. Offensively, unaccountably, bewilderingly bad.

>This program has been sponsored by sand! It's everywhere get use to it.

That whole sequence is one of those magical scenes that only get funnier the older you become.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dz6Qi5Y210A

I'd add Notre Dame 2 into that list.
Also, I have a vague memory of finding a Beauty and the Beast sequel boring. But wikipedia says the movie had two direct-to-video sequels, and I can't remember for sure which one I saw.

Attached: The Little Mermaid 2 2000 720p.mkv_snapshot_00.19.40.jpg (1280x720, 146.28K)

why is ariel's daughter so plain looking when her two parents are gorgeous

Original 101 Dalmatians is animation kino, m8. The xerography process changed animation while cutting costs, but also accentuated pencil lines which created a very hazy and grungy feel to 101 Dalmatians. The film is also legitimately funny, you just got shit taste.

Little Mermaid 2 has MILF Ariel though.

Some sequels added some pretty fun new OCs. I liked this guy.

Attached: 101 dals 2.jpg (1280x720, 211.27K)

And this one.

Attached: poca 2.jpg (1280x720, 175.11K)