Gets a successful book series to write

>Gets a successful book series to write
>Complains because it's not "what she wanted"
>Won't stop throwing a hissy fit
What's her deal? Just because she wrote children's fiction doesn't mean her career is on a permanent fix, Richard Donner directed The Omen and that didn't stop him from doing Superman

Attached: DianeS6.png (281x500, 74.11K)

She'd spent most of her life thinking that her trauma is what gave her worth as a writer and wanted to express it through a memoir. Her not being able to express her trauma through writing and finding out that her comparatively safe, child-friendly scripts were way better made her come to terms with the fact that her trauma had no benefit at all and her shitty childhood was just a shitty childhood. It's in the title of the episode.

She's a writer.
Do you know how many writers think they're failures? Just because they didn't have a book out by nineteen on the basis that Mary Shelly wrote and publishes Frankenstein before she had even hit her twenties? All artists impose weird restrictions on themselves, before they've even begun.

There's not enough lewd art of fat Diane.

>What's her deal?

she suffers from clinical depression

Aspiring writer here. Can confirm this exactly.

>come to terms with the fact that her trauma had no benefit at all and her shitty childhood was just a shitty childhood.
Damn.

Attached: 1464072165398.jpg (396x282, 54.45K)

She's not happy because she knows the truth about herself. Deep down she knows no matter whether she's trying to save the world or search for personal fulfillment, she's devalued the people closest to her, the people she's had the most impact on. It's why she was writing "I'm terrible" over and over again instead of her book. It's why on the roof, she was torn between believing it's not her job to save BoJack and thinking maybe it's everybody's job to save each other, and this was her point of greatest visible consternation.

She betrayed BoJack's trust early in their relationship by writing a book that wasn't what they agreed upon, and then when he got angry about this, she did it again by leaking it to Buzzfeed, and she was basically rewarded for this. Later, after attempting to save the world by documenting humanitarian efforts, she found herself unable to go through with it, so she lapsed into an unhealthy codependent binge with BoJack while lying to her husband about where she was, because she couldn't deal with her own moral failings. Later, after that relationship didn't work out, she slept with her ex again, who was already in a relationship with a new girlfriend. When she got a glimpse of what Bojack might have done in New Mexico, she vindictively, unprofessionally, and in the wake of being mad at BoJack for messing up her therapist/patient relationship, added details of this real event to the script she was working on to confront him, further damaging her friend and coworker's already frayed perception of reality. At every turn, while she spends her life trying to do some big important world-changing work, she hurts the people she has a most direct effect on, so it's good that her "happy ending" is doing some successful but ultimately fluffy work, while simply being good to one guy and his son. The only dent in her conclusion is her knowledge of her relationships in her "LA years".

what did the letter said? will penny's story never be brought up? were the rwporters just alled it a day?

This. I think a lot of us like to think our shitty pasts make us interesting but sometimes a shitty past is just a shitty past and you gotta move on and not let it define you.

i can understand her. i made comics but always wanted to do one what i would call my "magnum opus" but i can't get to fully land the story enough for me to start it while other stories i thought about were simply thought so well without any second doubts so but i still want to do the one i want to do, the one i thought about for so many years

>her only hurdle was realizing she needed antidepressants.
>writers literally designed a perfect boyfriend for her

I had my fustrations over DIane but this episode honestly made me love her. Trauma isn't inspiring and her whole development of her realizing this was satisfying.

Reminds me of that awful Marvel comic where Moon Girl actually ASKS her teacher to be prejudiced "suffering is what makes people great".

shes fucked in the head
she intelectualizes everything as a defense mechanism at the same time feeling helpless then she blames others for her feelings and then goes back to navel gazing
still want to grab those love handles in doggy style

Iron Heart, not Moon Girl.

Attached: OppressMe.jpg (2500x1286, 2.46M)

so what happened to hollyhock? did she simply cut all ties to bojack for good?

The relationship with the Bison was too perfect, she’s have had a conniption of Mr. PB sent her teen mall detective draft to PC.

you'll have to find out next seas-
oh wait, their union caused them to cancel and finish the show in this season

Don't care, the sheer awfulness of this page makes me never want to read it. Not even to laugh at it.

Yep, despite foisting herself on him when she thought he was her dad for more than two months, she decided that here-say from some stranger at a college party was worth more than talking to her brother.

If it makes you feel better she’s based on the writer’s daughter, and did not catch on.

Yeah. The show wanted to make it clear that Bojack didn't deserve to be happy because he mistreated women.

The infamous spread that makes her look like a future super villain instead of the new iron woman.

>she decided that here-say from some stranger at a college party was worth more than talking to her brother.
That wasn't what pushed her away entirely though. It made her uneasy and feel uncomfortable of his clingyness but she didn't hate him.

It was the interview and all his bad shit coming to light that pushed it.

Weinstein saying he identified with Bojack really did a number on the writers eh?

They could have talked thing out earlier, like when he came to her and asked if they were having a fight. But she just disengaged even though he wanted to be a part of his sisters life.

theyre pretty full of shit considering half of hollywood acts/acted like weinstien while the other half keeps their mouth shut while it goes on

was it me or was Penny's mother planned to do something? Penny simply moved on but i think the show implied her mother was going to do something about it

Penny's mother didn't want anything to do with it. She wanted her daughter to move on and forget about it. She EXPLICITLY didn't want Penny airing their dirty laundry because she felt awful about inviting Bojack into her life. Penny was the one that wanted to blame Bojack for everything bad that ever happened.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the ending treated Bojack fair. He went to prison, something that should've happened anyway and when he got out he still has support from his friends. He suffered but it wasn't life-long and the show made it clear that his career is still ongoing and has a chance to be better.

>Shelley
>She

the new season is out? So what's the main thesis on Bojack? So far all the storylines and side-characters have had rather nihilistic outcomes. Characters don't seem to have much room for improvement as much as they seem to deserve judgement and punishment over rehabilitation

What was her name user?

Diane Nguyen, you passive aggressive twat. Not everything is personal, sometimes it's just a character analysis.

TL;DR is that he's matured and is ultimately in a far better place than he was in earlier seasons. He's lost Hollyhock and Diane intends to end their friendship as well, but he manages to part on good terms with the latter and his other friends show they still want to support him. He's broke and his career was ruined for a spell, but it's back on the uptake and the fickleness of the public ensured that all the awful shit he did was forgotten. He could relapse and fuck up again, but its treated more as a possibility that BoJack will always have to face as a recovering addict rather than a bleak inevitability, and as Todd reminds him, he'll just recover and learn from his mistakes.

Illustrator here
>tfw I constantly criticize myself to the point where I get depressed and don't do anything instead of consistently drawing
How do I make the negative thoughts stop?

Attached: sad pup.jpg (1024x677, 39.94K)

MrPB will never leave bojack, they might wnd up being fwb once bojack leaves prison and has nowhere to live.
PC already knew everything Bojack did but still held something for him even thought a marriage is not possible but she srill cared for him, so had Diane until the voicemail incident, in her case is just building bridge again
Todd has no more reason to distance from bojack as he is already independent

I really have to admit, that despite Todd being pretty insufferable the last 3 seasons, the ending did do him well

bruh just draw what you want. you'll never be good at it if you don't do it constantly

that's still rather bleak as far as a portrayal of society and main characters go, but I get Bojack had to answer for his mistakes. Even if mistakes can never truly be erased or forgiven. I was hoping the series would end with a more insightful message than that, but I imagine the writers wrote themselves into a corner around season 4 with Bojack's direction

It’s gonna partly define me, without it, I’d be someone else. That’s how childhoods work

Exactly. He lost his best friend for fucking up hard but still has support in his life.And it's not like Diane deciding to cut off Bojack was for no reason.

Bojack ended in a decent spot all things considering.

>the struggles of an upper middle class writer

the ending was bittersweet. it wasn't neither good nor bad but i take that ending because in all honestly there was norhing else to explore already

substance abuse
alcoholism
works until you get a DUI

her family is white trash, shes more hmong than viet
shes pretty upwardly mobile

>her trauma

Attached: dfgh68bgvf.jpg (225x225, 4.58K)

>white trash
>gooks
?

>getting blackout drunk while watching sports while family member's dead body rots

Shes a fictional character and everything in this show is contrived and unrealistic for the sake of there being a show

She really shouldn’t have cut her hair

Did you actually finish the series, or are you just here to complain about something the show actually fucking addressed?

>gook words but a chicken/pork/beef guy!

she wanted to be pseudo deep. in the end she realized that the children book can be deep and life chaning too (the boyfriends son liked the book, kinda) i think its the last Realisation in her character arc, that getting something different than you think you look for can acutelly be more satisfiyng

Stop going to /ic/ and post in /woya/ on Yas Forums instead. Don't try to be the next somebody else and draw for the sake of drawing.

I think I'm a failure because of weird /x/ tier shit

so who was at fault here? was it penny for trying to prove she was "mature" for her age by sleeping with bojack?
or did bojack secretly called for penny to come to his boat?
because nothing really happened and if it was the former then penny shouldn't be feeling like a victim

This page would be great if it were ironic and pointing out the flaws in victim mentality but Bendis was absolutely being sincere.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised about this new twist as I watched.

Can we stop? Weinstein is bad. End of story

the ending felt really weird.
im not saying it was shit, but it gave an odd feeling. like there was a closure but not the one you expected but it was a nice closure. I really felt like Diane at that moment. i lived in LA but i don't feel too nostalgic about the place. I really wished they ended with Impossible by Lyla Foy