Bodyswap episode, but every character retains their voice and some distinct detail of their former selves

>Bodyswap episode, but every character retains their voice and some distinct detail of their former selves.
They always do this! While I understand that it is done in order to avoid confusion it doesn't make it less stupid. I'd be fine with them keeping some minute detail like eye colour, but vocal chords? Wildest thing is that no other character ever notices the voice/apearance change!

Attached: IMG_20200308_003753.jpg (333x540, 86.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4uGThCTuTWE
youtube.com/watch?v=n3BNI97AY6c
youtube.com/watch?v=q3wybys9ULA
youtube.com/watch?v=cgLEVZ_fvYs
thewatchcartoononline.tv/girls-bravo-season-2-episode-1-english-dubbed-2
youtube.com/watch?v=Q2oyY5E_Xn4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its a brain just watch your cartoon off and turn

It’s a shame since, as someone else pointed out, it’s a good way for actors to show off their acting chops.

Clearly, you should turn yours on. Besides, there's only so much disbelief I can suspend.

I feel the same way, but there are two probable reasons why vocal cords are almost always swapped:

1) Like you said, it keeps the audience from becoming confused about which character is which.

2) The actors aren’t skilled enough to emulate a different character, so it’s easier for everyone involved in the recording process (actors, voice directors, editors) to just keep all actors assigned to their usual characters.

But I will say that I love when visual cues are tweaked to each character’s design. Pic related and the swapped facial details in “Once Upon a Swap” are always fun to see.

I desperately want to fuck Eda, hnnnghhh

Attached: 5200BAC6-5D0E-4E30-9195-A8F8945121AD.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

I want to fuck that bee

>ywn be that suit

Attached: B36B0C70-DFEB-4B44-B69F-3C697F5FE21E.gif (500x281, 1.19M)

It would be so nice to see each VA doing their interpretation of the other VA's performance. Best depiction I've seen of the trope was in Farscape, which involves two puppet characters, so it's like 10% Yas Forums.

youtube.com/watch?v=4uGThCTuTWE

>The actors aren’t skilled enough to emulate a different character
Aren't actors just reading a script which was given to them by the screen/dialogue writers? Expressing emotions of different characters isn't that difficult, especialy if it's literally your job and even if actors for some reason had trouble staying true to the character it's possible to play it off as host's body influencing character that inhabits it to act in a way it's "supposed to".

Harvey Beaks did bodyswapping correctly (original kept voice AND appearance and had the actors imitate each others' delivery), what other instances are there? It feels like it's much more common to get it wrong

It’s sad only Steven Universe lately has done this right. Keeping the same VAs but changing body language and tone.

Yeah, not getting ripped to shreds must really suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=n3BNI97AY6c

Yeah, I know. It's Yas Forums. And yes, I know, it's Fairy Tail, but this is pretty mcuh what people want, right?

Would anyone have fucked Eda King?

Which is why it pisses me off that very few cartoons ever allow it to happen. If these actors really aren’t able to pretend to be a different character for ONE EPISODE, then they’re pretty shit at their job.

Kudos to Matthew Moy for accurately mimicking Steven Prime’s childish goofiness.

Attached: 172DF7C9-791A-4977-97F7-5C78B88FBC93.png (1920x1090, 1.42M)

>no scene of a girl checking out how big a guys junk is and going "called it!" waiting to gossip with her friends.

> If these actors really aren’t able to pretend to be a different character for ONE EPISODE, then they’re pretty shit at their job.
I think it's would be pretty excusable. It only becomes bad if they keep messing it up in multiple episodes.

Now this was a bodyswap performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=q3wybys9ULA

I’d rather not answer that question...

Attached: 2E54FFD8-B53B-4BCA-93C1-7F51CB2F42E0.png (1920x1080, 2.18M)

It's frighting how much some eye lashes could do. Damn.

Transformers rescue bots did it right

Attached: Switcheroo_Chase_and_Frankie.jpg (766x719, 79.65K)

That's actually something someone would totally do if they were swapped with someone of a different sex.

Harvey Beaks had a body swapping episode? Why don’t I remember that?

Attached: 5B16AFB4-FA66-490A-AB5D-2C58B36999B3.jpg (797x447, 69.85K)

Excuse me sir but this is a no "Steven Universe" thread, I must ask you to go with us.

Attached: IMG_20200308_013642.jpg (640x457, 59.78K)

They used magic and replaced the eyes already. How is replacing vocal cords such a stretch?

>*ywn bee that suit

Attached: AC1B4CDA-8489-4496-A1C0-873A43FC72E1.png (944x609, 691.19K)

I know it's not Yas Forums, but Stargate SG1 did it really well in two ways, on two separate occasions.
First time it happened, all actors put in the accents/inflections of other characters, and did it really well.
The other time, we - the viewers - would see the actor who plays the 'mind' inside the body, simply wearing a different costume. But in every scene that was showing somebody else's point of view, or through the lens of a camera, it would show the body's actor.

Yeah, Harvey and Princess switched bodies. It was early season 2 IIRC

Justice League Unlimited did it correctly.

Rosenbaum got to play two versions of Lex Luthor and I will always love that.

Attached: 9T_fst8hoddwnE8mR4X8ENNXqqRPM277ND-cNVf8S3o.jpg (800x1863, 121.55K)

Thanks. Been a while since I last saw the show. I should give it a rewatch.

Attached: 3B00C86E-5D26-4DB8-B394-A7883C49D69B.gif (800x450, 1.19M)

Too bad that ep was shit otherwise. Season 3 was truly the beginning of the end for the show.

I offer a third reason.
The writers aren't good enough to transfer a character's inflections to someone else.

Eda's personality was barely any different from King. It was such a shitty personality swap. And King had a lot of moments that sounded like things Luz would've said.

Luz as Eda was the only one that felt distinct.

The only cartoon that I can think of that kept the voices in a body swap was Peppee Ann: My Mother, My Self.

I stand corrected

*Pepper Ann

youtube.com/watch?v=cgLEVZ_fvYs
another one with vocal retaining

Though they probably could have done it better, I feel like Eda and King were bound to be similar. Both aren't terribly altruistic people.

>He thinks in his own voice but sounds like Eggman

Kino way of doing it.

>*The voice directors aren't good enough to transfer a character's inflections to someone else
ftfy

Attached: 264D8999-AE82-442F-9991-5F8EA287F184.jpg (1920x1080, 235.67K)

*Peepee Ann

Whether or not a body swap episode has changed voices depends on the target audience. 6-11? Changed voices. A little older? No changed voices.

Gravity Falls did it for one moment. Ford's VA made himself really gruff and Hirsch inflected his tone to sound more dramatic

Attached: The twins fight.png (1366x768, 722.09K)

This is the biggest reason why you don't see bodyswap episodes "keep" voices. Using the same exact voice of one character while at the same time keeping the inflections and mannerism of another character is harder then it sounds.

Any alternative body swap fanart about
Eda to Luz
Luz to King
King to Eda

King would have

forgive me for being an Yas Forumsnus, but
Another superior body swap episode:

thewatchcartoononline.tv/girls-bravo-season-2-episode-1-english-dubbed-2

Attached: ecchi kino.jpg (352x500, 54.71K)

I think Alex could easily do Luz's voice, but the gilf that plays Eda would strain to imitate King, and I think Luz's VA is an actual kid who'd struggle sounding like Eda.
Also having imitations like that is confusing when its a 3+ way bodyswap

just bee yourself

Both King and Eda are lazy bums, the only real difference being that King wants to be worshiped and Eda wants to scam you

It annoys me in any body swap episode where a male character doesnt acknowledge his lack of penis or the two sandbags on his chist.

I really just don't understand the problem with this. And the sheer arrogance of having one way be the "correct" way when it is entirely up to the people making the episode is really just driving how much of an autistic obsession this sort of is.
I mean for fuck sake it's just voices what is the big deal?
What if the actors just didn't want to do impressions? What if they CAN'T do impressions?
Why should every cartoon do it in this style instead of whatever the fuck the creator actually WANTS to do? People only ever give the reasons of "its more realistic" which is varying levels of retarded depending on the show, and "the voices actors should just do it because I say they should" You aren't the one paying them so you dont' get to decide.
Criticize it all you want sure but fuck me are these sort of threads whiny.

you are on a mongolian throat singing forum for cartoons. NO SHIT its gonna be whiny

I know I know but threads like these always feel particularly whiny, moreso then what is normal for this board.
Still, better then another falseflag bait thread. And at least all of these opinions are genuine to the people who hold them and not just bait for replies. To each their own and all that shit

To get a little Yas Forums in here, Jojo's Golden Wind. Shit was really impressive in the sub, waiting to see how the dub plays it out.

First off, you’ve got the swaps all wrong. Alex would’ve had to imitate Eda, Sarah-Nicole Robles would’ve had to imitate King, and Wendie Malick would’ve had to imitate Luz.

Second, those three-way imitations wouldn’t be so confusing so long as the three characters each have clear, distinct personalities, mannerisms, and body language that we’re already used to. I’d like to believe most audiences would be able to pick up on who’s who pretty easily if clear writing could make up for characters that are acting like someone else.

Attached: 9E11292B-5645-47FE-9767-78ECBAB30BCA.jpg (683x1024, 182.59K)

Look Hoo's Talking is out youtube.com/watch?v=Q2oyY5E_Xn4

>one actor voices two characters
>scene involves one character imitating the other
>the VA pulls it off perfectly

She Talks to Angel

Attached: 1555906073965.png (500x500, 309.24K)

>greentext
You talkin’ about Seth MacFarlane?

Attached: 949A9067-E912-45CC-8587-F4F34E230F77.jpg (1280x720, 160.76K)

I said two. It's equine show.

It's hard to do this with more than a two-way swap in a show for little kids. SU demands more of its audience, whether you think it sucks or not.

>whenever butthead makes fun of beavis

Attached: Was it good for you as it was for me.jpg (692x645, 38.8K)