Horrorverse

It's the end of the old and the start of the new, and all kinds of wonderful horrors come out to greet. Question for the thread: Would you accept a frosted treat from the friendly Ice Cream Man?

Attached: 36992226._UY1968_SS1968_.jpg (1968x1968, 489.06K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fangoria_Comics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream_Factory
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Would you accept a frosted treat from the friendly Ice Cream Man?

Would I?

Attached: ice-cream-man-review.jpg (800x500, 51.12K)

Mmm, crunchy AND sweet. Yum-yum.

If I take the ice cream, I'm fucked.
If I don't take the ice cream, he's gonna fuck me no matter what.
So I'll just take it. At least I'll have a treat while the ice cream man is raping my mind and body.

Who knows, maybe Caleb will appear at the last minute and bail you out.

Bullshit. I am a full grown man. Perfect material to be killed by him. If I'm a black teenage girl than I might have a chance.

It's difficult to tell with Rick. There's a high chance he'll simply kill you in some godawful manner, but he might just leave you alive after tormenting you for a little if your suffering and misery is tasty enough.

All bets are off if you even remotely show signs of knowing what he is, though.

No. It sucks though because he'll come after me anyway. He wiped out a whole town and the Earth somehow.

>spoiler
He's a demonic godlike reality-warper who's proven time and time again that he basically has no limits. Even leaving for other universes once he's had his fill in one isn't hard for him.

I'd be more surprised if he DIDN'T have the power to wipe Earth. Though given his constant insect motif, I suspect he simply drove them all to madness and depravity over time rather than killing them instantly.

The thing with Rick is that even if you reject him and what he offers, his passive presence still causes bad shit to happen. People suffer, locations get worse, families collapse and die (or worse), all simply because he's there. The only sure way to escape is to leave whatever place he's decided to torment this time around.

Also, we had him pulling major scale illusions/reality alterations as early as issue 3. With further context from later stories, we basically have him being fully capable of altering the world on a whim and putting everything back just as quickly.

Attached: 1551249561109.jpg (900x493, 234.66K)

Would you rather be in Raccoon City during September 1998, or Silent Hill?

Wouldn't Silent Hill be the better option most of the time. It is usually alright so long as you aren't fucked up or just happen to swing by when the local cult is up to their shenanigans and you are related to them for some reason

The Freddy vs Jason reboot looks weird

Attached: _sticker_available__horror_bishoujo_jason_n_freddy_by_glitchpirate_dcx503j-fullview.jpg (800x824, 97.89K)

Raccoon City:
>Eaten by hordes of zombies
>killed by mutated undead horrors
>is scheduled to be nuked in a fee days time
>"STARS"
>is literally only survivable if you're several shades of superhuman

Silent Hill:
>Raped to death by unholy horrors
>Eaten by random demons
>trapped in an eternal hellish plane
>possibly sacrificed to God if you get sent there during the height of the cult
>but on the plus side, you can literally turn and walk the fuck away

I remember some user said in the last thread that, contrary to popular belief, Silent Hill is still dangerous even if you're mentally healthy. The monsters tailored to your trauma are just extra help.

Anyways probably RC. If I act quickly enough I can get in a car and get out before the zombies start mutating into lickers and tyrants are dropped in. Or I could wait for the Wolfpack to clear out a block and scavenge off whoever they kill.

Attached: USSWOLFPACKTEAM.jpg (1920x1080, 348.83K)

>Horrorverse
I bet I could take it, if I got the drop on it.

You could also try to wait for Echo Six.

What's this now?

>Doubt.jpg

I bet I could take you, if I got the drop on you.

How deadly is SCP 4666 in this universe?

Attached: 8286D61D-3C98-48EB-B3FC-DACF4922C710.jpg (1025x780, 198.92K)

He’s a jerk.

He's a major contributor to why kids end up dead or missing here, alongside guys like Freddy Krueger and Pennywise.

lickety-split!

I think Krampus is a considerably much more powerful entity then SCP-4666 but 4666 is decidedly much more threatening in the sense that he kills more indiscriminately and is generally more fucked up.

Ain't having any of that today, Rick.

Attached: Caleb.jpg (625x350, 22.13K)

4666 doesn't seem notably powerful beyond its ability to show up wherever it needs to collect victims. You could *probably* take it out if you were skilled and strong enough, along with being fast enough to catch it in the act.

Remember Fangoria's disastrous attempt at publishing its own comics?

Attached: 01.jpg (1280x2002, 490.77K)

No, but tell me more.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fangoria_Comics
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scream_Factory

These articles and all of the related ones appear to have all been made by the same person.

>Who knows, maybe Caleb will appear at the last minute and bail you out.
>Ain't having any of that today, Rick.

Attached: fug.jpg (1040x1600, 442.87K)

He'll be fine. Probably.

Attached: 2975399-ice-cream-man-3.jpg (600x912, 252.7K)

I don’t see anything different.

Look on the bright side. If you’re in Silent Hill when the Cult fucks off, you won’t have to deal with their demons or God.

Okay what’s this sick fuck do with the ice cream and you as well

The ice cream is basically a literal curse made manifest, courtesy of his reality-warping. It leads to your life going to horrible shit in 99% of cases, with the 1% *almost* looking like there's something happy at the end, but it's really a fake out to heighten your suffering and misery.

Of course, you're still fucked even if you don't take the ice cream. The ice cream just makes it happen faster.

It's mostly just normal dessert most of the time, dude. With just the occasional insects from time to time. It's not a physically manifested curse, he just likes to screw with people horribly.

>It's mostly just normal dessert most of the time, dude. With just the occasional insects from time to time.
>implying insects in your ice cream isn't a curse

Aside from that, the ice cream DOES seem to have an effect on its victims, and whatever he chooses to turn into ice cream probably retains some nasty remnant form what they were (pretty certain the poor schmuck who ate that spider-cone in the first issue had a bad day). It just gets blurred with his natural effect on people's minds.

In fact, a lot of the worst shit that happens to people in the comic only occurs after they've eaten some of his ice cream. So it's not really all that harmless.

Still need to deal with the evil demonic town that hates your guts. And if you go anywhere else, there's a good chance that said evil might've spread there too.

>Still need to deal with the evil demonic town that hates your guts
Ah, Tuesdays.

Hahaha oh wow

What happens if that Ice Cream Man goes to Silent Hill?

Rick only goes to places where there are people to milk suffering and misery from. Silent Hill might be full of psychokinetic echoes of pain and fear for him to feed on, but it lacks the human factor that he very much enjoys. So I doubt he'd go there, or even stay long if he did.

It also lacks cats. And one of the core truths of all things is that a cat, deep fried, is better than any expensive steak.

How does Riccardus even know what an expensive steak tastes like? When was he treated to a fancy dinner by someone in order to have that frame of reference?

Hey, one can't live off a diet of pure ice cream and human suffering alone.

In all seriousness, he probably pulled a General and disguised himself as someone of import and got exposed to the taste then. By his own words, he probably didn't enjoy it much.

So, Rick the Ice Cream Man or BOB. Who's more dangerous? Who would you rather have to face in a direct encounter? Who'd win in an actual confrontation?

Attached: Killer BOB.jpg (600x800, 115.64K)

Attached: horror posters.png (1718x1819, 1.57M)

Remember they nuked RC, so you'll have to actively try to get out or get the attention of the few special forces who aren't being slaughtered, not just by mutants, but by military-minded mutants specifically out to kill people.

Silent Hill is all about how screwed up you are, but you can generally figure it out without getting too much damage. Unless you run into a boss and don't have a gun, then you really have to work. And even then you aren't guaranteed to get away.

Ugh. It made Danzig's Verotika comics look good.

>Carrie a cute. A CUTE!

Sam is very tiny. I want to hold him.

Re-reading issue 12, and considering all the "things" that happened seemingly simultaneously to wipe out mankind, it's pretty damn likely Rick simply drove everyone completely and utterly batshit with his continued presence/and or warped reality to make things even worse.

Remember, Rick isn't a proper being as we'd define such a thing. He's a walking twisted platonic ideal imitating a human. The full depths of his powers really aren't known to us. Hell, theyvrent even known to Caleb, and he knows the most about Rick out of everyone.

How many hours did it take for the nukes to drop on RC anyway?

Attached: DlL1_CHUcAAqh-G.jpg (768x1024, 197.88K)

What is "Red" from?
Doesn't look familiar.

Us
She has the same name as the actual antagonist of the movie but everyone just calls her Red to differentiate the two

>Red and her army of Tethered accidentally burrowed into the Hanniger mines.
>The Harry Warden and Red feel a kinship with each other - neither chose to be entrapped millions of miles underground and both feel vengeful towards the people on the surface who trapped them there because of it.
>Harry becomes a valued asset in the Tethered's uprising.

Ah that makes sense then that I didn't recognize her as I haven't seen that movie.