Wednesday /shelf/ thread

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/ (known to manhandle books with bad packaging)
instocktrades.com/ (worldwide shipping, often has sales)
mycomicshop.com (worldwide shipping)
cheapgraphicnovels.com/
ebay.com/
alibris.com/ (Amazon alternative, it doesn't have the usual fees, it ships worldwide and accepts PayPal)
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you should buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.co.uk/(EU)
speedyhen.com (UK, hefty fees if delivery address outside of UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)
tfaw.com (worldwide shipping)
booktopia.com.au (AUS/NZ)

Price Comparison website(s):
booko.us/
booko.com.au/

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

Upcoming Omnibus/Hardcovers:
goodreads.com/topic/group_folder/305597

Attached: Dreadstar1.jpg (756x1280, 262.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dcbservice.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't usually make shelf threads, but I just received my box set of Jim Starlin's Dreadstar. I found it for €35 on german amazon

Attached: Dreadstar2.jpg (723x1280, 244.23K)

Cover price is $300, just sayin

Attached: Dreadstar3.jpg (685x1280, 199.63K)

>Cover price is $300
Jaysus

Attached: Dreadstar4.jpg (882x1280, 323.18K)

I bought a hard cover collection from amazon and it arrived with a jacket that had a fold so bad on the inside of the front cover that it was ripped. I can't even imagine how they managed that. Absolutely fucking terrible I hope Bezos dies of ebola.

Attached: Dreadstar5.jpg (879x1280, 323.08K)

lol I wouldn't pay 50.

Attached: Dreadstar6.jpg (890x1280, 318.08K)

that's pretty awesome, mate.

>$300
wouldn’t it have been cheaper to get single issues on eBay?

Does it have Metamorphosis Odyssey and The Price or is it just the ongoing?

lol collectionfags don't read floppies they read digital and put these things on shelves never to be touched.

wtf is going on at Instocktrades. First the Daredevil by Bendis 1 sells out in a few days. Then Daredevil 2 in less time. Now Uncanny Xforce within a few days. Do they just not order enough or is Marvel not printing enough or what?

Thread for autistic incels? I'll alert Yas Forums.

I picked up the silver age justice league volume 1, the silver age LoSH omnibus 1, and DC: the new frontier for my birthday

Pic is from eBay

Attached: 967851BB-E6E1-4872-AC67-3F15806F98D0.jpg (251x300, 21.29K)

I recently started getting some cape comics. Right now all I have is All Star Superman, Watchmen, Superior Foes of Spider-Man and Superman Red Son. The rest of my collection is the old hardcover collection of Carl Barks comics, Dallas Barr, and XIII. I'm slowly getting there.

Got some stuff. The CRPG Guide Book isn't really Yas Forums material but it was in the same package and boy is it good.
I also have a package that got held in customs and I handled the payments and bureaucracy last Friday and I still don't have it AAAHHHHHHHH

Attached: DSCN0822.jpg (4120x3248, 2.67M)

Oh wow. The new printing of Uncanny X-Force is already out of stock at ist

I guess that's pretty popular.

I do love the feel of those pages I have to say

Some fine choices but I will say All Star Superman works best with a stronger knowledge of Superman comics. If you end up enjoying it come back to it down the road after reading other superman books and I bet you'll enjoy it more

Last book I picked up was the Deluxe Edition of Superman For All Seasons. It's a gorgeous book with a touching story. Far and away my favorite Loeb/Sale collaboration.

I've got an Amazon gift card for $100 coming soon, so I think I'll splurge on some older stories I've wanted to collect.

Attached: OcJSrxE6Nx_33ry9KRXQ2T5Ia9ogwn0-sMUNbyzmwZc.jpg (2385x1834, 1.08M)

Oh, I've read a lot of Superman, just digitally. I'm just getting paper to give to friends to read or because I think they're cool. Us comics were a bitch to find at a reasonable price here but I happened to move to somewhere near a LCS, before that all you could really get were Disney comics like Donald Duck at supermarkets or newspaper stands.

That "signature" depresses me

It’s got those, the original graphic novel and 1-40 of the ongoing

That looks baller and I want that without even knowing the story.
Also Ben Kenobi got FIT.

Why does it look like fucking Comic Sans

Attached: 1358898414875.gif (300x306, 685.6K)

Should be getting the hox/pox paperback omnibus next week.
Currently not sure if I should complete my collection of Moomin comic strips even though the last issues were written and drawn by Lars Jansson after Tove died.

Because starlin is a boomer and just scanned the art onto his computer and signed it with comic sans because it’s called comic sans

Or that’s what his handwriting looks like kek

This is my fav thread on Yas Forums desu. Which current runs you think will be remembered in the future?

Immortal Hulk seems like a safe bet.

Huh. Holy shit. I gave up on Dreadstar. Dynamite just delays or cancels the next volume every few months.

Do the Starlin comics even wrap up?

I'm going to sell like 80% of my comic collection. How should I sell it? I live in Europe.

This will absolutely be one. Let's see how Hickman's run on X Men goes, and the same goes with Zdarsky's Daredevil.

Morrison's Green Lantern if for no other reason then simply for being written by Morrison.

Where in Europe?
From my own experiences: Selling at a LCS you get maybe 20% tops of the original price. eBay is okay but a lot of work, sites like momox (dunno if it exists where you live) can be okayish too. Honestly most of the stuff I don't care about anymore I give to my nephews

It went out of stock within the hour, idk who orders their inventory but they need to be fired because this book was obviously a hot item that people have been wanting. Now I have to wait for it to go back in stock and I might not even get the 50% off now, seriously this, the X-men box set, and the recent BMB DD books selling out first day is some bullshit.

Canadanons, the yearly "Buy Two Get Third Free" Chapters/Indigo sale is on.
I haven't checked yet, but if it is anything like last year, it's actually closer to a flat 33% off each title (on top of whatever else is discounted).

Bumping, have some new shit will post when I get home

Where's the thread question?

it makes me wonder if the distribution is the issue since cheapgraphicnovels also sold out immediately. Maybe they get less because theyre not amazon

Marvel prints their omni's in China, so it could be getting corona-related delays

When is Uncanny X-Force omni coming out? Previewsworld says March 4, it's not on IST.

Thread question:
>what's your current White whale?
Mine was the Thor by Strazcynski trades or hardcover, but I am one away from them and this week is the week.

Attached: Recent Feb 2020.jpg (920x1314, 1.04M)

>white whale
The color version of Akira.

I hate colored manga.

Presently the fourth TMNT Ultimate Collection hardcover. I have volumes one through three and five presently, along with an extra copy of three because Half-Price Books had the wrong volume listed on their site.

Wally Gropius, Sir Alfred #3, Wildest Dreams by Gary Panter and the Hellberta collection, to an extent

Check ist's other site, dcbs

I normally do too but Akira colored looks really nice

Attached: steve-oliff-akira.jpg (700x440, 399.99K)

Kings batman for how fucking pissed it made people. Looks like Strange Adventures is head the same way.

What are the worst re-colors you've seen done? or ones you'd consider to be guilty pleasures

that really does look good

Attached: Recent Purchases 030120.jpg (3217x2233, 1.59M)

Lol it’s already sold out on ist

It's not necessarily recolors although you can tell they went over it digitally and it does look different, but fuck everything Neal Adams collection that comes/came out over the last 20 years because that man has, in my opinion, just taken a big shit on his original art with his re-inking and such. Why he has such a contract that lets him do that with his DC stuff, at least Batman specifically, is beyond me. Thankfully his Marvel work has remain untouched, although his body of work there is smaller compared to DC.

dcbservice.com/ should be added to the copypasta. It's run by IST, offers preorders, and usually has them set at 50% off MSRP.

>Why he has such a contract that lets him do that with his DC stuff, at least Batman specifically, is beyond me
It's because he's a huge name in the industry and has successfully shamed DC time and time again. First with the Shuster and Siegel Superman fight in the 1970s, then the Superboy fight in the early 2000s, then the Bill Finger fight over getting a credit byline for Batman.

No joke, I absolutely hate his recolored work. I had the first volume of Deadman and, while nearly the entire volume is reprinted as originally released, Adams apparently didn't like that somebody else worked on the issue in the middle of the collection back in the day or something and insisted on redoing just that songle issue in that gaudy new style. It's really damn jarring and I never bothered with the other trades despite my love of occult characters.

And that's not even to mention Adams charging nearly double what most film and TV celebrities charge for an autograph at cons just to sign an item you brought yourself. I was excited to have him sign my Hard Traveling Heroes trades until he was charging $75 per signature in Ohio. That was the same show where I met Adam West on his 87th birthday. It cost less to get signatures from he and Burt Ward combined and, despite their insanely long lines, they took the time chat with my wife and I, then fawn over our children, and let me pass along a message of thanks to them from the owner of the first LCS I ever frequented because he grew up with the original TV broadcasts of their show.

Here we go. Most of the stuff I got these last weeks.

The First Kingdom Vol3 and ElfQuest Vol5 I only got because I plan on getting the collection at some point and they were like 5 bucks each on amazon.

Toppi was pretty good, but I enjoyed the previous volume much more

Haven't read the Dredd stuff yet

The Princess of the Never-Ending Castle was great. I hope they fix the translations in a reprint because its pretty fucking bad. At some points I had to stop and read a page a few times to try and figure out what the fuck it said...

Attached: shelf.jpg (4000x6750, 1.11M)

I already got my white whales. All three colossal conans. So now Im keeping an eye out for the graphitti design hellraisers and stray toasters as well as the dark horse bernie wrightson frankenstein.

>Adams apparently didn't like that somebody else worked on the issue in the middle of the collection back in the day or something and insisted on redoing just that songle issue in that gaudy new style.
The same thing happened during the Legion of Super-Heroes Great Darkness Saga. Another artist did the epilogue to one of the issues (LOSH frequently had multiple two-page epilogues showing what's been going on with other characters), and Giffen demanded to redo those pages so the entire collection could be sold as a "Levitz and Giffen story." Makes sense, except he did it in the style that he had adopted in the late 1980s, not the early 1980s, so it still looks out of place with the rest of the story.

>Shuster and Siegel Superman fight in the 1970s, then the Superboy fight in the early 2000s, then the Bill Finger fight over getting a credit byline for Batman.
>Bill Finger fight over getting a credit byline for Batman
Elaborate

Any recommended horror kinos?

All the original Vampirella stuff. And Frankenstein Alive Alive by Niles

Thanks user, that Frankenstein looks great.